Author Topic: Mythbusters  (Read 24787 times)

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
Mythbusters
« on: January 02, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »
I have finally managed to catch up with the Mythbusters episode looking at the Apollo Hoax claims... this should be good...
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Re: Mythbusters
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
I really enjoyed that one, although it does mean Jason now wants his own scale Moon landscape like they had.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline ipearse

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »
Me too, me too! And the Neil Armstrong figure..
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »
I really enjoyed that one, although it does mean Jason now wants his own scale Moon landscape like they had.

Ooo... me too! If I ever buy a home with an unfinished basement I'm turning it into my very own Moon studio. ;)
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
Oh, please don't encourage him!  Anyway, it will have to wait until after I have a permanent setup space for my train set.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »
Oh, please don't encourage him!  Anyway, it will have to wait until after I have a permanent setup space for my train set.

Combine them and have a trainset on the moon. Everyone's a winner.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »
No, it's OK. I've already told you that when we have a house with a big garden I'm building a life size Lunar Module in it in place of a shed...  :P
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:33:47 PM »
No, it's Ok, I've already told you that when we have a house with a big garden I'm building a life size Lunar Module in it in place of a shed... :p

Oh God...

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
My dream as a kid was to build a model CM in my back yard.  My father declined to buy the materials, thus ending the potential career path for me as a model maker.   :'(
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline ipearse

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
I want a life-sized TARDIS as my garden shed.... think of the amount of stuff you'd get in there!  ;D Actually, I want my railway in the gaden - OO outdoors, can't beat it!

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 04:24:42 PM »
No, it's OK. I've already told you that when we have a house with a big garden I'm building a life size Lunar Module in it in place of a shed...  :P

*Imagines Jason trying to drag his riding mower up the ladder*

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »
Reminds me of how much the HBs have tried to trash Mythbusters since that special came out.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Mythbusters
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 06:17:26 PM »

I'm lucky. Not only do I get to teach people to fly, I get to play with one of the largest, if not the largest, 1:1 scale train sets in the world.

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 07:06:04 PM »
Reminds me of how much the HBs have tried to trash Mythbusters since that special came out.
And all they ever can think of is some sort of ad hom attack.
They never actually bother to even try to debunk the debunking.
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 02:43:52 AM »
Unfortunately (for me) I have not seen this. Only terrestrial TV so we only get a few old episodes repeated ad nauseam (Quest TV in the UK). I would rather watch them on the TV than on line (if they are available on line, not looked). Give it time, they will pop up, sods law I missed them when I was working though.

To be fair, I have not watched them religiously. It starts off with a good run and then they start to repeat so you ignore and forget and then one evening clock an unseen episode and realise you have missed a few, start watching again, then they repeat, you turn off and miss when they start a new one.............