Author Topic: Strong arguments versus weak arguments.  (Read 209936 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: Strong arguments versus weak arguments.
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »
There are no high quality videos of lunar dust closeup being kicked up by astronauts.

There's plenty of 16 mm film of the dust.

If you go to a beach and start kicking around sand, you won`t see any clouds either.

Irrelevant, since lunar regolith is not sand, nor would it be expected to behave like sand.

I don`t see what could have stopped NASA from either using wet sand or adding coagulants.

Welcome back rocky.

What we need to do is to check more videos if the sand doesn`t manage to fall faster down to the ground than the astronaut hanging on wires.

Oh dear, here we go again. Are we going to have to tread the same ground of being unable to discern the behaviour of individual particles from video or film of a cloud of them?

That is what you need, right?

Drop the sarcasm. We've already seen through your pretence of being somewhat neutral in this discussion, so get to the business of presenting your evidence and stop wasting our time.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2012, 10:26:32 AM »
Jason, this is your quote-`The shuttle engines use a different fuel combination, so they couldn't have used the F-1 anyway`
 I have a question, are you mocking yourself?

Not at all. As powerful as the F-1 is, the kerosene/LOX fuel combination is a poor cousin to the LH2/LOX combination of the shuttle main engines. Or are you suggesting you have a better understanding of the best way to design a rocket than people who actually do it for a living?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »
If you go to a beach and start kicking around sand, you won`t see any clouds either. I don`t see what could have stopped NASA from either using wet sand

I've only ever seen one person make that claim before. Thank you for confirming that you are a sock-puppet of a previously banned user of the forum. I suspected it from your first post, but the wet sand bit is a dead giveaway.

The question now is, do I ban you immediately, or give you a chance to answer our questions first?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline advancedboy

• Venus
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
Moderator, if you checked the origin of my IP address, you would see that it originates from LV, which is where I come from. How could I be a sock puppet? You think I travelled to Latvia to have an argument with this forum? if you really wanted to check me out, you could send me an email to a post box registered in the same country, or you could check out my name in other forums, that I am registered with, such as secretprojectsforum.co.uk, productdesignforums.com, or ATS.com. it is not that hard to do!

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
Moderator, if you checked the origin of my IP address, you would see that it originates from LV, which is where I come from. How could I be a sock puppet?
Proxy server.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »
or you could check out my name in other forums, that I am registered with, such as secretprojectsforum.co.uk, productdesignforums.com, or ATS.com. it is not that hard to do!

I just pasted each of those into my address bar.

The secret projects one doesn't exist.

The product design one doesn't connect.

ATS.com is not a forum.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:36:59 AM by Andromeda »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 11:50:32 AM »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
How could I be a sock puppet?

Just to get this clear.  Are you stating that you have not registered with the Apollohoax forum before either here at Apollohoax.net or on proboards?  No wriggling please.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:00:11 PM by Echnaton »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
Moderator, if you checked the origin of my IP address, you would see that it originates from LV, which is where I come from. How could I be a sock puppet? You think I travelled to Latvia to have an argument with this forum? if you really wanted to check me out, you could send me an email to a post box registered in the same country, or you could check out my name in other forums, that I am registered with, such as secretprojectsforum.co.uk, productdesignforums.com, or ATS.com. it is not that hard to do!

Reply #47. Please address my question. If you believe Apollo was a hoax, let us start with the theorists' 'strongest' argument.

So, do you believe Apollo was a hoax, or suspect is was? If yes, then please present your evidence to support to radiation argument, or do you think the radiation argument is weak. If so, then why?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:04:37 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline advancedboy

• Venus
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
No, I haven`t been registered here before.  If I used a proxy server, or thor, I wouldn`t be able to register here again once again with the same I.P. Adress. But I f I reregsitered here again, I would still have the same IP adress.
 ATS- abovetopsecret.com,    and If I was a sock puppet, then sock puppet of whom? Can I see the user name, out of curiosity. If by mentioning wetting sand you suspect that I am a sock puppet, then it is weird. It is not really a rocket science to imagine that  to elimate dust, one could wet them or sift them for coarser grains.
Luke Pemberton< I do believe Apollo was hoaxed, no matter how supportive I am for US, my lifelong ( not that long) investigation in US car industry, aviation partly as well, consumer electronics, has been a huge disappointment. Whether I researched wing manufacturing of Boeing 787 outsourced for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Opel car platforms used for cadillacs , or constant rebadging of import poducts under US brand names, be it Magnavox, Norelco, etc, it was constant pain to find a single core of engineering facility that would do a real engineering work of precision manufactured items at home. And that broke my heart.
 As to Apollo, and what is the hoaxers strongest argument, i don`t know. I don`t represent them, i represent myself. Each of those who believes apollo was hoaxed, has his own arguments as strongest. As to radiation , I believe it is insurmountable issue. I can`t imagine that attitude and risk of astronauts that could have taken a risk of going through van Allen`s, and still be risking their lifes to unpredictable solar flares, space radiation, defragmantation of radiation hitting spacecraft and the radiation on the lunar surface bouncing back. I do believe scientificAmerican article in those years was right, stating the approximate range of radiation, which allowed Mr. Jarrah White to calculate exact doses each astonaut would get. And I believe Van Allen was threatened to either withdraw or be silent about his radiation discoveries, although I am no privy to provide proof of such an occurence. If you go to Jarrah White`s channel , he has a lot of videos dealing with radiation, he has even updated and revisited them. And you can call me stupid, but if my life hanged at a thread, Jarrah White would be a kind of person I would trust my life, although I am not personally familiar with him. I don`t know if he will die poor or rich, or happy or not, but I know he will die honest.  Another thing that bothers me about radiation is how brave and careless the astronauts were on the moon, they didn`t care to read or report or inquire about radiation readings, or what exact dose they got from  the sun as well, or the battery meters on their lunar rover, why didn`t they report the battery levels? There are many things that beg to ask questions, even the star question. I don`t believe if they tried to hide  behind in a shadow of a large boulder, having only black sky and 7% albedo from the lunar surface, that they wouldn`t be able to film or photograph stars. At least they would be able to see Jupiter or Venus.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:27:51 PM by advancedboy »

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
The only person whom I've ever seen use the wet sand below dry sand argument was Jarrah White.
Is AdvancedBoy Jarrah?
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
The only person whom I've ever seen use the wet sand below dry sand argument was Jarrah White.
Is AdvancedBoy Jarrah?

Rocky.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
No, I haven`t been registered here before. 

Thank you for a direct answer.

If by mentioning wetting sand you suspect that I am a sock puppet, then it is weird.

The combination of wet sand argument and the 9/11 litmus test of credibility is the schtick of a known crank.  It is weird that you would use the same two items.

It is not really a rocket science to imagine that  to elimate dust, one could wet them or sift them for coarser grains.
It is not rocket science the imagine that a pink gay unicorn could fly to the moon, but it doesn't make it scientifically meaningful.
However it is rocket science to understand rockets and we do have rocket scientists and engineers on this board. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:32:43 PM by Echnaton »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2012, 12:16:50 PM »
Is AdvancedBoy Jarrah?

Not a chance. It's not even his style of writing. In fairness to HWSNBN 2, he would not hide behind a sock either, he'd be quite open about his identity. HWSNBN 2 wouldn't come here anyway. That would mean answering far too many difficult questions, and exposing him for what he is. HWSNBN 2 has an alternative agenda, and its not about truth. Why come here and leave a permanent record of ignorance and damage his ulterior motives for investment in the hoax?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch