Author Topic: Philae is down.  (Read 16678 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Re: Philae is down.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 03:51:10 PM »
Classic, he is now claiming the link I showed him was in his article, knowing how deceptive he is, I made a screenshot of his original article... He was convinced it was real, he has now changed the article. Adrian caught with his pants down.. :D

"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »
Aah right so it's the other site's fault for not saying that it was a mock-up and not his fault for being a dumb schmuck? Also known as the 'Blame the Professor' defence.

He claims to trying to find the source.

Took me 2 seconds:

http://imgur.com/gallery/CWrHL

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »
He likes to perpetuate the other lie, you know that he is some kind of Internet whizz! :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
Classic, he is now claiming the link I showed him was in his article, knowing how deceptive he is, I made a screenshot of his original article... He was convinced it was real, he has now changed the article. Adrian caught with his pants down.. :D

Adrian is so internet savvy that he doesn't realise a web page can be saved (and because we are on to his lies and deceptive practices, we WILL save that page before pointing out his deception) so that when he tries compound his lies with more lies, we catch him at it, every time.

This has happened several times now, and he still doesn't get it.

Ohhh, the stupid; its unending!

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 01:43:52 AM »
By the way, have you seen this?

Interesting and makes the point.

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 03:30:38 AM »
Oh dear, someone on the Daily Mail science page is saying that Philae is going to doom us all, by changing the orbital path of the comet. ...where do people get their ideas of physics from? :) :)

Has anyone told them that Philae weighs about 1 gram or 1 ounce on 67P, depending on who's telling the story?

This topic made me try to find the 10-year-old BAUT thread where someone asked if it was theoretically possible for an astronaut, using rocket principles, to pee himself off an asteroid -- assuming he wasn't encumbered by a pressure suit. JayUtah came up with all the maths involved.  :)

Unfortunately the CosmoQuest forum won't accept any of the words in the thread's title for doing a search, which makes it a pretty useless search "facility." The name of the thread was "Secret NASA Images Hide Hoax". Time to try Google.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:33:35 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 04:18:03 AM »
Oh dear, someone on the Daily Mail science page is saying that Philae is going to doom us all, by changing the orbital path of the comet.

Why do they assume that any changes would be damaging? How do they know that the orbit of the comet won't intersect with Earth as it is and the Philae landing won't nudge it away?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 04:20:51 AM »
Why do they assume that any changes would be damaging? How do they know that the orbit of the comet won't intersect with Earth as it is and the Philae landing won't nudge it away?

The nature of the beast, screams cover up or impending doom, they are probably all still waiting for Nibiru. :D

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 04:37:41 AM »
This topic made me try to find the 10-year-old BAUT thread where someone asked if it was theoretically possible for an astronaut, using rocket principles, to pee himself off an asteroid -- assuming he wasn't encumbered by a pressure suit. JayUtah came up with all the maths involved.  :)

Here ya go!
http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?12231-Secret-NASA-Images-Hide-Hoax

The question from 3d-vd is in post 13:
If you were on an asteroid, could you pee hard enough to achieve escape velocity not only for your urine but yourself, sort of like having a self contained rocket?

And JayUtah joined in at post 18:
Sheesh, thanks to this thread I've spent a great deal of time trying to discover the velocity of a human urine stream so I could do the rocketry calculations.

Enjoy how it developed from there!
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 04:38:22 AM »
The nature of the beast, screams cover up or impending doom, they are probably all still waiting for Nibiru. :D

What a way to go through life! These are the people that probably still think that thunder is the sound of the god's displeasure.
More to be pitied than laughed at, though I personally find it very difficult not to point and laugh at them.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 07:26:03 AM »
With the news regarding the problem of charging the batteries, people are asking why weren't RTGs used... why weren't they? I would guess ESA had a good reason, but I don't know enough about the subject to comment.
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Online Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
With the news regarding the problem of charging the batteries, people are asking why weren't RTGs used... why weren't they? I would guess ESA had a good reason, but I don't know enough about the subject to comment.

Mass, probably.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »
From a Q&A session on Google hangouts

Q: Why not a nuclear battery? - A:Pultonium is highly toxic, unsafe, politically bad to launch nuclear substance. Technology not designed, mainly for political reasons.

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »
From a Q&A session on Google hangouts

Q: Why not a nuclear battery? - A:Pultonium is highly toxic, unsafe, politically bad to launch nuclear substance. Technology not designed, mainly for political reasons.

Does anyone remember Michio Kaku trying to get an injunction to stop the Cassini launch? I remember it well because I had an email debate with him on the subject at the time. It was a very intense discussion.
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 12:22:17 PM »