Author Topic: moon rock given to Holland by Neil Armstrong is Fake  (Read 28923 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: moon rock given to Holland by Neil Armstrong is Fake
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »

Its OK Luke, you can make one of these and wear it when you are warming up that pizza slice.....

More likely, the cat is the one in charge.

That cat has had just about enough of this bullshit.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
Wait until you find out where they stuck the new antenna. The new contract never mentioned _that_!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:04:09 PM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:22 AM »
Wait until you find out where they stuck the new antenna. The new contract never mentioned _that_!

Welcome to the board new-Dwight. Glad to have you here.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 05:37:13 AM »
I'm taking no chances whatsoever......

"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 05:52:37 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. Now, down to business:

Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, Bob, Dwight, Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, completely :ignore gillianren, Jay, Jay, Jay.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 06:12:03 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. Now, down to business:

Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, Bob, Dwight, Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, completely :ignore gillianren, Jay, Jay, Jay.
You almost have it, now you JUST NEED SOME CAPS!!
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 06:24:44 AM »
YOU PACK OF CROOKS SHOULD ALL ROT IN JAIL

Jay, Jay, Jay etc

how was that?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 06:33:29 AM »
YOU PACK OF CROOKS SHOULD ALL ROT IN JAIL

Jay, Jay, Jay etc

how was that?

Intersperse with MR WINDLEY and LIAR WINDLEY while calling him Good Sir for ironic effect. Then you have it.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2015, 07:52:29 AM »

Don't you think, you exaggerate a little bit?  ;D
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »
The really funny thing is that we radio engineers actually do sometimes use specially designed rooms that are well shielded from external radio signals. They're called "screen rooms". And that room would not be a very good "screen room", not by a long shot. For one thing, the window is completely uncovered. For another, the seams between the sections of foil are not sealed. For a third, sealing these seams would be difficult because aluminum forms a thin insulating layer of aluminum oxide.

Real screen rooms generally use copper sheets or gauze, with careful attention paid to the edges and especially to any feedthroughs (power, communications, etc). The edges of doorways have copper 'finger stock' pressing against the (conducting) doors to ensure a good electrical seal when closed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:21:39 AM by ka9q »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:02 AM »
The really funny thing is that we radio engineers actually do sometimes use specially designed rooms that are well shielded from external radio signals. They're called "screen rooms".

The electronics laboratory in the department where I studied for my doctorate was screened. The technicians that ran the jobs for the research staff/students worked in the room, it was essentially a Faraday cage.

I'm sure you could seal those aluminium strips with a glue stick.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:28:08 AM by Luke Pemberton »

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2015, 08:59:03 AM »
Screen rooms require a lot of maintenance to maintain their isolation. Many years ago I wanted to demonstrate an audio problem that appeared with our mobile phones only when they transmitted at high power. Our phones have closed-loop power control, and since we had a test cell site on the roof of our building that produced a strong signal inside, a phone would normally transmit at very low power. I needed to introduce over 100 dB of attenuation between the phone and the cell antenna, so I naturally went into a nearby screen room and closed and latched the door.

To my surprise the phone kept working. And it still wasn't transmitting enough power to make the problem appear. Only when I put it inside a metal cabinet in the screen room did the attenuation finally increase enough to make the call drop.

Although it had once been NSA-certified, the screen room hadn't actually been used as one for many years. It was being used as just another lab. Cables were taped over the finger stock in the doorway, and enough shoes had stepped on them so it didn't make a very good seal when I removed the cables and closed the door. (Needless to say, it hadn't been closed in some time).

As an aside, this experience makes me very skeptical of any shielding devices that might be used to enclose electronic devices to thwart surveillance. If you're Edward Snowden, it's best to just leave them behind. (Try removing the battery from an iPhone...)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:02:49 AM by ka9q »

Offline scooter

• Venus
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »

Don't you think, you exaggerate a little bit?  ;D

..my wife called upstairs to ask what I was laughing about...  ;D
..y'all are killin' me!

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
I have found an interesting phenomenon regarding cell phones. My apartment building and couple neighbouring ones have common parking garage. 1st parking level is half underground, 2nd level is next to and half level below 1st and 3rd again half level lower and under 1st level.

When I drive to my own parking square on 3rd level I usually have decent cell reception. As soon as I get out of my car calls usually drop and my phone shows no reception. I thought getting out of a car shaped Faraday cage would give me better reception not worse  :o

Lurky

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
I have found an interesting phenomenon regarding cell phones. My apartment building and couple neighbouring ones have common parking garage. 1st parking level is half underground, 2nd level is next to and half level below 1st and 3rd again half level lower and under 1st level.

When I drive to my own parking square on 3rd level I usually have decent cell reception. As soon as I get out of my car calls usually drop and my phone shows no reception. I thought getting out of a car shaped Faraday cage would give me better reception not worse  :o

Lurky

Some cars have external aerials. For example, some Fords have heated windscreens that really do turn the car into an effective Faraday cage (virtually invisible wires are embedded i the windscreen). These cars "pipe" to signals into the car to get round this problem.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov