Apollo Discussions > The Reality of Apollo

Astrowives

(1/2) > >>

Peter B:
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/saturdayextra/forgotten-story-of-the-astrowives/4845648

The link is to an interesting article about the book "The Astronaut Wives Club" by Lily Koppel.

Obviousman:
I've got the book but haven't gotten around to reading it as yet. There's The X-15 Rocket Plane and Forever Young, as well. I need more time to read....

Obviousman:
I finished it; very good read and is recommended. It has a few minor inaccuracies (e.g. Gus hanging a lemon on the spacecraft, not the simulator) but is otherwise well written and interesting. I am still quite amazed how many of the astronauts were having extra-marital affairs and how this was unofficially sanctioned by the astronaut office.

Something I found curious was in the acknowledgements: many people being thanked for their help including Betty Grissom and Mark Grissom.... but no Scott. He chose not to participate?

raven:
I've seen that error before in Lost Moon. It is especially interesting as Jim Lovell was one of the authors. *puts on conspiracy theorist hat* Ermagerd! It must be a code! After all, lemon is an anagram for No LEM, proof that the moon landings were faked! :o

BazBear:

--- Quote from: raven on September 22, 2013, 01:59:19 PM ---I've seen that error before in Lost Moon. It is especially interesting as Jim Lovell was one of the authors. *puts on conspiracy theorist hat* Ermagerd! It must be a code! After all, lemon is an anagram for No LEM, proof that the moon landings were faked! :o

--- End quote ---
*round of applause for Raven's CT performance* ;D

Of course Raven, the damned shame is the kind of "logic" you used would be considered iron clad proof of a hoax by a true HB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version