Author Topic: Choose your bathroom design  (Read 5096 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Choose your bathroom design
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:45:48 PM »
http://awareness-time.com/3d-floor-designs-that-will-give-you-bathroom-envy/

just...breathtaking..no words can describe..which one would you choose?
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: Choose your bathroom design
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
Some fun designs.  I don't think I could handle the visual effect of walking into water on the bathroom floor, so I'd go with the crumbling Rubik's cube floor. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:39:57 PM »
Meh.  None of them terribly appeal to me.  When we have a bathroom we can redo, I want it to be in Monet colours; if I could get it properly waterproofed, I might have Graham paint waterlilies on the floor and seal over it, but other than that, I'm much more concerned about the actual usability of a bathroom floor than how cool it looks.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline ApolloGnomon

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:08:35 AM »
My bathroom remodeling fantasy involves a floordrain and built in pressure washer, just like my fantasy kitchen. Aesthetics are irrelevant to me at this stage of my life.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 03:15:05 AM »
To me, I just love everything that reminds me of natural beauty, especially of animals. I would choose number 2 for a bedroom floor. I would love to go into something that reminds me of the Maldiive and Bora Bora for sleeping.
For a bthroom, I would choose the dolphins of number 14. It is like watching a dolphin performance..provided that the bathroom is such a big one like the one depicted. It is also like bathing in a sea. Now the usability of the floor is a concern, especially teh ability to clean effectively..I hope the designers took care of this.
now for the sinks
what about these?
http://www.architectureartdesigns.com/impressive-unusual-sink-design-ideas/
http://www.home-designing.com/2014/04/30-extraordinary-sinks-that-you-will-not-find-in-an-average-home

Many of them can be put outside for washing hands only ..I would not use many of them in the bathroom becasue we need to wash or teeth and then the toothpaste and stuff will stick there..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:28:38 AM by LionKing »
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »
"I don't think I could handle the visual effect...."
"I'm much more concerned about the actual usability...than how cool it looks."
"Aesthetics are irrelevant to me at this stage of my life."

It doesn't surprise me that we have a bunch of practically minded people here.  Lionking, you seem to be the stand out. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 12:19:51 PM »
"I don't think I could handle the visual effect...."
"I'm much more concerned about the actual usability...than how cool it looks."
"Aesthetics are irrelevant to me at this stage of my life."

It doesn't surprise me that we have a bunch of practically minded people here.  Lionking, you seem to be the stand out.

i don't think the ones i chose are heavy visually..they have a water effect that to is calming and i can sacrifice a bit of cleaning when i feel like bathing in a beach and moving to dry myself next to dolphins that i feel like patting..being if old age shouldn't take u awayfrom emotions and experiencing nature ;)
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

I'd observe that I'm perfectly fine with a mural on my bathroom walls; I'd probably rather like it.  And I do have a colour scheme in mind.  I just think there's a place where beauty and practicality have to balance out.  Those floors wouldn't be half so pretty after they'd taken the kind of water damage you'd expect from a bathroom floor.  Also, frankly, about half of them look like Lisa Frank folders from junior high and are not, in my opinion, all that attractive compared to some of the things you could do instead.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 02:10:22 PM »

My bathroom remodeling fantasy involves a floordrain and built in pressure washer, just like my fantasy kitchen. Aesthetics are irrelevant to me at this stage of my life.

Along with a watertight door, waterproof or -safe electrical, a soap cleaning solution dispenser, and a "start" button.

Offline ApolloGnomon

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »

Along with a watertight door, waterproof or -safe electrical, a soap cleaning solution dispenser, and a "start" button.
I like it. Toss the kids in and start the decontamination cycle! Ding! Clean kids in 90 seconds!