Author Topic: Earth going between command module windows?  (Read 15748 times)

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
Earth going between command module windows?
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
I remember one time seeing a video that showed the earth zoomed in on from a far distance on one of the apollo flights and the the earth went between 2 different command module windows as the space craft was rotating.   It was interesting as it showed it was not a transparency or some other nonsense theory that hoaxers say the videos were faked with. 

In other words it showed that they were not just in LEO but were in fact on their way to the moon.

Anyone know of the video I'm talking about and where you can see the clip?

Offline cos

• Venus
Re: Earth going between command module windows?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »
I think Moving Finger on the David Icke forum showed the earth rotated to debunk that theory (also the weather patterns matched the satellite images). I can't find the post because I think you can't search the site unless you join. Frankly life is too short to waste time in that bat shit crazy place.

This you Tube video shows the rotation during the broadcast.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 10:19:23 PM »
Here's a video about the satellite pictures of Earth cpmared to those from from Apollo video comparison by the LunarTuner, and another by GreaterSapien that shows the porthole and transparency claims aren't just wrong, but almost certainly an intentional lie of omission on Sibrel and Percy's part. I think the latter may be what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:23:19 PM by raven »

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40:04 AM »
Yes, thats it raven.   The second video.   Clearly shows Sibrel to be a liar...they completely ommited that from their moon hoax video.   Wonder why... ;D

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
Sibrel initially claimed that clip wasn't part of the materials NASA sent him and was fabricated later to discredit him.  Then Mark Gray (executive producer at Spacecraft Films) painstakingly showed that Sibrel had quoted from other portions of that same film clip and thus had no excuse for missing the exculpatory evidence.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »
This is one of the few things that actually gets me mad. I can take the sheer ignorance of many conspiracy theorists, as I myself am deeply ignorant on a lot of things, including much to do with Apollo. But this? This is  is somebody preying on other's ignorance and fears for personal gain.
Sibrel (and Percy also) are nothing but frauds and thieves. Calling the kettle black, indeed!

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
"Knowing you, Mr. Sibrel, that's probably a fake bible." -- Neil Armstrong, during an encounter with Sibrel who demanded that he swear on a bible that he actually went to the moon.

I wish I was that good on my feet.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »
I believe our excitable friend Jarrah W. explains this shot by way of some as-yet-undiscovered studio "globe". 

So we have one CT proposing a studio production using a mystery globe, another proposing a transparency taped to the viewport, and yet another proposing earth from low orbit, using the window as a cropping device.

What a perfect crystallization of their mode of operation.  The best and only strategy the hoaxters have is to shoot arrows in the dark and hope one hits something.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »
I believe our excitable friend Jarrah W. explains this shot by way of some as-yet-undiscovered studio "globe". 

So we have one CT proposing a studio production using a mystery globe, another proposing a transparency taped to the viewport, and yet another proposing earth from low orbit, using the window as a cropping device.
I think there is a variant of the last one in which it is a gibbous cut-out, as the lit Earth in that shot isn't even a circle. Still debunked by the above video though.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 05:39:35 AM »

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named also claimed that NASA weather forecasting was good enough to predict cloud patterns three days in advance, so they could have created accurate "transparencies" ahead of time.  I guess that's another skill that was 'lost' along with everything else.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named also claimed that NASA weather forecasting was good enough to predict cloud patterns three days in advance, so they could have created accurate "transparencies" ahead of time.  I guess that's another skill that was 'lost' along with everything else.
I think it would need to be longer than that, as someone would need to paint the cloud patterns in enough detail that no brush strokes are seen. That would take some time in itself.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »
Yet another example of how NASA has the budget and technology to do anything a conspiracy theorist imagines -- except fly to the Moon.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 02:13:42 PM »
Yet another example of how NASA has the budget and technology to do anything a conspiracy theorist imagines -- except fly to the Moon.
You're in a position to have a sounder opinion on this than I am, but I'm still inclined to think that (as incredibly difficult as it was) actually going to the moon was easier than a hoax of this magnitude would have been.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
Yeah man they went to every last detail with the earth in this hoax even right up to having accurate transparencies with the right weather patterns down to the last details...except for putting stars in the pictures of the sky they took on the moon stage for the EVA footage....they effed up on that one. ;)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 03:20:18 PM »
You're in a position to have a sounder opinion on this than I am, but I'm still inclined to think that (as incredibly difficult as it was) actually going to the moon was easier than a hoax of this magnitude would have been.

Almost certainly, yes.  I'm not an expert, but I can't figure out how they'd film it, much less anything else.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates