Author Topic: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?  (Read 420486 times)

Offline ProfessorAlfB

• Mercury
Re: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?
« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
In fact there is actual photographic evidence that it went ahead...At least one of the official Apollo mission photos where a US Astronaut was supposed to be in Space, was clearly taken in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft!
In the likelyhood that it has now been deleted by NASA, for obvious reasons, the photo can still be found in the book: "Apollo, Dark Moon And The Whistle Blowers".
And before you ask, no, I am not the author or connected financially with the publication in any way.  I have read the latter book though and seen the photo for myself.  The book was freely available to borrow from my local public library.
To save us all a trip to your local library, perhaps you could scan the photo in question and post it here.

Now thats an oxymoron if I've ever heard one...I don't have the book here because it is in my local library, and therefore I would still have to make a trip to my local library to get the book!
There are also copyright laws to consider.

Offline ProfessorAlfB

• Mercury
« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »
What page is it on? I have a substantial access to this work.
Also, have you heard of the Apollo Soyuz Test Project?

I don't remember as I borrowed the book several years ago, but if you have "substantial access to this work" then it shoudn't take you long to find it.  ;)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #827 on: February 06, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »
What makes you think there even was a race to the Moon with Russia?

All the public evidence.

There is documented evidence to the contrary...On November 12th 1963 President Kennedy issued a Top Secret National Security Action Memorandum No. 271...

No, this document is part of the discredited, inauthentic Majestic documents.  It is simply a typewritten document purporting to be from President Kennedy, but it does not bear his signature nor appear on White House stationery used for such purposes.  It is widely quoted by UFO fanatics seeking to show that the government had knowledge of the extraterrestrial nature of UFOs, and by JFK assassination conspiracy theorists attempting to provide a reason why Kennedy needed to be silenced.

There was a degree of cooperation proposed at the high level between the United States and the Soviet Union, but it was not (yet) for cooperation in space operations.  The question of sovereignty and applicable international law had not yet been settled for the purposes of space exploration.  The U.S. and the USSR, being at the time the only spacefaring nations, met and agreed that certain conventions would hold, such as respecting each nation's spacecraft as sovereign property and agreeing to repatriate any crew or equipment that found its way unexpectedly onto the other's soil.

In fact there is actual photographic evidence that it went ahead...At least one of the official Apollo mission photos where a US Astronaut was supposed to be in Space, was clearly taken in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft!

Yes, American astronauts were legitimately aboard Soviet Soyuz spacecraft and were copiously photographed there.  The existence of such a photograph does not immediately substantiate your claim.

In the likelyhood that it has now been deleted by NASA, for obvious reasons, the photo can still be found in the book: "Apollo, Dark Moon And The Whistle Blowers".

That's a 500-page book.  Care to be more specific?

And before you ask, no, I am not the author or connected financially with the publication in any way.

I know you're not the author because the author is terrified to speak to me about his work.  He refused two third-party invitations to debate his findings with me on mainstream television.  He declined both.  He has been avoiding me now for about ten years.  His blatant intellectual dishonesty should give you a clue about how reliable his evidence is.

I have read the latter book though and seen the photo for myself.  The book was freely available to borrow from my local public library.

Yes, most of us own the book.  No need to amp up the alleged secrecy.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
What page is it on? I have a substantial access to this work.
Also, have you heard of the Apollo Soyuz Test Project?

I don't remember as I borrowed the book several years ago, but if you have "substantial access to this work" then it shoudn't take you long to find it.  ;)
You made the claim, you find it in Google Books's scan.
Not that it means much considering the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project happened.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »

No.  It's a 500-page disorganized mess, and I'm not about to spend the entire morning looking for what I think you might be talking about.  When you're ready to present evidence rather than just allude to it vaguely, then come back.

Offline ProfessorAlfB

• Mercury
« Reply #830 on: February 06, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »

All the public evidence.

There is documented evidence to the contrary...On November 12th 1963 President Kennedy issued a Top Secret National Security Action Memorandum No. 271...

