Author Topic: Apollo and Stars  (Read 50408 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Apollo and Stars
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2015, 09:03:19 AM »
tarkus, BTW here is an image of the battery, from surveyor III
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a12/AS12-48-7138HR.jpg
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »
Maybe someone one can check me on this, but it seems to me that the solar array/antenna axis is substantially rotated to the right (CCW looking down at the vehicle) of the TV camera mast in the ground training picture as compared to the EVA position. 

Yup, just draw lines across the diagonal of the nearer panel, and see the angles are TOTALLY different, as well as the proportion of the triangle formed between

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2015, 12:49:02 PM »
To be clear, I'm not really talking about the apparent view of the array.  I'm talking about the pointing of the array with respect to the spacecraft bus itself.  In the ground picture, the antenna face is pointed substantially further away from the #2 leg (closest to viewer).  Tarkus insinuates that the same unit, unchanged, was used for both the training images and this taken on the Moon - even the solar array hasn't budged.  Except it clearly has "moved" between the training unit and Surveyor 3.  So tarkus is wrong about that.

He also complained that the solar array wasn't pointing at the Sun, but as was explained to him, it was pointing to the last "sunset" before cold soak killed the spacecraft.  So he was wrong about there being no reason for that. 

Of course, he was also fundamentally wrong about the solar array being "fixed"; and he repeated this error after being told it wasn't.  So he was doubly wrong there.

tarkus, don't you ever reconsider your position given how many mistakes you make?

If not, why should anyone continue trying to educate you?  I have asked these questions before.   Please answer them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:53:14 PM by sts60 »

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »
For that matter the simulation is on a floor, not on any kind of a "dusty" terrain
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Online JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
And the training mockup is on a wheeled fixture.  There are innumerable differences, some very significant and others trivial.  Tarkus isn't the first to try to repurpose accurate training aids as props in a hoax.  It's just a plain old affirmed consequent.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2015, 03:02:04 PM »
Here is Surveyor from a different perspective, tarkus note the position of the top panels.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a12/AS12-48-7145HR.jpg
Eugene Cernan

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
LRV camera continued filming? and filmed the Earth? I would love to see that !!!

Then go look it up.
Who claims shows meantime I refuse to believe that.

I'm not going to waste my time providing a link so that you can ignore it, deny it, or move the goalposts.
I long for a hoax believer to debate with some intellectual honesty.
If you show that filmed the lunar rover to Earth, I will recognize their effort and admit that he is right, otherwise you become like a boastful liar.
That is awfully strong language, especially since you won't go looking for the video.
You understand very well that send someone to look for something nonexistent is teasing ... no? everything else is poor excuses, who claims shows or silent.

I found the footage in less than five minutes using Google.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2015, 08:41:16 PM »
Actually,  I'm being generous. I found it in one minute
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »
Easy as pie
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2015, 08:56:25 PM »
Easy as cake....
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:16 PM »
You understand very well that send someone to look for something nonexistent is teasing ... no? everything else is poor excuses, who claims shows or silent.

Get over yourself.  You've made a whole string of claims that amount to denying the existence of certain kinds of evidence.  Yet when that evidence is pushed under you very nose, you still deny it.  That behavior fairly excuses anyone else from any obligation to produce arbitrary evidence for you.  You've made claims that imply you've studied the Apollo evidence thoroughly.  Yet it is quite clear you have not.  When you can demonstrate even a cursory familiarity with the pertinent evidence, then you can oblige people to produce obscure bits of it that become relevant.  But when you stand there ignorant as a child and unwilling to be taught in any respect, you don't get to claim any sort of moral high ground.
Nonsense ... the user who claims the Earth lunar rover photographed refused to prove the stupidity that was invented. Then he demanded that I seek and find such material (?).
And like any honest person can understand, that says something is who should try, if you do not agree with this is that you are crazy or a complete idiot.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »
tarkus, you are more full of wind and piss than a barber's cat! You have repeatedly been provided with links you have asked for, and you have repeatedly ignored them, hand-waved them away, denied their content or moved the goalposts. Its time you learned to do your own research to come up with the answers you want. We've had enough of doing your donkey-work for you.

I have posted elsewhere on this forum an example of a teenage schoolgirl who runs rings around you for clarity of thought and understanding of scientific method. She puts you and your CT/HB mates to shame... you could learn a lot just from reading how she went about things, but sadly you won't, because you can't. Your mind is bolted shut!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Online JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
...if you do not agree with this is that you are crazy or a complete idiot.

No.  People aren't stupid or crazy because they disagree with you.  Your laziness and incompetence doesn't oblige others to do the research you should have done before making the claims you've made.  In the time it's taken you to accuse everyone else of impropriety several times over on this matter, you could have found it.  As others have demonstrated, it's not at all hard to find.  To someone who is familiar with the Apollo record, it's remarkably easy to find.  You'd rather whine than learn.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »

Get over yourself.  You've made a whole string of claims that amount to denying the existence of certain kinds of evidence.  Yet when that evidence is pushed under you very nose, you still deny it.  That behavior fairly excuses anyone else from any obligation to produce arbitrary evidence for you.  You've made claims that imply you've studied the Apollo evidence thoroughly.  Yet it is quite clear you have not.  When you can demonstrate even a cursory familiarity with the pertinent evidence, then you can oblige people to produce obscure bits of it that become relevant.  But when you stand there ignorant as a child and unwilling to be taught in any respect, you don't get to claim any sort of moral high ground.
Nonsense ... the user who claims the Earth lunar rover photographed refused to prove the stupidity that was invented. Then he demanded that I seek and find such material (?).
And like any honest person can understand, that says something is who should try, if you do not agree with this is that you are crazy or a complete idiot.

I demand it again. It took me three words typed into Google, and the video was the first hit. Surely one who easily researches HB sites isn't going to let himself be stymied by Google?

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »
OK, I got a copy of Spacecraft films Apollo 17 DVDs. and, well, I can find video of after Apollo 17 left, and of the rover taking video of Earth, but not both.