Author Topic: Change'e 3/Yutu  (Read 26271 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Change'e 3/Yutu
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 12:44:11 PM »
I suspect that a majority of the remaining fence-sitters--and I don't think all that many are left--are probably thinking, "Well, if the Chinese landed a probe there, doesn't that show the whole thing was possible?"  I suspect the distinctions between landing a probe and landing a person, other than how much more expensive it is to land a person, are broadly lost on most people.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
There is still their golden bastion, radiation.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »
Here's the planned Chinese lunar sample return system, even more LM-like:
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=33431.0;attach=562163;image
Interesting. Quite different from the Luna 16, 20 and 24 system, which launched straight back to Earth from the moon's surface with its small ascent module. That looks like they are attempting unmanned lunar orbit rendezvous.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »
Pity they cannot drive the probe to one of the Apollo sites and take a few photos.

That would shut a few of the idiots up!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 03:03:45 PM »
That would shut a few of the idiots up!

No, it really wouldn't.

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
It won't shut them up any more than the people who claimed they just wanted to see Obama's original BC.  As soon as any supporting evidence if offered up, it will be shot down with more claims of "fake".

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »
The Chinese have quite a way to go to reach NASA's standard for releasing data to the press, but it's starting to dribble out.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/china/change3/131216photos/

I hadn't seen the picture of the lander as seen from the rover.  Note the following:

1. Absolutely black sky; no stars
2. Lander covered with cheap-looking gold-painted "tin foil"
3. Shadow side of lander is brightly lit
4. No sign of blast crater under lander
5. No piles of lunar dirt on top of landing pads

Let's see just how many more we can find. Anybody see a "C" on any of those rocks? :-)

</sarcasm mode>

1. Clear & distinct tracks left in the regolith by the rover.
2. Conflicting directions in light shadows.

A certain Aussie must be royally freaking out right now as several of his hoax theories have just been sent packing by the Chinese.

I suspect he will just start calling the Chinese liars instead of admitting defeat. 

How that kid survived into adulthood is beyond me.

Speaking of Jarrah, I noticed his rebuttal to SG Collins has been removed due to:

"RE: moon h..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement."

His youtube site also seems to be down and the only thing I could find while searching is this brief bit:

"Urgent message for Jarrah White's subscribers. 411 views 1 day ago ... by New Years Eve. In the meantime, I invite subscribers to subscribe to my other account....."

Just wondering if anybody knows what's going on?

Edit:
Looks like Vincent was behind this:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:56:53 PM by mako88sb »

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
I'm getting 'an error occurred' on that video, I am afraid.

Offline Eastsider

• Mercury
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »
The Chinese have quite a way to go to reach NASA's standard for releasing data to the press, but it's starting to dribble out.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/china/change3/131216photos/

I hadn't seen the picture of the lander as seen from the rover.  Note the following:

1. Absolutely black sky; no stars
2. Lander covered with cheap-looking gold-painted "tin foil"
3. Shadow side of lander is brightly lit
4. No sign of blast crater under lander
5. No piles of lunar dirt on top of landing pads

Let's see just how many more we can find. Anybody see a "C" on any of those rocks? :-)

</sarcasm mode>

1. Clear & distinct tracks left in the regolith by the rover.
2. Conflicting directions in light shadows.

A certain Aussie must be royally freaking out right now as several of his hoax theories have just been sent packing by the Chinese.

I suspect he will just start calling the Chinese liars instead of admitting defeat. 

How that kid survived into adulthood is beyond me.

Speaking of Jarrah, I noticed his rebuttal to SG Collins has been removed due to:

"RE: moon h..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement."

His youtube site also seems to be down and the only thing I could find while searching is this brief bit:

"Urgent message for Jarrah White's subscribers. 411 views 1 day ago ... by New Years Eve. In the meantime, I invite subscribers to subscribe to my other account....."

Just wondering if anybody knows what's going on?

Edit:
Looks like Vincent was behind this:

I went to youtube. His account has been "terminated due to multiple third party copyright infringement claims."

I can only imagine the agonizing drama going on down under right now.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 07:31:51 PM »
I felt a tiny disturbance in the Net, as if a single voice suddenly cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 02:01:45 AM »
I went to youtube. His account has been "terminated due to multiple third party copyright infringement claims."

I can only imagine the agonizing drama going on down under right now.

It will be put down as all being a part of a global Google/NASA mega-conspiracy to silence he and other "truth tellers". Them Google/NASA shills are all in cahoots with the FBI/NSA/CIA/FEMA/MiB/HS/SIS/Mi5 acronymicists!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
I felt a tiny disturbance in the Net, as if a single voice suddenly cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced.

That was just a bit of wind..... the internet would not care a jot.

Meanwhile, another bastion of excellence somewhere over the border has an infliction of self imposed experts, the stupid reigns, all is right in the world.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »
At JREF one of the notorious uber-trolls has claimed the Chinese lander shows a "color" landscape (i.e., warm grays) whereas the Apollo 70mm photography shows uniform neutral gray.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »
At JREF one of the notorious uber-trolls has claimed the Chinese lander shows a "color" landscape (i.e., warm grays) whereas the Apollo 70mm photography shows uniform neutral gray.
Because, of course, that wouldn't depend on the colour balance of the camera in question. ::)

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 07:03:43 AM »
Reminds me of the report in "Life" after Surveyor 3 landed the first colour TV camera on the moon.  It was along the lines of "Now we can see the moon in its true colour - a rich and varied grey."
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man