No, this document is part of the discredited, inauthentic Majestic documents.  It is simply a typewritten document purporting to be from President Kennedy, but it does not bear his signature nor appear on White House stationery used for such purposes.  It is widely quoted by UFO fanatics seeking to show that the government had knowledge of the extraterrestrial nature of UFOs, and by JFK assassination conspiracy theorists attempting to provide a reason why Kennedy needed to be silenced.

There was a degree of cooperation proposed at the high level between the United States and the Soviet Union, but it was not (yet) for cooperation in space operations.  The question of sovereignty and applicable international law had not yet been settled for the purposes of space exploration.  The U.S. and the USSR, being at the time the only spacefaring nations, met and agreed that certain conventions would hold, such as respecting each nation's spacecraft as sovereign property and agreeing to repatriate any crew or equipment that found its way unexpectedly onto the other's soil.

Yes, American astronauts were legitimately aboard Soviet Soyuz spacecraft and were copiously photographed there.  The existence of such a photograph does not immediately substantiate your claim.

And before you ask, no, I am not the author or connected financially with the publication in any way.

I know you're not the author because the author is terrified to speak to me about his work.  He refused two third-party invitations to debate his findings with me on mainstream television.  He declined both.  He has been avoiding me now for about ten years.  His blatant intellectual dishonesty should give you a clue about how reliable his evidence is.

I have read the latter book though and seen the photo for myself.  The book was freely available to borrow from my local public library.

...At least one of the official Apollo mission photos where a US Astronaut was supposed to be in Space, was clearly taken in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft!

In fact, there are several such photos.  After the moon missions, the US and USSR finally started to work together in space.  They flew a joint mission in 1975 in which an Apollo and a Soyuz spacecraft joined up in space.  Astronauts/cosmonauts transferred from one spacecraft to the other.  Look up Apollo-Soyuz Test Project.

I know that but the photo was apparently taken on an earlier Apollo mission.  At least that is what what is stated in the book in question.   

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #831 on: February 06, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »
I would still have to make a trip to my local library to get the book!

Any reason why you think you shouldn't have to do that?  It's your claim, therefore your obligation to provide the evidence you say supports it.  If you're unwilling, then that's the end of your claim.

No.  If it's a legitimate NASA photo then it's in the public domain.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #832 on: February 06, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »
Now thats an oxymoron if I've ever heard one...I don't have the book here because it is in my local library, and therefore I would still have to make a trip to my local library to get the book!
On the other hand, you were the one who brought up the book as evidence, you should make the effort.  Copyright law allows limited "fair use" copying,which should cover this.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #833 on: February 06, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »
I know that but the photo was apparently taken on an earlier Apollo mission.  At least that is what what is stated in the book in question.

David Percy has been caught many times blatantly lying about the Apollo record.  Therefore his statements cannot be trusted.  If you'd be so kind as to provide an exact reference, your exact claim can be investigated.  Until then, so long as you make only vague references and recollections, you get only vague rebuttals.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #834 on: February 06, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »
So we have to take the word of an unseen book?  Unless you can show the photo in question was published before Apollo-Soyuz, you have no case.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #835 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
Do you have anything other than your memories of a picture in a book you borrowed several years ago to offer to the discussion? If we go through it and tell you we find no such picture, or a picture that is clearly from Apollo-Soyuz and is labelled as such, or a picture from Apollo-Soyuz that is mislabelled, are you going to accept our word or insist that your memory is accurate?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #836 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
David Percy has been caught many times blatantly lying about the Apollo record.  Therefore his statements cannot be trusted.  If you'd be so kind as to provide an exact reference, your exact claim can be investigated.  Until then, so long as you make only vague references and recollections, you get only vague rebuttals.
Oh, gods, yes.
ProfessorAlfB, David Percy is a liar. There is no way around this. I hate to say this about any human being, but look at this.
He claims the the centre cross hair is off-centre, but compare to this scan. Not only did he extend the top, but, despite claiming to be showing the 'full area', he deliberately cuts off at the bottom as well!
Another example. This video is about one of Bart Sibrel's videos, but the debunking equally applies to the transparency claim Percy makes.

This is video he would have had access too; this is video he would have known about if, as Percy claims, he made a thorough investigation of Apollo material or even a cursory one.

Offline ProfessorAlfB

• Mercury
« Reply #837 on: February 06, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »

All the public evidence.

What public evidence?  If it was so public it shouldn't be hard to find some to back that statement up.

No, this document is part of the discredited, inauthentic Majestic documents.

Do have any evidence to show it has been discredited?

It is simply a typewritten document purporting to be from President Kennedy, but it does not bear his signature

Wrong, it does bear his signature!...See the second page of the memorandum here:

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/qVncp893wEmJFplIn1AlHA.aspx

There was a degree of cooperation proposed at the high level between the United States and the Soviet Union, but it was not (yet) for cooperation in space operations.

But there may have been a degree of cooperation between the US and Soviets on space exploration soon after the date of the momorandum.  This would have given the Soviets ample motive to try and hide the fact that the US may have been perpetrating a hoax...It cannot be ruled out.

The question of sovereignty and applicable international law had not yet been settled for the purposes of space exploration.

Yes it had, space has always been governed by the same rules as "international waters".

The U.S. and the USSR, being at the time the only spacefaring nations, met and agreed that certain conventions would hold, such as respecting each nation's spacecraft as sovereign property and agreeing to repatriate any crew or equipment that found its way unexpectedly onto the other's soil.

That had always been the case.

Yes, and this disproves your earlier claim that there was no US Soviet cooperation on space exploration during the time of the Apollo missions!

I don't have the book here so no, I can't.

What evidence have to to prove "His blatant intellectual dishonesty"?  Perhaps he just doesn't want to talk to you because you may have insulted him at some point during or after your invitations?

[quotye]Yes, most of us own the book.  No need to amp up the alleged secrecy.
...At least one of the official Apollo mission photos where a US Astronaut was supposed to be in Space, was clearly taken in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft!

In fact, there are several such photos.  After the moon missions, the US and USSR finally started to work together in space.  They flew a joint mission in 1975 in which an Apollo and a Soyuz spacecraft joined up in space.  Astronauts/cosmonauts transferred from one spacecraft to the other.  Look up Apollo-Soyuz Test Project.

Yes, I know, but doesn't the author of the book in question claim the photo was taken on a earlier Apollo mission?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:48:31 AM by ProfessorAlfB »

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #838 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »
Yes, I know, but doesn't the author of the book in question claim the photo was taken on a earlier Apollo mission?
You tell us. The book is available for your perusal on Google Books.

Offline ProfessorAlfB

• Mercury
« Reply #839 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »

All the public evidence.

What public evidence?  If it was so public it shouldn't be hard to find some to back that statement up.

No, this document is part of the discredited, inauthentic Majestic documents.

Do have any evidence to show it has been discredited?

It is simply a typewritten document purporting to be from President Kennedy, but it does not bear his signature

Wrong, it does bear his signature!...See the second page of the memorandum here:

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/qVncp893wEmJFplIn1AlHA.aspx

There was a degree of cooperation proposed at the high level between the United States and the Soviet Union, but it was not (yet) for cooperation in space operations.

But there may have been a degree of cooperation between the US and Soviets on space exploration soon after the date of the momorandum.  This would have given the Soviets ample motive to try and hide the fact that the US may have been perpetrating a hoax...It cannot be ruled out.

The question of sovereignty and applicable international law had not yet been settled for the purposes of space exploration.

Yes it had, space has always been governed by the same rules as "international waters".  No one nation can claim space as it own...Or it would have belonged to the Russians!

The U.S. and the USSR, being at the time the only spacefaring nations, met and agreed that certain conventions would hold, such as respecting each nation's spacecraft as sovereign property and agreeing to repatriate any crew or equipment that found its way unexpectedly onto the other's soil.

That had always been the case.

Yes, and this disproves your earlier claim that there was no US Soviet cooperation on space exploration during the time of the Apollo missions!

I don't have the book here so no, I can't.

What evidence have to to prove "His blatant intellectual dishonesty"?  Perhaps he just doesn't want to talk to you because you may have insulted him at some point during or after your invitations?