Author Topic: Apollo 13  (Read 169661 times)

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guruâ„¢
    • Rocket & Space Technology
Re: Apollo 13
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
Why not leave that to your associates at NSA?

Sorry but I don't belong to the National Scrabble Association.

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
Why not leave that to your associates at NSA?
Lame.

Each time you resort to an ad hom attack rather than present evidence and rational arguments, you only demonstrate and emphasise your dearth of evidence and rational arguments.
For some reason almost all hoaxies eventually go there.

It should give you pause.
Why is it that for over 40 years hoaxies have been unable to support their accusations with anything that could stand up against scrutiny?
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2013, 10:32:34 PM »
Atomicdog: Nothing better to do than keep track of my Net wanderings? Why not leave that to your associates at NSA?

A related subject: Yes, I was drawn back by amazement at the man-hours/tax dollars expended here...

Quoted just for the sheer paranoia.

I'm still waiting for your math for the heat balance of the LM.

oh, and pimping your books was a delicious hypocritical touch.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2013, 11:12:25 PM »
Atomicdog: Nothing better to do than keep track of my Net wanderings? Why not leave that to your associates at NSA?

A related subject: Yes, I was drawn back by amazement at the man-hours/tax dollars expended here...

Try this:

One reply I can picture: 'Since Bean was totally ignorant of the VARB, it's only logical that he would be totally ignorant about the functioning of his spacecraft...' Might work...
Well, then, if you've got time to make a YouTube film especially for us, why not turn your attention to the Apollo rocks. You might like to start at somewhere like this: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/samples/

That's right, a place where real scientists do real science with real rocks from the Moon.

ETA: You're amazed at the man-hours [sic] and tax dollars spent here? In what way? That it's so cheap?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:14:53 PM by Peter B »
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »
And hey, care to go over with me why your claim at the proper tactics of journalism is wrong?  I can name a few people who got in a lot of trouble over assuming instead of doing due diligence.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2013, 01:00:53 AM »

Try this:

One reply I can picture: 'Since Bean was totally ignorant of the VARB, it's only logical that he would be totally ignorant about the functioning of his spacecraft...' Might work...
This is so typical.  Once again my hopes for a newer/better hoax believer have been dashed upon the shores of the mundane and predictable.

Why is it that Alan Bean, in an interview many years later, is the definitive authority on everything Apollo.  Is it the shared fist name perhaps?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:07:01 AM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2013, 01:01:36 AM »
Hi, Allan.  Welcome back to the forum.

In reply #239 I pointed out that you had been given citations explicitly mentioning trajectory design through the Van Allen belts - which you had guaranteed did not exist. 

Will you live up to your guarantee? 

If not, why not?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:05:17 AM by sts60 »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2013, 03:19:28 AM »
I'm a semi-retired flea market booth owner who has to sell off his comic book collection to make ends meet! That's why I have so much time to follow your meanderings here.
  You interested in some 80s Wolverines, near mint?

That my friend is a great front for an NSA operation.

Who'd ever suspect?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2013, 03:23:24 AM »

Do not mistake the "tax dollars" allegedly being spent here, for what is simply a bunch of like minded people who are having a lot of fun, for free..... and at your expense!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »
SNIP

So instead of even acknowledging the responses that you have received you've decided to become a seagull poster? Oh, and not forgetting your contribution to YouTube's pile of kook videos. You really are trashing about in areas where you know absolutely nothing.
That's some investigative journalism right there, folks.

Looks like that hashish that you admit to smuggling really has gone to your head....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »
The "you're all paid shills" motif is rather odd, to my mind. If he's convinced that all the posters who disagree with him are paid shills, what is the point of arguing with us? If we're paid to dispute the hoax theory, we're not going to suddenly go, "Oh, goodness, you're RIGHT!"

I suppose it is a combination of insult ("you're paid hacks") and ego-defense ("there's no legitimate reason for you not to agree with me").

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
The "you're all paid shills" motif is rather odd, to my mind. If he's convinced that all the posters who disagree with him are paid shills, what is the point of arguing with us? If we're paid to dispute the hoax theory, we're not going to suddenly go, "Oh, goodness, you're RIGHT!"

I suppose it is a combination of insult ("you're paid hacks") and ego-defense ("there's no legitimate reason for you not to agree with me").

I see it more as a combo of paranoia and megalomania.  Either way it isn't valid.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
Bean was totally ignorant of the VARB, it's only logical that he would be totally ignorant about the functioning of his spacecraft...

That is about the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard an HB say...just totally stupid, and I am rather insulted that you would think it "ok" to post such crap, here.

It just makes you look really ignorant to say stuff like that...

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
I'm a semi-retired flea market booth owner who has to sell off his comic book collection to make ends meet! That's why I have so much time to follow your meanderings here.
  You interested in some 80s Wolverines, near mint?

That my friend is a great front for an NSA operation.

Who'd ever suspect?

Hmmm...for years,  S.H.I.E.L.D. used a barber shop as a front for its New York operation.

You might have something there.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2013, 10:48:29 AM »

Hmmm...for years,  S.H.I.E.L.D. used a barber shop as a front for its New York operation.

You might have something there.

UNCLE used a tailor's shop.
SHADO used a film studio.
MiB used a tunnel ventilator building.

Yep. He's got you.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.