Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 353033 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #840 on: October 05, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
I'm waiting for an answer to this:
So Mr Burns......what of your claims that there'd be a confession today????

Still waiting for an answer...
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #841 on: October 05, 2014, 02:30:18 PM »
And Burns is still lurking the forum, as of today.  Come on, Burns, we know you're reading all this.  Let's see you stand by your work.  If you will.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #842 on: October 05, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
And after you explain your failed prediction, you have unfinished business in the Mars thread.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #843 on: October 05, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
Aside from his failed predictions, he has unfinished business in this thread too.  Still waiting on Clarke v. Newton.  Still waiting on p. 16.  Still waiting on "hiding in plain sight."

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #844 on: October 05, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
There's something about rubber necking at a car crash about this thread now. I'm sure Mr Burns has no real intention of coming back and prefers to look at his handy work. It's voyeurism, no more.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #845 on: October 05, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »
Twice now he's bragged about how many responses he's generated, and praised Skeptic_UK for the same (non-)goal.  That pretty much cements it for me that he has no actual intention of discussion, just running up a post count as some sort of proxy metric in place of legitimacy.

Then you go back and see more clearly that all his ghost-story books are just childish pleas for attention -- nothing more.  You tolerate a bit of that from children, but when a grown man does it it's just sad.  I mean seriously sad.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #846 on: October 05, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
It's voyeurism, no more.

Yep. Trolling and rubber-necking.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the conspiracy believer's mind is a strange place....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #847 on: October 05, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
Jockndoris

I will remind you that you were under moderation (due to previous rule violations) when you returned to the forum. I removed the moderation restrictions so that you could more quickly answer questions about your claims.

If you do not answer the questions posed to you by the other members of the forum I will place you back under moderation and no further promotion of your books will be permitted.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #848 on: October 06, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
It's voyeurism, no more.

Yep. Trolling and rubber-necking.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the conspiracy believer's woo peddler's mind is a strange place....
FTFY. I may be mistaken, but I find it hard to believe Burns believes his own work.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #849 on: October 06, 2014, 06:25:50 AM »

I'd like some answers to these questions, please, Jockndoris:

1. If Apollo was faked how do you explain where the 380+ kilograms of Moon rocks and soil samples came from?

2. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how the footage was recorded of astronauts moving around in what appears to be a low-gravity vacuum?

3. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how the astronauts were able to discuss the news of the day and live sports scores during the missions?

4. If Apollo was faked how do you explain why the Soviets didn't say anything about the fake, especially as they had sources inside NASA providing them with lots of relevant data?

5. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how they faked zero gravity during live TV crosses during the journeys to and from the Moon?

Thank you.

Come on, Jockndoris. You going to answer?
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #850 on: October 06, 2014, 10:47:51 AM »
Consider that both Jockndoris and Skeptic_UK are lurking the forum at least once a day, I doubt we'll get anything more from them except the usual dreck.  Neither of them seems to want to stand by their claims beyond repeating them.

And no, I don't think it's credible to believe Neil Burns stands by his book.  In my opinion he just wants attention, and he can't get it by legitimate means so he seeks it via outrageous claims.  And by very lazy efforts.  Judging by the words he puts in the mouths of his "ghosts" he isn't even willing to do the slightest bit of historical research.  His factual claims have been thoroughly addressed and disproven.  And apparently he isn't willing to part with even a bit of his profits in order to engage a competent editor.

It's time we put his claims in the category they belong:  senile ramblings.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #851 on: October 06, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
I still think that if I were visited by Neil Armstrong's ghost, my first thought wouldn't be "Hey, I can get the the down-low on the Apollo program," it would be, "Yikes, I'm talking to a dead person! Proof of life after death!" That seems, really, to be a bigger issue to me than Apollo.

If Jock believes that getting dirt on a fifty-year-old government program is more important than proof that we have souls, and they survive death (a question that has been on mankind's mind since earliest times), I question his sense of priorities.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #852 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:26 AM »
I'm waiting for an answer to this:
So Mr Burns......what of your claims that there'd be a confession today????

Still waiting for an answer...

..Still waiting.

Neil Burns was back on today, no doubt reading all these replies and soaking up (in his mind) the attention. Shame he hasn't got the bottle to answer to his ridiculous allegations.

In short, Mr Burns, you made a claim that has been demonstrated to be incorrect. Your hypothesis is rubbish. Care to acknowledge this?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #853 on: October 06, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »
Neil Burns was back on today, no doubt reading all these replies and soaking up (in his mind) the attention. Shame he hasn't got the bottle to answer to his ridiculous allegations.

I think he will only do so if he thinks it will increase his post count.  He's made it fairly apparent that attention is the only thing he cares about.  Which makes him a typically selfish hoax promoter, willing to stomp all over the graves of deceased great men and women, and denigrate the achievements of thousands of others, as long as he gets his little 15 minutes of attention.  He doesn't care how much he has to lie in order to be something besides an unknown accountant.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #854 on: October 06, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
Burns' time here has spurred several interesting side conversions and provided some of amusement, even if it was mostly at his own expense.  So his rambling has not been entirely for naught.  Still there is always a bit of disappointment when hoax believers get sidetracked from the start and fold so quickly.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett