Author Topic: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?  (Read 420580 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?
« Reply #900 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:37 PM »
Actually, according to Jarrah White the the Apollo footage has been slowed by 33%, NOT by 50%...He makes a compelling case:

White doesn't know what he's talking about, and is a proven liar.

Simply dismissing him as a liar isn't helping your case...Unless you know what the "opposition" is saying you are not empowered to comment on what they are saying...Watch his vids with an open mind and you should be able to easily pick out the truth from the lies.
Hold on a second. He is not merely being dismissed as a liar, he has proven himself to be an actual liar. There's a difference.

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #901 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Quote from: Mag40
ATS....ProfessorAlfB: "No, the Apollo footage is already slowed down...You need to speed it up to about twice the speed to see how it would have actually looked. We also know that the Astronauts were suspended from overhead cables to simulate being 1/6th as heavy as on Earth, and there is certainly firm video evidence for this.
Therefore you can easily fake 1/6th gravity, right here on Earth!"

Do you care to defend this? Surely you aren't relying on David Percy again......he is a bit of a liar to say the least!

"Here is 100% proof that Hoax film makers manipulate the footage to give a false impression. A small cherry picked jump from a corrupt businessman trying to make his film sell."

ATS....ProfessorAlfB:
Actually, according to Jarrah White the the Apollo footage has been slowed by 33%, NOT by 50%...He makes a compelling case:

What is it with HBs.....you completely sidestepped my post....in favour of some duff argument by the infamous Jarrah White! Now be a good fellow and respond properly.....as your case is untenable.

Jarrah White postulates that the speed is 66% of Earth....whilst isolating a 3 second clip to reinforce his claim....and you just contradicted your previous claim when it is shown to be rubbish.

Okay, let's try another piece of film. I came across this one....and it is something that single handedly buries your whole argument. Get ready to sidestep another post.

Here is a 10 minute segment from Apollo 15....where they dig a small trench in the lunar regolith -

Here is the same segment adjusted by 2.45 times to show the regolith falling with 9.8m s²
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:14:31 PM by Mag40 »

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #902 on: February 06, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »
I haven't said I believe him, but unless you know what his videos show, you cannot have an informed comment and you cannot argue against their content...It can pay to keep an open mind.

Cut the crap. If you want to make points about Jarrah's videos make them here. I will not sit through his junk unless I have a specific point to be looking at that you want to discuss.

And what makes you think we don't already know what his videos say? Just because we haven't followed your links doesn't mean we haven't seen them before. You're not exactly original in your suggestion we take note of him.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:15:55 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #903 on: February 06, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
... watch this series of 9 videos and then see if the term "using a wire" makes more sense  ;):

Nope...just more ignorant Jarrah "speak"....not worth watching.

If this "Jarrah crap" is the only evidence you have to present, then you should quit right now. No one here gives a damn what he has to say, and I certainly won't waste my time watching any more of his videos.

He's quite simply an ignorant kid with too much time and money on his hands. He could actually "do" something with that...something worthwhile, but for whatever reason, he has chosen to be an ignorant hoax believer.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #904 on: February 06, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »

Do you ever intend to speak for yourself?  Or is your plan to repeat something provocative then back away from it?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #905 on: February 06, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
... unless you know what his videos show...

Unless it is substantually different than his previous "works", he deserves to be ignored.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #906 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »
At the risk of bugging you even more, watch this series of 9 videos...

No.  If we wanted to watch YouTube videos we'd be at YouTube.  Explain in your own words.  We don't care about your expressions of belief in other people.

I haven't said I believe him, but unless you know what his videos show, you cannot have an informed comment and you cannot argue against their content...It can pay to keep an open mind.
Don't you think we would find it just a little tiresome to watch that dreck all over again just to satisfy your ego? I have seen them. They are utter crap. I would not wish to inflict them on an amoeba. I do not want to watch that crap again no matter how big your ego is. Is that plain enough?

Do you really think JW videos are new to us?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #907 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »

Simply dismissing him as a liar isn't helping your case...Unless you know what the "opposition" is saying you are not empowered to comment on what they are saying...Watch his vids with an open mind and you should be able to easily pick out the truth from the lies.

Haven't gotten to Composition 101 yet, I take it?

There is nothing wrong with summarizing an argument.  In fact, it is necessary.  The statements make about Jarrah may not have been presented each and every time with complete background detail and supporting arguments, but they are made within a framework where that detail and those arguments is being presented, over and over again.

The rest of your post is nonsense.  How exactly are you going to sort the truth from a known liar simply by viewing his output?  Because you have the psychic power to know when someone is lying?

Or perhaps you find that some parts of what he says must be true because they are independently verified?  Then why not use that other, more trustworthy source in the first place?  What's the point of Jarah?

The best you can say is that parts of his argument aren't obvious lies -- at least to you. 

Offline ProfessorAlfB

• Mercury
« Reply #908 on: February 06, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »

So you admit that he lies? How do determine when he is telling the truth?

No, I'm not admitting he lies.  You have already stated that that you think he a liar, so as you seem to know how to tell the difference between lies and truth, it should be easy for you to seperate one from the other when watching his videos.
Surely your not afraid to watch them in case you realise he might be actually be talking more truth than you can handle?

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #909 on: February 06, 2013, 06:18:30 PM »
....and enough of you being "open minded" garbage. You've shown us all your bias, so that "argument" is summarily rejected.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #910 on: February 06, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »
That's basically because most HB's know that the ordinary reader has not actually studied the Apollo record.

That's certainly true of Percy, who takes blatant liberties with the record.  And also of Bart Sibrel, but we aren't talking about him at this point.  This is how they take a doctored frame here and there, or a 2-second clip from a 30-minute continuous telecast, and try to convince you that's all anyone ever saw of Apollo visual information.  I can remember watching live Apollo video practically nonstop.  And contrary to Percy's claims, the uncut video has been available ever since the missions were flown.

Percy claimed to have a fairly encyclopedic knowledge of the Apollo record and claimed to have studied the original material in the form of contact transparencies and high-quality professional film or video dupes.  In his video he makes a big show of having one of his guests unroll a contact dupe master.  And in another scene he holds a large U-Matic cassette, implying that it's a high-quality Apollo video dupe.  But then as we studied his work for a couple of years, we realized that he had merely downloaded much of it from early NASA web sites or other convenience sources.  He was using badly digitized copies of photographs and trying to attribute errors in the duplication to original NASA errors.  And we discovered him making false assumptions that would not have arisen had he actually seen the original or early-generation source material.  The most egregious of this was the alleged off-center center fiducial in the -5903 image, which Percy had downloaded in cropped from from some web site.

There were the obvious errors of attribution too.  We already discussed the "original" Apollo 12 landing footage that Percy insisted had come from NASA.  He tap danced for a number of months over that.  But in the end he could not explain why the Apollo 12 landing footage that actually came from NASA bore no resemblance to what he depicted.  Finally he had to admit he'd cribbed it from a documentary, and that he knew all along that had been the source of it.  He tried to rehabilitate his authority by saying he had no reason to suspect his third-party source had misled him, but it pretty much put a huge nail in his coffin as a serious Apollo "researcher."  If you can't be bothered to authenticate your material, and the authentic material has been staring everyone in the face for decades, you really can't pass yourself off as a serious scholar.

No, hoax believers are looking for the most uninformed person in the room, hoping to sway their opinion.

Indeed, by presenting them with the illusion of knowledge in connection with the neurological payoff of being let in on a secret.  Hoax believers generally just express blind faith in hoax authors (e.g., "Nobody gets everything right, I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt") and expect that their critics or converses do likewise.  In their minds they acknowledge that they're just taking a hoax author on faith, and project that their critics are just taking someone else on faith.  They don't immediately realize that their critics have expertise of their own and dispute the hoax claims on a rational basis, not a faith basis.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #911 on: February 06, 2013, 06:20:06 PM »
Surely your not afraid to watch them in case you realise he might be actually be talking more truth than you can handle?

Oh give it up. How many times do you need telling we have SEEN Jarrah's stuff before? I will not go wading through it again just to pull out some trivial point to prove it to you.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #912 on: February 06, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
No, I'm not admitting he lies.

Then you only confirm your bias for everyone to see...still claim to be "open minded"?

You have already stated that that you think he a liar, so as you seem to know how to tell the difference between lies and truth, it should be easy for you to seperate one from the other when watching his videos.

We already have...when Jarrah moves his lips, he is lying. I certainly need no further "torture", ie. watching move of his videos to know what a liar he is.

Yeah....right...we're all "afraid" that Jarrah is right...

It would give me great pleasure to "handle" Jarrah, Buzz style...but I'm afraid I'd have to wait in line. :D

Why is it that HB's assume that everyone else is as ignorant as they are?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:31:30 PM by RAF »

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #913 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »

I don't want to watch them again, because it's tiresome and disingenuous crap. There is already a 100% factual source (with much better presentation) as to what happened in the Apollo program. Can you guess who they might be?
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #914 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »
I guess that answers my question.  Your approach is to ask others to jump through your hoops to discredit soem YouTube videos.  Do you actually have something to say?  Do you have a theory for how the missions were faked?  I'll bet not!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:33:39 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett