Author Topic: Who's Who in the Apollo Hoax World  (Read 11675 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Who's Who in the Apollo Hoax World
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 11:03:16 PM »
WikiSpooks
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Moon_landings_conspiracy_theories

The page gives good listings of the more prominent people for and against the hoax, but unfortunately the names are ordered by title and first name instead of last name.

Page down to the three lists:
1 NASA defenders
2 Major Moon sceptics
3 Other Moon sceptics

I see that page repeats the claims that the Apollo missions are taught as fake in Cuba.  I seem to recall this claim refuted somewhere, the old Bad Astronomy discussion?
[/quote]
Seems like something the Castro regime would do.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
WikiSpooks
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Moon_landings_conspiracy_theories

The page gives good listings of the more prominent people for and against the hoax, but unfortunately the names are ordered by title and first name instead of last name.

Page down to the three lists:
1 NASA defenders
2 Major Moon sceptics
3 Other Moon sceptics

I see that page repeats the claims that the Apollo missions are taught as fake in Cuba.  I seem to recall this claim refuted somewhere, the old Bad Astronomy discussion?
Seems like something the Castro regime would do.
[/quote]

That's the attitude that this claim ties into.  As I recall there is no evidence for this being the case. 

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 08:01:24 AM »

That's the attitude that this claim ties into.  As I recall there is no evidence for this being the case.
The theory has many links, but of course that in itself doesn't prove authenticity.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 08:34:48 PM »

The theory has many links, but of course that in itself doesn't prove authenticity.

Indeed, I would be very sceptical of the claim.  Millions of people went to school in Cuba, it's strange that there has been no first-hand report of this.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »

Indeed, I would be very sceptical of the claim.  Millions of people went to school in Cuba, it's strange that there has been no first-hand report of this.
I was skeptical of that estimate, but roughly 70-80 K Birth-deaths over a population of 7-11 million population for the last 40 years equates to 3-4 million.  And your estimate is very good.
Eugene Cernan