Author Topic: Deconstructing Apollo 20  (Read 33067 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Deconstructing Apollo 20
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:54:31 PM »
Following bewaremouse's nonsense over at infowars, i decided to get my teeth into the alleged Apollo 20 mission videos to see how they were done.

I know there are plenty of websites and youtube videos that have had a go, but I think I'm doing it slightly differently, and (I hope) pretty much putting it in the bin.

Bewaremouse's contention is that it must be real, because the video features an apparently genuine CM and LM and how could anyone go to that sort of trouble to fake it just for a youtube video. The first chunk of what I've done focuses on that, and I think we can safely say that they are genuine CM images, from Apollo 17.

http://onebigmonkey.com/itburns/apollo20.html

Next up, the LM footage and the supposed orbit the mission used (according to the film across the Tsiolkovskiy region, it's Polar!).

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Deconstructing Apollo 20
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
So, let me get this right.....The latest HB guff is to claim that a mission that only happened in a Hollywood set IS real, and the missions that really happened were faked in a Hollywood set?

WTF????? Are these headbangers deliberately contrary???? ::)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »
WTF????? Are these headbangers deliberately contrary???? ::)

That was more-or-less my thought, possibly a different set of words.  ;D
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »
It's a different angle to the hoax argument, one that is quite happy that we went to the moon, just not when we said we did or where we said we did. They get all the benefits of not having to think too hard in challenging the science, and still get to call NASA the evil bad guys!

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:30:46 PM »
I though the program ended in Apollo 17...

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »
It did and it didn't. Surplus hardware was used in the Skylab-programme.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 10:58:31 PM »
So according to these people, what happened to Apollos 18 and 19?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 07:02:26 AM »
Well, of course, Apollo-Soyuz was the next Apollo flight after Apollo17, so I suppose you could argue that it was Apollo 18 from a certain standpoint.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 07:14:13 AM »
Well, of course, Apollo-Soyuz was the next Apollo flight after Apollo17, so I suppose you could argue that it was Apollo 18 from a certain standpoint.

and of course the CSM used for the mission was the one earmarked for Apollo 18. :)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »
And if you are going to include all CSM flights as 'Apollo' missions, this should be 21, since it allegedly came after the last visit to Skylab.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 09:48:03 PM »
The Skylab expeditions (using modern parlance) were just as much Apollo as ASTP. Same spacecraft. Same LV.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 05:48:51 AM »
Forgive the necromancy, but I was prompted to revisit this after being alerted that bewaremouse was continuing to try and get mileage out of the supposed Apollo 20 footage taken in the LM on an allegedly unscheduled TV broadcast from the far side of the moon.

I know.

While looking for other sources of the video I came across a youtube channel by 'TheFakingHoaxer', who cheerfully produces absolutely brilliant UFO and other movies, openly revealing how they were done.

Despite his stating clearly that they are fakes, I have seen his stuff used and claimed as genuine - including by bewaremouse and elsewhere - as part of the entirely fictional Apollo 20 mission.

Videos like this one:

and this one:

(Check out his Mars one as well - it really is cleverly done).

Anyhow - what I need is more info on the LM interior used in the Apollo 20 video. Here's a composite I made of it:

There is a broad similarity with the composite kicking around of Aldrin in the LM, but it isn't exactly the same.

There are a number of things wrong in the sequence, not least the 'astronaut' tossing a camera around just like many genuine ones have done in cislunar zero gravity videos, but clearly in Earth gravity conditions, the fake alien seems to be superimposed, and the zooming to exterior shots contain very obvious fade edits.

Notice also the strange material under the LM window which looks as though it is in the distance somewhere, and also the detailing on the DSKY panel, which is wrong.

It is not (as far as I can tell) a reproduction of any known LM photos, based on the footage available and the pre-launch photos taken to document the interiors. My feeling is that it is either a display model they've hijacked, but none of the ones I've found on the web show the same windows, light shades, camera mountings, DSKY, dial positions etc etc

Or they made one themselves.

Any suggestions?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 09:13:29 AM »
Are people this stupid in believing that any of these are real?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
Are people this stupid in believing that any of these are real?

Yes.

There are even more stupid people out there who, when the fakery is pointed out to them, will argue that it is a smokescreen designed to discredit the truth about Aliens. So depending on which UFO nut you speak to it is either a genuine video showing UFO and alien activity, or it is a fake proving UFO and Alien activity. There are number of pro-UFO sites that acknowledge that it is a fake, but that it is so elaborate and must have taken so much effort to do that there must be some official involvement to produce it.

I have come across one site (http://forgetomori.com/2008/aliens/an-alien-with-boobies-and-floating-torsos/) that spots what it believes is poor compositing in the video superimposing the human figure, but it is possible that the effect is from a shadow, so I think that one's debatable. That site, and others, identifies an artist by the name of Thierry Speth as being responsible, but he doesn't appear to be anywhere online today.

The way that the model alien appears to move is very suggestive of a composite movie, and the techniques used in the other parts of the film suggest a use of large photographic prints with adornments to give an illusion of depth. This may also be how the LM interior was created, so the question is: which photograph was used?!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Perhaps it was composite of several internal LM views instead of a single?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan