Author Topic: I'm back, and I miss you all  (Read 11203 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
I'm back, and I miss you all
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:46:04 AM »
Hello dear old friends,
I must admit that I miss you and decided after all those years to come back. How are you all? I miss our old days.. I am keen on trying not to butt heads as much as possible .. I hope we restructure our relations and establish a new start.

I don't care a lot about the moon hoax anymore, and I think that 99% they happened, so if I post something at any time asking about something, I hope you take it with patience and not from the point that I insist of showing anything wrong.

I must say that the years I spent in this forum has increased my knowledge on many aspects and I thank you for this. It is always not the facts but the way of thinking that one get introduced to that matters.

tell me about yourselves.. how have you been? how has the forum been?
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline gwiz

• Mars
Re: I'm back, and I miss you all
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
How long ago were you last here?  Four or five years at least?

The hoax believers seem a lot less common that they were in those days, and of a pretty poor standard too, unwilling to engage in any sort of actual argument.  I blame it on the LRO pictures showing the lunar surface disturbances caused by astronauts walking around.

Personally, life is great, I'm enjoying my retirement.

Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 09:49:08 AM »
How long ago were you last here?  Four or five years at least?

The hoax believers seem a lot less common that they were in those days, and of a pretty poor standard too, unwilling to engage in any sort of actual argument.  I blame it on the LRO pictures showing the lunar surface disturbances caused by astronauts walking around.

Personally, life is great, I'm enjoying my retirement.

Hiiiiiii gwiz....long time..
I think it has been since 2010 if I am not mistaken. sooo happy that you are enjoying retirement .. you'll start to get bored though if you don't find anything to do..us who are used to work are a bit addicted to their own prison.. have a good day
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »
.. you'll start to get bored though if you don't find anything to do..
No chance of that, I'm secretary of the town museum, writing a magazine column and still on a technical committee. I was on the lecture circuit for a few years, till it got too much work to keep my material up to date.

How's life treating you?
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »

Good for you. Actually when working people retire and sit home, their health deteriorates as well as their mental health.

I am still happily resuming my work at the university, with an addition to my salary.. and administering a mailing list on public health .. I really appreciate that it is comfortable .. I can get out whenever I want and no one nags over my head..the most important is that work is done.

NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
Welcome back LionKing  :)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
Welcome back LionKing  :)

Thanks BazBear..hope u r doing well after those years
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 06:17:53 PM »
Welcome back from me too. I still browse by your Facebook page now and again and wonder how you are doing.  We are pretty much up to the same stuff, discussing space and whatever pops into someones head while waiting on hoax believers to drop by.  From the low turn out these days, apparently most of them have taken your route and moved on. 

I don't hear as much about the difficulties in your home country as I used to, so I hope your life has been surrounded by more peace than it was a few years ago. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 03:47:13 AM »
Welcome back from me too. I still browse by your Facebook page now and again and wonder how you are doing.  We are pretty much up to the same stuff, discussing space and whatever pops into someones head while waiting on hoax believers to drop by.  From the low turn out these days, apparently most of them have taken your route and moved on. 

I don't hear as much about the difficulties in your home country as I used to, so I hope your life has been surrounded by more peace than it was a few years ago.

Dear Echnaton, I too browse your fb from time to time to check about you. I must admit that I became a fb addict..
about the forum, yes it appears there is less activity, but I think this is, from a side, unchallenging becasue it is debate between two opposing parties that brings in new knowledge..

on the country' level: yes, I think it is much peaceful, but Syria won the game and it became now the saviour from Islamic terrorism who turned the Syrian revolution from a rightful cause to something that everyone wants to get rid of. Skirmishes take place in the North here every now and then, and in the Bekaa after the battle we have soldiers captured and we are trying to free them..this has been devastating for their families.

there has been some time without any assassinations. the tribunal named people from the hizbolla block but can't get them to the court. the son of Hariri is outside for his own safety. and now the parties are concerned about  getting a president. I hope it doesn't turn out like 2008 when the same situation lead to a mini civil war.

on another note, I travelled in 2012 to SriLanka for 10 days and I really loved it and advise you to go there if you seek tourism. The nature is fascinating and the old temples and different culture is so amazing.

have a nice day
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
Hi, LionKing, good to see you back.

Glad you enjoyed Sri Lanka. It's always good to learn about cool places to travel.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 05:35:49 PM »
Hi, LionKing, good to see you back.

Glad you enjoyed Sri Lanka. It's always good to learn about cool places to travel.

hello twik :) hope you have been well all through the past years
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 12:09:33 AM »
Hi, star/lionking -> LionKing!  Just noticed this thread.   Long time no see.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 04:38:23 AM »
Hi, star/lionking -> LionKing!  Just noticed this thread.   Long time no see.

Indeed..was about to be angry from you ;) how have you been sts60?
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 06:29:56 AM »
Hi too from me LionKing. Good to see you back here.

I am sorry to see that some people in your other thread don't seem to have read or understood your first post in this thread, and for some reason seem to think you deserve being treated rudely for not writing perfect English even though it is not your first language. You couldn't have been much clearer when you wrote, "I am keen on trying not to butt heads as much as possible .. I hope we restructure our relations and establish a new start."

Besides, if I recall correctly, you are probably young enough to be my granddaughter, if I had one. :)

I don't know why people are so intolerant of the differences that exist on this planet, but I find it distasteful and do apologise if they have appeared to be arrogant and ignorant. Those traits seem to be fairly common among some people who live somewhere between Mexico and Canada, but maybe they have spread to the other side of the Atlantic too.

Anyway, do forgive them and I hope you stay and are treated are little better by everyone. Your English is better than that of some people who speak only English, and at least a few friendly folk have replied in this thread. We're not all mean-spirited!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:56:01 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 06:51:13 AM »
Hi too from me LionKing. Good to see you back here.

I am sorry to see that some people in your other thread don't seem to have read or understood your first post in this thread, and for some reason seem to think you deserve being treated rudely for not writing perfect English even though it is not your first language. Besides, if I recall correctly, you are probably young enough to be my granddaughter, if I had one. :)

I don't know why people are so intolerant of the differences that exist on this planet, but I find it distasteful and do apologise if they have appeared to be arrogant and ignorant. Those traits seem to be fairly common among some people who live somewhere between Mexico and Canada, but maybe they have spread to the other side of the Atlantic too.

Anyway, do forgive them and I hope you stay and are treated are little better by everyone. Your English is better than that of some people who speak only English, and at least a few friendly folk have replied in this thread. We're not all mean-spirited!

Thanks for the kind words Kiwi.. yes I do forgive but I just don't understand! If I say cold weather causes cold I should be refured becasue cold doesn't cause common cold but exposes the body to viruses which causes common cold *sigh* ..  I just thought that I don't have to be so specific..

at any rates, I know that good people like you exist. If peopel can be as friendy as you are lots of disputes can be solved without tension.

Have a good day
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi