Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 352834 times)

Offline RAF

• Mars
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #735 on: September 30, 2014, 10:36:13 AM »
Another good point RAF

It's not a "point", it was a joke...I'm laughing at you...because that's all the attention you deserve.   

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #736 on: September 30, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
I am expecting Buzz Aldrin to make a confession soon possibly with an interview with Anna Botting of Sky News.  That will really put the cat among the pigeons !

Invoking your rather active imagination to confirm your beliefs again?  If Aldrin doesn't say what you predict will you recant you claims of a moon hoax?   
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #737 on: September 30, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »
I think you will find that JayUtah is in error and has not read page 34 correctly.

If you would kindly pay attention to my posts, you'll discover that my question was based on the claims you make on page 16, the relevant parts of which I have accurately quoted in this thread.

Please address the conflicting information you provide on that page.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #738 on: September 30, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
If Apollo was faked you have to explain things like where the 380+ kilograms of Moon rocks and soil samples came from.

The book does not even attempt to explain the vast majority of Apollo evidence.

You have to explain how the footage was recorded of astronauts moving around in what appears to be a low-gravity vacuum.

The book attempts to explain this by having Armstrong's ghost tell the author that the astronauts were taken to "lot 151" in Nevada, which he doesn't specify or describe, and having "a film crew from Hollywood" shoot the astronauts pretending to move about in low gravity as some sort of training exercise.  The book is inconsistent on when the crew was actually let in on the secret that they were only going to fake the missions.  But in any case, that's the footage Burns claims was used to fake the lunar EVAs.

You have to explain how the astronauts were able to discuss the news of the day and live sports scores during the missions. And you have to explain why the Soviets didn't say anything about the fake, especially as they had sources inside NASA providing them with lots of relevant data.

As I said, Burns addresses almost none of the evidence of Apollo's authenticity.  His argument is based almost entirely on claims to have conversed with the ghosts of Neil Armstrong and Ellison Onizuka.  The only non-supernatural portions of his book that purport to substantiate his claims is a rather clumsy and error-riddled essay on the state of the art of space engineering in 1963.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #739 on: September 30, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »
I guess my claim of being visited by the ghost of Neil Armstrong doesn't count for anything with Jockndoris.

In fact, I think he is ignoring me altogether.  Hmm, I wonder why? ;)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #740 on: September 30, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
Why don't you buy a copy and you won't have to rely on old JayUtah? jockndoris

Nice try, Burns, but these people trust me far more than they trust you -- because I've given them ample reason to.  Shall I reproduce page 16 here in its entirety so that people can judge for themselves your inconsistency?

And shame on you!  You were told you couldn't continue trying to sell your book here unless you answered the questions put to you by your critics.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #741 on: September 30, 2014, 11:45:49 AM »
Will you want him to confirm that he played golf with me....

The only thing that Aldrin would confirm about the supposed golf game, is that it's a bald faced LIE.

Heck, even if given the opportunity, I wouldn't ask him such a ridiculous question, as I respect him too much to do that.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #742 on: September 30, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
Will you want him to confirm that he played golf with me....

The only thing that Aldrin would confirm about the supposed golf game, is that it's a bald faced LIE.

Heck, even if given the opportunity, I wouldn't ask him such a ridiculous question, as I respect him too much to do that.

Convicted criminal Bart Sibrel tried that kind of thing once...we know how that worked out...

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #743 on: September 30, 2014, 12:01:44 PM »

I don't . I think you will find that JayUtah is in error and has not read page 34 correctly. It was set in 1990 a perfectly correct year to be writing in QuickBasic. Why don't you buy a copy and you won't have to rely on old JayUtah? jockndoris

I think Jay has dealt with this one nicely, so I have a question about your comprehension of orbital mechanics.  Did you claim that a velocity of 15,000 mph would be required to orbit both the Earth and the moon?   Did you claim that Clarke discovered this?  I may have only taken two semesters of physics in college, but I know that both of these statements are wrong.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:03:16 PM by Dr_Orpheus »

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:35 PM »
Nice try, Burns, but these people trust me far more than they trust you -- because I've given them ample reason to.  Shall I reproduce page 16 here in its entirety so that people can judge for themselves your inconsistency?

