Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 352898 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #870 on: October 07, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »

I'd like some answers to these questions, please, Jockndoris:

1. If Apollo was faked how do you explain where the 380+ kilograms of Moon rocks and soil samples came from?

2. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how the footage was recorded of astronauts moving around in what appears to be a low-gravity vacuum?

3. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how the astronauts were able to discuss the news of the day and live sports scores during the missions?

4. If Apollo was faked how do you explain why the Soviets didn't say anything about the fake, especially as they had sources inside NASA providing them with lots of relevant data?

5. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how they faked zero gravity during live TV crosses during the journeys to and from the Moon?

Thank you.

Come on, Jockndoris. You going to answer?

Mr Moderator  Yes. You have been very reasonable.  I think however my participation in this post has now run its course until of course we get news that Buzz Aldrin has at last confessed - and that will happen and I hope you will let me know!  We have done well though with over 10,000 views.  Thanks to you and to all your posters for your contributions to that success .  Jockndoris

I guess that's a No.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #871 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:34 PM »
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Personally, I enjoyed Mr. Burns' book and found it quite useful.  For example, I recently misplaced my funnel...

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #872 on: October 07, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Personally, I enjoyed Mr. Burns' book and found it quite useful.  For example, I recently misplaced my funnel...

Oh no! Armstrong's ghost has been transferred to your car engine so now it will only go one-sixth its previous speed.
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #873 on: October 08, 2014, 02:41:31 AM »
Oh no! Armstrong's ghost has been transferred to your car engine so now it will only go one-sixth its previous speed.

It has been seeming a little sluggish lately...

8)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #874 on: October 08, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »
Sounds interesting. I know they do enjoy playing with their language -- homophones, especially in English loan-words -- and ambiguous meanings inherent in the rather tense grammar are certainly the fodder for certain salariman comics. (I had a subscription for a while to a magazine that used samples of various manga as a teaching tool to learn Japanese).

I remember a Tanaka-kun where he is struggling for two panels to open a bottle. On the third panel he finally gets the lid off, just as a friend enters saying "Happy New Year!" To which Tanaka-kun responds "It was nothing." (That's a play on the literal meaning of "Omedetto Gozaimasu!")

In another Tanaka-kun, his sometimes-girlfriend suggests they put on some (rock) music -- he proceeds to get up and lock the door!

And that's not even touching the fun you can get into with on and kun readings of different kanji.

From what little I know (I got to maybe the first month of a first semester in it via self-study) it is an incredibly contextual language. I like to think of it this way; the classic (romance) languages conjugate in order to explain who is going, when they are going, how many are going. English relies on the surrounding words and leaves off a lot of this. Japanese leaves practically everything out of the sentence entirely. So "Vamonos," then in English "Let's go," and in Japanese -- "Go." You have to figure out who is going based on context.
They aren't keen in using pronouns either. Just adds to the confusion.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #875 on: October 08, 2014, 04:52:04 AM »

I knew someone who had the same idea with a magazine to save making a mess, however they found great difficulty with the dip stick hole until the error was pointed out.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #876 on: October 08, 2014, 06:46:24 AM »

I knew someone who had the same idea with a magazine to save making a mess, however they found great difficulty with the dip stick hole until the error was pointed out.

I think I saw what you did there.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #877 on: October 08, 2014, 06:49:30 AM »
Mr Moderator  Yes. You have been very reasonable.  I think however my participation in this post has now run its course until of course we get news that Buzz Aldrin has at last confessed - and that will happen and I hope you will let me know!  We have done well though with over 10,000 views.  Thanks to you and to all your posters for your contributions to that success .  Jockndoris

If you think that means we are going to stop laughing at you and stop taking the mickey out, then you are very much mistaken!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #878 on: October 08, 2014, 08:14:27 AM »

If you think that means we are going to stop laughing at you and stop taking the mickey out, then you are very much mistaken!
No we won't stop laughing and pointing, but I doubt he cares, as he got his 10,000 views and over 870 posts worth of attention.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #879 on: October 08, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »

LOL! Good one, but aren't you worried it might foul your oil or clog your filter with woo-gunk?
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #880 on: October 08, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
It's very strange behaviour.... Burns equates an audience as some sort of measure of success or popularity whilst ignoring that all but one of the audience is pointing and laughing at him.
It's a pretty embarrassing spectacle, to be honest.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #881 on: October 08, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »
So does a clown.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #882 on: October 08, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »
Clowns are funny.  Burns is just pathetic.  Clowns are talented and respected.  Burns is just pathetic.  He's neither intelligent nor talented nor right.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #883 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
Clowns are funny.  Burns is just pathetic.  Clowns are talented and respected.  Burns is just pathetic.  He's neither intelligent nor talented nor right.

Clowns purposely set out to amuse and entertain. Burns does it by dint of being stupid and obtuse.

Both he and his bestest buddy in the whole world have logged in today, no doubt to congratulate themselves.

Poor deluded fools!
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #884 on: October 08, 2014, 01:03:38 PM »
Clowns purposely set out to amuse and entertain.

...was just going to post that....clowns are entertaining (you beat me to it :) ), and Burns is in no manner, entertaining.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:57:04 PM by RAF »