Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 155180 times)

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »
Haha. That's NOT how it works...

That is exactly how it works. The results of your experiment will only be commensurate if they are obtained using the materials and procedures that were used by the chinese. Now, what were they? If you don't know what they were, you won't have a valid set of results. Period.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »
Haha. That's NOT how it works...

That is exactly how it works. The results of your experiment will only be commensurate if they are obtained using the materials and procedures that were used by the chinese. Now, what were they? If you don't know what they were, you won't have a valid set of results. Period.

What's to stop the Chinese from using something different in the video than the flag that was supposedly used?
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
People don't want to go public because they fear it will make them look bad.
If they are telling the truth and have the evidence to prove it, why do they fear looking bad?

The fact is, the optics professional DID indeed message me. If you really choose not to believe that, you don't have to take that word.

Regardless, the evidence suggests that spacewalk is fake. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to convince me it was real. In fact, nobody here has offered any evidence but me, either!

Please produce that evidence and we'll examine it together, shall we?

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »
If they are telling the truth and have the evidence to prove it, why do they fear looking bad?
Because a lot of people these days just blindly accept that China went into space without asking for any proof. I'm really disappointed about that, because that's not how science works...

Please produce that evidence and we'll examine it together, shall we?

My OP provides two of my main points. The first being the hose, the second being the color of the Earth. I showed some photos which I altered to attempt to get the true color of the Chinese spacewalk. I also was able to make an underwater photo look like it was taken above water.

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »

That's proof alright as bitmaps are impossible to forge. ::)

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »

That's proof alright as bitmaps are impossible to forge. ::)

Must I make a webcam video of me pointing my cam at the monitor on the youtube page to prove it is part of the page?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »
I'm sure a lot of people noticed. But why are they going to risk their career by going public with it? Most people these days don't want proof... They just blindly accept the word of any country that claims they sent man into space. Even if a NASA scientist provided his evidence, people like the ones here would just call them crazy, discount their credentials and then try to "black list" that person.
Besides, I already have a credentialed optics professional on my side who Neil Armstrong himself even praised.

That's a perfect HB argument.  As is "so what if my test doesn't show any real relation to what the circumstances are?  How do you know they weren't just lying?"
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
I'm sure a lot of people noticed. But why are they going to risk their career by going public with it? Most people these days don't want proof... They just blindly accept the word of any country that claims they sent man into space. Even if a NASA scientist provided his evidence, people like the ones here would just call them crazy, discount their credentials and then try to "black list" that person.
Besides, I already have a credentialed optics professional on my side who Neil Armstrong himself even praised.

That's a perfect HB argument.  As is "so what if my test doesn't show any real relation to what the circumstances are?  How do you know they weren't just lying?"

*Super sigh*...
What is to stop the Chinese from using a flag of different material than the details published about it?
If they're going to fake a whole space mission, why not fake a flag? haha

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
Must I make a webcam video of me pointing my cam at the monitor on the youtube page to prove it is part of the page?

No, because that doesn't constitute proof either.

Also, you haven't answered my previous question, so for your convenience I will reproduce it here.

Please can you provide citations to support this? Also proof that Armstrong praised them would be helpful.
After you have answered this question I can retire to bed, safe in the knowledge that the Chinese are faking space flights.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 07:55:41 PM »
I posted the video link here, but the subject matter Armstrong is speaking about kind of gives it away who the expert is, as he is the only person doing such restorations of Apollo media. PM me and I will send you it. I won't go public at the request of my "source".

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »
You know, I just watched the Gemini 4 spacewalk. The tether and several straps do an awful lot of 'floating up'. At one point a glove randomly floats up and out of the capsule. Was that all fake too?

have you seen Gemini 11? Dick Gordon braces himself by straddling the nose of the Gemini at the Agena docking collar. He keeps floating up too.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
You know, I just watched the Gemini 4 spacewalk. The tether and several straps do an awful lot of 'floating up'. At one point a glove randomly floats up and out of the capsule. Was that all fake too?
have you seen Gemini 11? Dick Gordon braces himself by straddling the nose of the Gemini at the Agena docking collar. He keeps floating up too.

The glove was bumped by White's pilot if I remember correctly. In fact, I think he even tossed it up to him.
That's because Gordon was bumping off of the spacecraft and had R(.) relative to the Gemini and the Agena.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »
And the tether and straps?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »

If you haven't already seen it, I strongly recommend the film "For All Mankind" - a documentary about the Apollo program, it contains some astonishing footage of Ed White's space walk that has been stabilised for the film - it doesn't have the jittering and jumping that the most commonly seen footage of White has. It's quite beautiful