Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 352887 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #765 on: October 01, 2014, 04:52:07 AM »
There is as much chance of Aldrin admitting a hoax as there is of the Sun exploding today.  NONE.

Actually, he already has.  Maybe this Burns fellow is onto something...   

Buzz Aldrin Admits To History's Greatest Prank

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-buzz-aldrin-correction

Numptys like Jockndoris probably thinks that that qualifies as a confession....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #766 on: October 01, 2014, 06:24:13 AM »
Buzz Aldrin Admits To History's Greatest Prank

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-buzz-aldrin-correction
Pretty funny, I hadn't seen that before.

But the joke is on Aldrin, because he's probably not aware that we can see his face in another picture, AS11-40-5875, looking at the camera while he's supposedly saluting the flag.

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »

Buzz will be in Germany this weekend,

http://buzzaldrin.com/buzz-to-receive-the-distinguished-steiger-award/

If Jock could cross the channel and ask him about this, I'll bring a walking stick (just in case his hook is no longer up to the task) and the camera...

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2014, 09:11:17 AM »

If Jock could cross the channel and ask him about this, I'll bring a walking stick (just in case his hook is no longer up to the task) and the camera...

I seem to remember another detractor doing something like this and it was such a disappointment to hear he blew out his morals (?) in favour of a lame question about some wood. I would expect the same here.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #769 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »

Buzz will be in Germany this weekend...

Well, there ya go...

Jock, you have a golden opportunity to prove us all wrong, just go to the ceremony and video Buzz saying that he played golf with you on July20th, 1969.

...and of course as soon as I say that, I realize that is as likely to happen as Buzz "confessing" that he didn't walk on the Moon.

...then again, Jock...you could prove us all wrong...just sayin'.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #770 on: October 01, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »
I am expecting Buzz Aldrin to make a confession soon possibly with an interview with Anna Botting of Sky News.  That will really put the cat among the pigeons !

I'm interested, Jock, why do you expect this?

Do you have information from an earthly source, or has a ghost told you to expect this?

Does your source identify what "soon" covers (weeks, months, years)?

If Aldrin does not make such a confession in a time that could reasonably be considered "soon" (say, one year), would you doubt your source (physical or paranormal)?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #771 on: October 01, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
Jock, you have a golden opportunity to prove us all wrong, just go to the ceremony and video Buzz saying that he played golf with you on July20th, 1969.

Or even better, video Buzz Aldrin saying, "Uh, I don't play golf."  Burns has yet to figure out that as soon as you start making testable claims about living persons, you first need to have done your homework.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline skeptic_UK

• Venus
« Reply #772 on: October 01, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »

Interestingly he did not actually deny the claims when he punched that guy. Just resorted to violence. Maybe he hit a nerve?

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #773 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »

Interestingly he did not actually deny the claims when he punched that guy. Just resorted to violence. Maybe he hit a nerve?

No, he hit a moron.

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
I am expecting Buzz Aldrin to make a confession soon possibly with an interview with Anna Botting of Sky News.  That will really put the cat among the pigeons !

This is what always happens    I knew something like this was going to happen - that why I told you in my previous post.    I didn’t know about this particular award but then no one would have known  if you chaps hadn’t looked for it and posted it here for all of us to see. jockndoris
Do you have information from an earthly source, or has a ghost told you to expect this?

soon looks like October 3 from where i am standing
If Aldrin does not make such a confession in a time that could reasonably be considered "soon" (say, one year), would you doubt your source (physical or paranormal)?

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »

Or even better, video Buzz Aldrin saying, "Uh, I don't play golf."  Burns has yet to figure out that as soon as you start making testable claims about living persons, you first need to have done your homework.

Better still we must ask Anna Botting of Sky News to attend the ceremony and ask Buzz Aldrin afterwards about his confession  -  what a magnificent opportunity for him too because he will be outside the USA where maybe not all his secrecy restrictions apply jockndoris

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #776 on: October 01, 2014, 03:32:31 PM »

No, he didn't "just resort" to violence.  Most people haven't seen the full video.  Sibrel lured Aldrin to an interview under false pretenses.  When Aldrin realized what was going on, he ended the interview and attempted to get up and leave.  Sibrel tried to head him off, but Aldrin pushed his way past.  When Sibrel prevented him from getting to his car, Aldrin then returned to the hotel lobby where the hotel staff tried to keep Sibrel from cornering Aldrin.  Again, Aldrin tried to get out and to his car, but again Sibrel pushed him into a corner of the patio and poked him with the Bible, calling Aldrin names such as "You're a liar and a thief."  Only then, physically cornered and threatened, did Aldrin punch Sibrel.

Most of the Apollo astronauts have prior experience with Bart Sibrel, as he has been stalking them for years.  Are you really seriously trying to tell us that a man who has, for 40 years, steadfastly claimed to have walked on the Moon following an exemplary military and academic career, and has plenty of evidence to prove it, has any obligation to make a special effort to deny, in that moment, the baseless claims of a physically belligerent guy who makes his living harassing him and his colleagues?  You're seriously telling us that Aldrin's credibility versus Sibrel's is defined in that precise moment?

Get real.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #777 on: October 01, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »
Better still we must ask Anna Botting...

Better still, step away from your fantasy life and attempt to reconcile your outrageous claims with the real world.

what a magnificent opportunity for him too because he will be outside the USA where maybe not all his secrecy restrictions apply.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #778 on: October 01, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »

So if there is no relevant confession from Aldrin on or before October 3, 2014, will you recant your claims and withdraw your book?  Or will you just continue stringing everyone along until the next "likely" date?

Put your money where your mouth is.  Then you can claim to "stand by" your published accusations.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #779 on: October 01, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »

This is what always happens    I knew something like this was going to happen - that why I told you in my previous post.    I didn’t know about this particular award but then no one would have known  if you chaps hadn’t looked for it and posted it here for all of us to see. jockndoris

So, you mean you have no "source" that Aldrin will say anything out of the ordinary, other than it suits your fancy to believe so?