Author Topic: Russia just announced it's going back to the moon  (Read 6661 times)

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
Russia just announced it's going back to the moon
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
After 46 years, Russia wants to claim second place by putting a man on the moon.

http://www.techinsider.io/russia-announces-luna-25-return-to-the-moon-2015-9

What do you think?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Russia just announced it's going back to the moon
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 02:21:15 PM »
After 46 years, Russia wants to claim second place by putting a man on the moon.

http://www.techinsider.io/russia-announces-luna-25-return-to-the-moon-2015-9

What do you think?

Seems to be a Lunar Gap to me. ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
Why would they want to do that? There's not much sense from Russia these days with Putin running the show. It's probably another red herring to distract from his many internal problems and the warlike invasion in Ukraine.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:55:02 PM »
Why would they want to do that? There's not much sense from Russia these days with Putin running the show. It's probably another red herring to distract from his many internal problems and the warlike invasion in Ukraine.
I know a lot of people completely disregard what Putin "says" but watch carefully what he "does".
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 04:18:09 PM »
Despite being a 'recent' article, this seems a tad out of date, given that it says Luna 25 would land in 2014.

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »
Despite being a 'recent' article, this seems a tad out of date, given that it says Luna 25 would land in 2014.

???

I see 2024...
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »

???

I see 2024...
That is F-ing* weird, as I read 2014. I went back several times, and I read 2014.
Maybe I'll pull a Neil Baker and claim your version was 'hidden in cyberspace' until now. ::)
*Fluffing, of course.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »

???

I see 2024...
That is F-ing* weird, as I read 2014. I went back several times, and I read 2014.
Maybe I'll pull a Neil Baker and claim your version was 'hidden in cyberspace' until now. ::)
*Fluffing, of course.
Because you didn't agitate for the document until this year.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 04:42:18 PM »
*Fluffing, of course.
Obviously, they went and edited it after you pointed that out. :p
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »

???

I see 2024...

Because you didn't agitate for the document until this year.
Obviously, they went and edited it after you pointed that out. :p
But of course!

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
Reading the article, it describes Lunar bases, so possibly it would involve landing humans to stay on the Moon for a longer period than the Apollo astronauts.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 06:28:48 PM »

Have you tested the fan in your computer in a high vacuum to test that it is working?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »

Have you tested the fan in your computer in a high vacuum to test that it is working?
I tried to, but I choked.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »

I tried to, but I choked.
Your sublimator is obviously not working, closed the water feed valve and open the O2 valve allow the sublimator to work, or get back into atmosphere whichever is more convenient.
Eugene Cernan