Author Topic: IE 11  (Read 5803 times)

Offline frenat

• Mars
IE 11
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »
I tried out IE 11 last night.  Got a notice through windows update that it was available.  Ever since then when using the browser it would freeze every 10 to 15 seconds for a few seconds at a time.  If I was typing in a forum anything I was typing would not show up when the freeze was over.  Scrolling a window would stop.  Looked online for possible solutions and nothing there helped.  What fixed it was uninstalling IE 11 and going back to 10.  Microsoft techs wanted to claim browser add ons were the problem but there are no issues in the previous version and nothing but problems in 11.  Just putting this out there if anyone else is interested in upgrading.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: IE 11
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
I don't use IE at all for browsing, but feel compelled to upgrade out of security concerns.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll just wait a bit longer to let the "non-beta" version come out.  Are you using it on Win Vista, 7 or 8?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:46:48 PM »
I'm using Windows 7.  I use IE mainly out of habit.  I should probably switch to a different browser but habit and laziness have kept me from doing so.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:34:38 AM »
Microsoft techs wanted to claim browser add ons were the problem but there are no issues in the previous version and nothing but problems in 11.

It's perfectly possible that a browser add on is incompatible with IE 11

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:03 AM »
Microsoft techs wanted to claim browser add ons were the problem but there are no issues in the previous version and nothing but problems in 11.

It's perfectly possible that a browser add on is incompatible with IE 11
It is but I disabled all of them and still had a problem.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
I'm using Windows 7.  I use IE mainly out of habit.  I should probably switch to a different browser but habit and laziness have kept me from doing so.

I'm using IE 10, but only because I couldn't seem to get Firefox and W-8 to play well together.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Mr Gorsky

• Venus
  • Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    • That Fatal Kiss Music
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »

I'm using IE 10, but only because I couldn't seem to get Firefox and W-8 to play well together.

I have had no problems with Firefox and Win8, nor with IE11 on Win8 or Win7. I don't use add-ons ... come to that I don't use IE very much, but when I do 11 works just as well for me as 10 ever did.
The Optimist: The glass is half full
The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be