Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 862603 times)

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #1095 on: January 23, 2013, 03:50:11 AM »
1084 posts so far and nobody has claimed my €1 M - see post #1.
Of course it is very difficult but maybe somebody has learnt something? Bye, bye!

You are just a very sad troll......flouncety flounce. You have been publicly humiliated. You are a fraud.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #1096 on: January 23, 2013, 04:10:50 AM »

You don't have a million euros. You've had ample opportunity to prove it but you refuse. Why do you feel the need to lie about it?

Of course it is very difficult

Of course it is, and on Cosmoquest you demonstrated why it is so difficult very eloquently when you made the offer to give the money to anyone who could prove you wrong, then dismissed everyone who explained why you were wrong as 'idiots best ignored'. There is nothing difficult about proving you wrong. That's been done an uncountable number of times. The difficulty is in getting you to acknowledge you are wrong. That's your problem.

but maybe somebody has learnt something?

I've learned quite a bit, but nothing of it came from you.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #1097 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »
How long do you suppose that'll last?

And, as he already managed his first suspension (and will probably achieve his ban by the end of February) where will he appear next?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #1098 on: January 23, 2013, 10:25:16 AM »
He might stick to hanging around Cluesforum.  They are utterly convinced by the hoax so he has plenty of adoration there.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #1099 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
You are lying; you do not have a million Euros to offer.  Your claim is therefore not only null and void, but also fraudulent.

Of course, you could refute this by providing actual evidence for a million Euros in a suitable prize escrow account, but won't -  because you can't.

Of course it is very difficult
No.  It's trivially easy to point out the numerous errors in your claims.  Since you said on your web site:
    Prove me wrong and earn € 1 000 000
and you have been proven wrong on many claims, but refuse to acknowledge it, your "offer" is manifestly false regardless of the money.  You are lying not only about the money, but about the seriousness of the offer itself.

but maybe somebody has learnt something?
I've learned that you have no idea what you are talking about.  I've also learned that in addition to being utterly incompetent in anything related to space flight, you're also transparently dishonest.

As far as actually learning something related to space flight in this thread, despite working in this field, I have learned things from folks like ka9q and BobB.  There is nothing you can teach me, however.  You can't even get the most basic facts right.

Bye, bye!
This is now the third time you've flounced off.  You can't even tell the truth about leaving a forum.

Please try to grasp this, Heiwa: you're not original.  You're not the first ignorant and incompetent conspiracist to come here spouting nonsense, or to demonstrate an appalling lack of research skills, or to pretend to offer money you don't have, or to pretend answers haven't been handed to you, or to pretent your alleged expertise in another field qualifies you as some sort of expert in mine.  Or even to say you're leaving and not do so.   

Offline cos

• Venus
« Reply #1100 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:12 AM »
The cluesforum is as depressing as the david icke site. Heiwa is convinced that the ISS is a fake but notes that an object appears in the sky exactly at the times nasa give for the ISS and was wondering what it was. The ISS apparently is not an acceptable answer. If he got hold of a decent pair of binoculars he could discover that the mysterious object is also shaped like the ISS.  But I suppose that would qualify as research and all HBs are allergic to that.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #1101 on: January 23, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
The cluesforum is as depressing as....
...practically anything else I have read.  This is my first time on the forum and I couldn't get past a few pages without wanting to wash my eyeballs in lye. It would be less painful than continuing to read.  Clueless forum would be a better name.  Heiwa can have his fun over there with his analytically challenged allies.  But I suspect they will get tired of his persistent begging to be the center of attention as well. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:14:15 AM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #1102 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
Assesment of the clueless forum is unfortunately completely correct.

Just for "giggles", I took a thread at random...a thread about the death of Neil Armstrong. Get this, they "use" his death as a chance to bash him as a liar.

There are absolutely no redeaming qualities whatsoever to the forum...the owners should be ashamed of themselves for being such (pick your own curse word as it certainly applies).

A bunch of very sick puppies...Heiwa should feel right at home there.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #1103 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Wow, that forum is nothing but a guano mine...well maybe that's not fair, as guano at least has uses, whereas Not-A-Clueforum has no value whatsoever that I can see.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1104 on: January 23, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »
Of course it is very difficult but maybe somebody has learnt something? Bye, bye!

Jesus H. Christ Bjorkman... Is that the best you can do? Ignore everything that others have tried to get past your skull with nary a comment?? And then to skulk off??

I notice that you have not made any, not even a tiny attempt, at MY €1M challenge. It just goes to show how little faith you have in your own crackpot ideas.

Honestly, if this is the best that the HB community can come up with, then they'd be better off going home. I mean you jokers can't even do a decent flounce!
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #1105 on: January 23, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
Now DakDak, he could do a flounce!

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #1106 on: January 23, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »

I still occasionally think about that flounce and smile.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #1107 on: January 23, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »

I still occasionally think about that flounce and smile.

It was the many stages of it that made it such a classic.

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #1108 on: January 23, 2013, 06:29:33 PM »
Multiple stages make for a much more efficient flounce.

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #1109 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
Heiwa's behavior reminded me of something.  I know it's probably useless to speculate about the psychology of an HB, especially any sort of clinical diagnosis.  But consider this...

In Oliver Sachs' brilliant book The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat, he describes various patients with neurological deficits (or enhancements).  One such case was of an older woman who complained that her caregivers weren't giving her enough food.  Sachs observed her at meals and discovered that she would eat everything on the right side of her plate and stop, never touching the left side.  She wasn't being picky or uncooperative -- she literally could not see anything in the left half of her field of view.  She wasn't even aware that she had this deficit.  (The solution was to rotate her plate 90 degrees after she finished the right half, so she would eat half of what was left, and so on.)

There seem to be real similarities between this woman's situation and that of certain HBs.  It's as if they can't see the facts even when they are laid right in front of them.  It makes me wonder if we aren't seeing symptoms of a neurological problem, a sort of logical blindness. 

After all, for most people, Achilles was right: Logic will take you by the throat and force you to accept its conclusion.  But if someone like Heiwa is involved, Logic can't get a grip.  Dealing with him is like a real-life Pythonesque Argument Sketch.