Author Topic: Half arguments and problems for the hoax  (Read 29669 times)

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Re: Half arguments and problems for the hoax
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »

The "whistleblower" notion ignores the most obvious source for whistleblowers: the managers, scientists, engineers, and technicians who actually made Apollo happen.  I've worked with some of them.  The idea that they would stand for that sort of crap is laughable, and shows how completely hoax believers are removed from the reality of Apollo in particular and aerospace in general. 

They sometimes try to get around this by saying only a handful of people were really in on it, and everyone else just thought they were working on the real thing.  Such a profoundly silly claim also demonstrates the HBs' disconnect from reality.

Yes, they claim that only a handful of people were in on it, yet obliviously involve every past, present and future expert when they claim that the radiation in the VAB would have fried them.

Not really pertinent, but when I read this post, for about 10 seconds, I wondered just what radiation hazard would be present in the Vehicle Assembly Building.

D'oh!

Offline Willoughby

• Venus
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »

The "whistleblower" notion ignores the most obvious source for whistleblowers: the managers, scientists, engineers, and technicians who actually made Apollo happen.  I've worked with some of them.  The idea that they would stand for that sort of crap is laughable, and shows how completely hoax believers are removed from the reality of Apollo in particular and aerospace in general. 

They sometimes try to get around this by saying only a handful of people were really in on it, and everyone else just thought they were working on the real thing.  Such a profoundly silly claim also demonstrates the HBs' disconnect from reality.

Yes, they claim that only a handful of people were in on it, yet obliviously involve every past, present and future expert when they claim that the radiation in the VAB would have fried them.

Not really pertinent, but when I read this post, for about 10 seconds, I wondered just what radiation hazard would be present in the Vehicle Assembly Building.

D'oh!

HA!

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »

D'oh!

When it's obvious it was Vandenberg Air Base intended,  ;)
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »
They sometimes try to get around this by saying only a handful of people were really in on it, and everyone else just thought they were working on the real thing.
This is one of the more infuriating claims, and it has become rather popular lately.

It certainly belies a complete ignorance of how engineers, scientists and technicians think, work and communicate. And it goes without saying that it's a particularly nasty insult to their intelligence.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »
They sometimes try to get around this by saying only a handful of people were really in on it, and everyone else just thought they were working on the real thing.
This is one of the more infuriating claims, and it has become rather popular lately.

It certainly belies a complete ignorance of how engineers, scientists and technicians think, work and communicate. And it goes without saying that it's a particularly nasty insult to their intelligence.

And how do you isolate those "in the know" from those who are not?

Every engineer who worked on any aspect of Apollo would have needed to be "in the know" because if they weren't, they would spot the bit of engineering that they know would not work  and the game would be up.

Its a fairly established fact that as more people are added to a group that know a secret, the chances of that secret getting out increases dramatically... Watergate is a good example, only about a dozen people new about the break-in when it happened in June 1972. By September, the world knew about it. Even worse was the Lewinsky scandal... only two people knew about it... President Clinton and the woman he was bonking, yet it still got out within a year of the affair.

The HBs would have us believe that NASA and the US Government, with many times the number of people involved in Watergate or the Lewinsky scandal, who would have need to be "in the know", have somehow been able to keep a lid on "da twoof" for almost 47 years!!! This doesn't just strain credulity to the limit, it strains it beyond breaking point...it is simply impossible!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 08:59:03 PM »

And how do you isolate those "in the know" from those who are not?

Every engineer who worked on any aspect of Apollo would have needed to be "in the know" because if they weren't, they would spot the bit of engineering that they know would not work  and the game would be up.

Its a fairly established fact that as more people are added to a group that know a secret, the chances of that secret getting out increases dramatically... Watergate is a good example, only about a dozen people new about the break-in when it happened in June 1972. By September, the world knew about it. Even worse was the Lewinsky scandal... only two people knew about it... President Clinton and the woman he was bonking, yet it still got out within a year of the affair.

The HBs would have us believe that NASA and the US Government, with many times the number of people involved in Watergate or the Lewinsky scandal, who would have need to be "in the know", have somehow been able to keep a lid on "da twoof" for almost 47 years!!! This doesn't just strain credulity to the limit, it strains it beyond breaking point...it is simply impossible!
In addition to the time involved, there have been no "death bed confessionals", and we are getting older> :(
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 12:41:57 AM »

D'oh!

When it's obvious it was Vandenberg Air Base intended,  ;)

But that would have been VBG (or KVBG).  Clearly an intentional mistake by a whistleblower!

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »
Where's Apollo's 'Deep Throat'?

Isn't that Kaysing, the NASA engineer with inside knowlegde? Three lies for the price of one...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2016, 07:25:24 AM »

Isn't that Kaysing, the NASA engineer with inside knowlegde? Three lies for the price of one...
Kaysing WAS NOT AN ENGINEER he had a degree in English IIRC.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 07:38:40 AM »

Ahem! I...er...think that was (part of) Ineluki's point.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »

The alternative to that, as proposed by HBs when confronted with the problem of the huge number of people who would be likely to blow the secret, is to say that only top level managers were 'in on it' and the shop floor guys were not. This fails for the simple reason that if none of your engineers are in the know they will do their jobs and actually build working hardware, thereby removing the need for faking it anyway.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2016, 08:27:01 AM »
Yeah, and those guys sieving all the sand and dumping it in a massive studio set with the life-sized model LM would never have batted an eyelid, seeing is they weren't in the know...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2016, 08:49:28 AM »

Ahem! I...er...think that was (part of) Ineluki's point.
LOL, yes I believe that was what I quoted, but I may have made a mistake.  It certainly wouldn't be the first nor the last. :)
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2016, 08:51:58 AM »

The alternative to that, as proposed by HBs when confronted with the problem of the huge number of people who would be likely to blow the secret, is to say that only top level managers were 'in on it' and the shop floor guys were not. This fails for the simple reason that if none of your engineers are in the know they will do their jobs and actually build working hardware, thereby removing the need for faking it anyway.
Very true and this reminds me of the British video of the people discussing a "Fake"  mission and the woman indicates that no they need to build a massive rocket!
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2016, 08:52:52 AM »
Yeah, and those guys sieving all the sand and dumping it in a massive studio set with the life-sized model LM would never have batted an eyelid, seeing is they weren't in the know...
And a LRV to drive around the massive set.
Eugene Cernan