Author Topic: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?  (Read 420805 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »
The Russians brought back some soil samples, yes, but only 326 grams. It was an astounding feat at the time on many levels, but Apollo brought back 382 kilograms, over a thousand times more.
Even if NASA was launching thousands of robotic probes, (remember it took three successful robotic probes to get as much as the USSR did and there was several failures, most famous being Luna 15.) just who was building these probes?

Stop insisting that meteorites could pass.
Besides all the wonderful reasons already mentioned, we can tell just how long a rock left the moon using cosmic ray exposure ages.

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »
Alex, are you going to answer Sts60 and JayUtah's questions about your qualifications?
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »
So FORGET your moon rock theory.  It's forever solidly debunked.  It does not prove anyone, even Buzz Armstrong, ever set foot on the moon.
Buzz Armstrong? No such astronaut. You can't even get the basic information about Apollo 11 right. Sad.
Obviously I meant to say Buzz Lightyear.

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
Troll.
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
"Does the fact that your parents lied to you about Santa Claus when you were a kid mean that you can't believe anything they told you?"

My parents also lied to me about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, and where babies come from.  I never believed them after that.

What a sad, pathetic thing to say.  If this really is the way you live in the world, I actually pity you.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
"Does the fact that your parents lied to you about Santa Claus when you were a kid mean that you can't believe anything they told you?"

My parents also lied to me about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, and where babies come from.  I never believed them after that.

What a sad, pathetic thing to say.  If this really is the way you live in the world, I actually pity you.

Let me guess... you believe in the tooth fairy, don't you?  You are very gullible and very naive.  I pity you.  You are a sheep.  Yet, I must protect you from the New World Order.  I must force you sheeple to wake up.  It's for your own good.  Evil awaits you unless you follow me.

Offline cos

• Venus
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
And the mask of a reasoned engineer slips, to reveal a frothing HB loon. No surprise there.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »
Troll.
Oh yeah... well, I'm rubber and you're glue...

Look people, NASA goes to the president and says, if we try to go to the moon, the chances of success are 50/50.  If we fake it, the chances of success are 100% and nobody will ever suspect us.  What do you want to do Mr. President?

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2013, 10:07:08 PM »
I just love it when the lunar meteorites are brought up as some sort of "proof" of obtaining Moon Rocks.

I guess the fact that NO meteorite was actually known to have come from the moon until 1979, not to mention, lunar meteorites are EXTREMELY rare. Seven years after the Apollo missions ended. No where near 842 pounds of any lunar meteorites have ever been found.

Sorry, I just usually lurk here, and I'm usually "Ninja'd" but I had to say something about the total wrongness.

Phil

Forgot to add the list of known lunar meterites:

http://www.meteoris.de/luna/list.html
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
Look people, NASA goes to the president and says, if we try to go to the moon, the chances of success are 50/50.  If we fake it, the chances of success are 100% and nobody will ever suspect us.  What do you want to do Mr. President?
Evidence that NASA said anything of the kind?
Bruce Springsteen

Offline cos

• Venus
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2013, 10:16:11 PM »
I'd ask you to tell me how to shoot a continuous 6 hour EVA in a vacuum, 1/6th earth gravity with 360 degree pans.
Tell me how to return 800 lbs of moonrock to the earth and fool every geologist that ever lived.
Tell me how to stop the Russians or anyone listening in and not finding the transmissions from where they are supposed to be.
Tell me how to ensure every photo we take or live broadcast shows the exact weather patterns on the earth at the time.
And tell me how to ensure that 40 years later, when other nations map the moon, their findings will exactly match the photographic Apollo record.

....for starters.

Then I'd fire you for being stupid.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2013, 10:20:35 PM »
Let me guess... you believe in the tooth fairy, don't you?  You are very gullible and very naive.  I pity you.  You are a sheep.  Yet, I must protect you from the New World Order.  I must force you sheeple to wake up.  It's for your own good.  Evil awaits you unless you follow me.
To quote the actual Buzz Lightyear, "You are a sad, strange, little man, and you have my pity."
Let's put it more neatly so you have less chance of misunderstanding.
So, your parants lied to you, telling you a guy who watches the world's kids 24/7 and conducts yearly home invasions, actually existed. After, if they said something to you after like "Well, nice, sunny day isn't it?" would you insist, despite all evidence to the contrary, "No, it's raining, it's raining!"
That's not a sign of intelligence, that's simply been contrarian.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:25:05 PM by raven »

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »

More insults. I've added you to the moderation list. I'll have to approve your posts before they appear in the forum, which as Heiwa can attest, sometimes takes a while. If you want to speed up the process you'll have to behave.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:24 PM »
The government lies all the time.  NASA is the government.  Why do people believe them?
Brushes don't get broader than this.  If this is your best shot, then you have failed even to make sense. 

Lets try this reversal.  Hoax believers lie all the time. Alex is a hoax believer.  Why would anyone believe him?  Does that argument sound solid to you?

Once again stop your bluster and tell us your version of the Apollo record.  Account for all the missions.  How they were built and how the designers and operators were fooled.   How the tracking network was fooled.  How the Soviet Union was fooled?  How this has all been kept a tight secret for decades except that you have just now come forward to proclaim it?  It is up to you to make the case and we are waiting for you to show that you are not just another boring run of the mill moon hoax monger.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Let me ask you something, Alex. Where were Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins on July 20th, 1969?

I know where they weren't.

No, you just believe you know where they weren't. Without something more definite, like proof that they were at some other location, you have not successfully disputed NASA's claim that they were at the Moon.

NASA has shown us footage of the astronauts in zero-G with the distant Earth outside their window. The weather patterns on the Earth match the forecasts for that day, proving that it was filmed when they claimed. Provide a better explanation than NASA and maybe I'll believe you.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)