Author Topic: Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...  (Read 29207 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:18:32 AM »
Blink-182 frontman has made waves in the conspiracy world with this interview covering UFOs and the like:

http://www.papermag.com/2015/02/tom_delonge_ufo_interview.php

Do you think the moon landing is real or do you think NASA faked it?

I think it's real, absolutely. People have to understand: you know that the Department of Defense is bigger than Apple, right? So when Apple releases an iPhone, Apple will plan it out and spend billions of dollars and get thousands of people to figure how to tell that story, how to manage that story and how to get their point across. There's nothing different in the Department of Defense when it does something big. So when we landed on the moon, they're gonna go and give you something to chew on. They're gonna go out and find a conspiracy. They're gonna plan out the conspiracy. They made everybody think that we never went there. That way, when you ask questions, you're asking questions they want you to ask. They didn't want the conspiracy to be the real fucking question, which is, "What was there when we got there?" They place the conspiracy, just like 9/11. The main thing is that terrorists did it, the backup story conspiracy they fed you was, "No, it was an inside job." What's the third story? Another nation state? An extra nation-state? You know? Who did that?

So there you are, they landed, but want to convince you they faked it - definitely a new spin on things!

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 04:28:55 AM »
I think it's real, absolutely. People have to understand: you know that the Department of Defense is bigger than Apple, right? So when Apple releases an iPhone, Apple will plan it out and spend billions of dollars and get thousands of people to figure how to tell that story, how to manage that story and how to get their point across. There's nothing different in the Department of Defense when it does something big. So when we landed on the moon, they're gonna go and give you something to chew on. They're gonna go out and find a conspiracy. They're gonna plan out the conspiracy. They made everybody think that we never went there. That way, when you ask questions, you're asking questions they want you to ask. They didn't want the conspiracy to be the real fucking question, which is, "What was there when we got there?" They place the conspiracy, just like 9/11. The main thing is that terrorists did it, the backup story conspiracy they fed you was, "No, it was an inside job." What's the third story? Another nation state? An extra nation-state? You know? Who did that?

So there you are, they landed, but want to convince you they faked it - definitely a new spin on things!

Time to invoke Mitchell and Webb again. What thought processes do these people go through? My understanding of this is that NASA landed on the moon and then created an illusion so people didn't ask what the moon is really like. So we're no longer the shills, the CTs are the shills?

Why do I still get a monthly cheque from NASA then? I no longer understand. Am I living inside the matrix? My head hurts. Can I go to bed now?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 05:23:41 AM »

Do you think the moon landing is real or do you think NASA faked it?

This is what happens when you let children have unrestricted access to the Internet. <bangs head on desk>
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »

Time to invoke Mitchell and Webb again. What thought processes do these people go through? My understanding of this is that NASA landed on the moon and then created an illusion so people didn't ask what the moon is really like. So we're no longer the shills, the CTs are the shills?

Why do I still get a monthly cheque from NASA then? I no longer understand. Am I living inside the matrix? My head hurts. Can I go to bed now?
And now you are toast. Your post will forevermore be quoted as proof that you are indeed a NASA shill.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
And now you are toast. Your post will forevermore be quoted as proof that you are indeed a NASA shill.

I get Nectar points and $0.05 a post. Each year NASA send me a Christmas card with a £5 Marks and Spencer voucher. I'm quite open about what NASA pays me.  ::)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »

I get Nectar points and $0.05 a post. Each year NASA send me a Christmas card with a £5 Marks and Spencer voucher. I'm quite open about what NASA pays me.  ::)
Is that all? You must be a lower grade minion. I get a Ferrari per year.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »

I have a feeling of deja vu with this joke. I do believe that CTs have no sense of humour though, and they really can't deal with the self depreciation and general jokes we make out of their accusations. When I spent time chopping down bamboo in the wilds of YT a long time ago, ka9q made a similar observation. No matter how vile they became we usually poked fun back - but then it all got a bit out of hand.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
... and they really can't deal with the self depreciation and general jokes we make out of their accusations.

Yeah, I noticed that Romulus even mentioned something about the "Lying BABB Maggots".  That is a joke from back in the old days of the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board.  As I recall, it stated when an HB called us 'lying maggots' and it just caught on.  I believe somebody even creating a Lying BABB Maggot logo.  It was all just in fun, yet here we are a decade latter and Romulus brings it up as if it's some sort of evidence that we're NASA shills.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:47 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that Romulus even mentioned something about the "Lying BABB Maggots".  That is a joke from back in the old days of the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board.  As I recall, it stated when an HB called us 'lying maggots' and it just caught on.  I believe somebody even creating a Lying BABB Maggot logo.  It was all just in fun, yet here we are a decade latter and Romulus brings it up as if it's some sort of evidence that we're NASA shills.

I see the usuals had a thread dedicated to the name of band. Sadly the album cover is a broken link now.

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?16899-Jay-Utah-and-the-Lying-BABB-Maggots

...and you even had a poll for the type of music that the band should play.

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?16901-What-type-of-sound-are-the-Maggots-looking-for

There's even a reference to IDW in the poll comments.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »
I see the usuals had a thread dedicated to the name of band. Sadly the album cover is a broken link now.

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?16899-Jay-Utah-and-the-Lying-BABB-Maggots

...and you even had a poll for the type of music that the band should play.

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?16901-What-type-of-sound-are-the-Maggots-looking-for

There's even a reference to IDW in the poll comments.

Thanks for reminding me.  I remember the name Lying BABB Maggots, but I forgot that it was supposed to be the name of a band.  When I mentioned a logo, I was actually remembering the album cover.  I see the vote was for Rock music; hopefully something mainstream.  "Searing Radiation Hell" is the name of our heavy metal band.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 10:07:06 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that Romulus even mentioned something about the "Lying BABB Maggots". 

Wasn't that going to be a band name?  Something like Phil and his Lying BABBling Maggots?  Or was Jay the front man?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »
It was going to be Jay.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 01:53:15 AM »

I get a new Gulfstream every year.  That way,  I don't have have an annual inspection done.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 04:57:21 AM »
Nor do you have to empty the ashtrays.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 07:37:01 AM »
"Searing Radiation Hell" is the name of our heavy metal band.

This has made me smile over the last few weeks. Providing I'm not nominated to be the drummer, I'm OK with that.  :-X Maybe nomuse can make an 18" model of the LM (Instead of 18') that is lowered on to the stage. ka9q can make the amps that go up to 11, Dwight can record us on our first tour, and our first album can be called Black Mylar Glove.