Please do.  I wouldn't want to misjudge Burns.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #745 on: September 30, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
I have not gone away and still stand by every word and thought in the book.

No, you don't "stand by" it.

To "stand by" something means to support and defend it against challenges -- something you are singularly unwilling and unable to do.  Your sporadic posts have been sadly lacking in explanatory value.  I will remind you that the moderator has instructed you to answer questions regarding your book as a condition of your continued participation.  You are not answering them.

Not only that, you specifically admit in your book that you won't stand by it.  Early on, you require your reader to adopt an a priori belief in ghosts, and you advise him to eschew the book if he does not -- and for good reason, given the patently absurd allegations of fact you make under the pretense of ghostly advice.  Repeatedly claiming the book to be factual does not "stand by" if it you cannot provide substance to those claims when challenged.

Nor have you stood up for it lately.  Your recent reaffirmation that you "stand by" every word in the book still includes those pesky pages 11-13 where you wax most ignorant on the subject of space engineering -- a subject you admit here you were not trained in.  How can that possibly constitute standing up for claims that were addressed by qualified experts, refuted, and that you now admit have no basis in expertise?

Set aside your faux bravado, Burns.  It's tiresome and unconvincing.

I am expecting Buzz Aldrin to make a confession soon...

Nope.  It's clear you don't know the first thing about Buzz Aldrin, just as you demonstrate you don't know the first thing about Neil Armstrong or any other astronaut, NASA, space travel, or the sciences that govern it.

That leads me to another inconsistency and a question.

In your book you suggest that the ghost of Armstrong told you an "embargo" had been lifted with his death.  You don't specifically describe this "embargo," but from the context it seems to refer to obligations of secrecy on the part of those involved with the hoax you allege.  How would such a thing, if it existed, be reasonably tied to the death of one single astronaut?  And why Neil Armstrong?  Why would such a thing not stay in force for as long as all the involved parties were not subject to felony prosecution for misappropriation of federal tax funds?

What proof will you chaps require about his identity before you will accept what he says?

Irrelevant.  No one has an obligation to respond to statements that have not actually been made, nor to your rampant and irresponsible suggestion that he will simply endorse your claims.

What proof do you require that Andromeda's ghostly visitation, contradicting yours, is valid?  Or are you reluctant to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #746 on: September 30, 2014, 12:12:02 PM »
Please do.  I wouldn't want to misjudge Burns.

Nor I, but it would be nice to know whether Burns approves of a facsimile copy posted here.  The book may be nonsense, but it's copyrighted nonsense.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
I have a question about your comprehension of orbital mechanics.  Did you claim that a velocity of 15,000 mph would be required to orbit both the Earth and the moon?   Did you claim that Clarke discovered this?  I may have only taken two semesters of physics in college, but I know that both of these statements are wrong.

Nearly all of his statements in the essay are wrong.  See
http://www.clavius.org/bibburnsthesis.html

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

Nearly all of his statements in the essay are wrong.  See
http://www.clavius.org/bibburnsthesis.html

True, but this appears to be the most embarrassingly wrong thing that he said about space travel.  Even in elementary school, I would have recognized it as wrong, although I wouldn't have known how to calculate the correct values.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:27:46 PM by Dr_Orpheus »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
True, but this appears to be the most embarrassingly wrong thing that he said about space travel.

Agreed, and I make the same observation in the Clavius review.

Even in elementary school, I would have recognized it as wrong, although I wouldn't have known how to calculate the correct values.

The more you read the essay the more you realize just how little an understanding of the physical world, and the language we used to describe it, the author possesses.  It's not just ignorance on the subject of space engineering,  It's ignorance on the subject of how the physical world is conceptualized.