Author Topic: Moonwalkers - new movie for January  (Read 3299 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Moonwalkers - new movie for January
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:31:50 AM »
We can all work out how this will go down in the HB community (sweepstake on how long it takes for the word 'whistleblower' to appear?), but it looks like fun:

http://io9.com/in-moonwalkers-the-government-hires-kubrick-to-fake-th-1742446697

You might think a movie about faking the Moon landings would be mad enough—and especially once you throw in the idea of hiring Stanley Kubrick, director of 2001, to spearhead the project. But Moonwalkers looks much weirder than that.

Judging from the brand new trailer above, Moonwalkers is just some next-level crazy. Ron Perlman gets the directive to go hire Kubrick to fake our first visit to an extraterrestrial body. And he tries to hire Kubrick—but then we get into some Color Me Kubrick ****, because if there’s one thing everybody is always doing, it’s impersonating Stanley Kubrick. Like, all the time. Soon, Ron Perlman and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley!) are teaming up to make the most insane, trippy, jacked-up fake Moon landing you ever saw. All other fake Moon landings are forever going to look downright sensible compared to this one.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Moonwalkers - new movie for January
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:56:33 AM »
That's in the diary :)

Footnote: Who cares what the CTs think? Extra small font used to show I don't care :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 08:42:12 AM »
That's in the diary :)

Footnote: Who cares what the CTs think? Extra small font used to show I don't care :)
Quit hiding your feelings, how do you REALLY  care about CT's thoughts? :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »
We can all work out how this will go down in the HB community (sweepstake on how long it takes for the word 'whistleblower' to appear?), but it looks like fun:

http://io9.com/in-moonwalkers-the-government-hires-kubrick-to-fake-th-1742446697

You might think a movie about faking the Moon landings would be mad enough—and especially once you throw in the idea of hiring Stanley Kubrick, director of 2001, to spearhead the project. But Moonwalkers looks much weirder than that.

Judging from the brand new trailer above, Moonwalkers is just some next-level crazy. Ron Perlman gets the directive to go hire Kubrick to fake our first visit to an extraterrestrial body. And he tries to hire Kubrick—but then we get into some Color Me Kubrick ****, because if there’s one thing everybody is always doing, it’s impersonating Stanley Kubrick. Like, all the time. Soon, Ron Perlman and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley!) are teaming up to make the most insane, trippy, jacked-up fake Moon landing you ever saw. All other fake Moon landings are forever going to look downright sensible compared to this one.
Shouldn't take too long for the YT's  to post videos "That we never went to the Moon--PROOF.  ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan