Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Apollo - SpaceCraft Films and Audio delays

(1/3) > >>

TimberWolfAu:
Hello you fine folk,

So, there's a discussion going on on a Facebook page centralised around a nine second delay in an audio piece from Apollo 15. Apparently, the source for this claim is from the Spacecraft Films Apollo 15 documentary/downlink (although no actual audio has been provided, just a lot of claims, and a picture of a soundwave).

Having pretty much given up on finding any...reasonably priced copies of the Spacecraft Films series, does anyone out there have a copy of Apollo 15 and are they able to snag a small audio snip, say about 15 - 20 seconds, if I provide the timing/transcript for the event?

TW

Mag40:
https://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/a15.html

Has all the surface activity.

https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap15fj/index.html

Has everything related to the flight.

onebigmonkey:
Odd - the Apollo 15 set is one of the more common ones on eBay, but I guess it depends on where you are.

Anyhow, there are youtube videos of the EVAs that are obviously ripped from the set (I never had much luck with that).

If all else fails I can at least confirm/deny what is being claimed from my own copy even if I can't extract the video :)

Allan F:

--- Quote from: TimberWolfAu on August 08, 2023, 11:33:44 AM ---Hello you fine folk,

So, there's a discussion going on on a Facebook page centralised around a nine second delay in an audio piece from Apollo 15. Apparently, the source for this claim is from the Spacecraft Films Apollo 15 documentary/downlink (although no actual audio has been provided, just a lot of claims, and a picture of a soundwave).

Having pretty much given up on finding any...reasonably priced copies of the Spacecraft Films series, does anyone out there have a copy of Apollo 15 and are they able to snag a small audio snip, say about 15 - 20 seconds, if I provide the timing/transcript for the event?

TW

--- End quote ---

It's a 0.9 second delay claim, that poster is on about.

EDIT: Jarrah - is that "William Kaysing jr."?

TimberWolfAu:

--- Quote from: Allan F on August 08, 2023, 02:38:54 PM ---It's a 0.9 second delay claim, that poster is on about.

EDIT: Jarrah - is that "William Kaysing jr."?

--- End quote ---

Yes it is, that's what I get for posting at 2am.

I've got the audio from the Lunar Surface Journal, and I think I've got the actual 0.9s delay in question, so just need to compare to the Spacecraft Films audio.

Just starting work at the moment, but can I attach audio files to these posts? I think I've saved as a MP4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version