Author Topic: Hunchback's major (mis)understanding of Apollo TV tech.  (Read 54833 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
Re: Hunchback's major (mis)understanding of Apollo TV tech.
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 08:08:10 PM »
Even now, if you bring it up, he still insists that it is the absolute truth.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »
I noticed somebody new to his videos sticking up for him 1-2 weeks ago. That is until somebody pointed out the Nautilus video to him.
Synopsis, please?  I have too few IQ points left to risk them by actually watching  this guy's output.

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
Synopsis, please?  I have too few IQ points left to risk them by actually watching  this guy's output.
During Apollo 11, Buzz Aldrin demonstrated, on TV, making a sandwich in weightlessness. He spread pate from a can on a piece of bread.

Hunchbacked insists the whole thing was staged on earth in a water-filled CM mockup. "Buzz Aldrin" was actually an imposter wearing a Buzz Aldrin mask and breathing through tiny tubes camoflaged as the wires in his headset.

I kid you not.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
The difficulties with perspective and inability to admit his faults reminds me of Jack White.  At least he's stuck on youtube and doesn't have the cult following that thinks just because he once testified in front of Congress (even though it was a disaster) that he is now God's gift to photography.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
During Apollo 11, Buzz Aldrin demonstrated, on TV, making a sandwich in weightlessness. He spread pate from a can on a piece of bread.

Hunchbacked insists the whole thing was staged on earth in a water-filled CM mockup. "Buzz Aldrin" was actually an imposter wearing a Buzz Aldrin mask and breathing through tiny tubes camoflaged as the wires in his headset.

I kid you not.

I wonder if he has ever tried to spread anything on a waterlogged slice of bread?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 11:59:16 PM »
I wonder if he has ever tried to spread anything on a waterlogged slice of bread?
Well, obviously it wasn't actual bread but actually a NASA actor in disguise. ::)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »

I kid you not.

The contortions some people will go through to cling onto their world view.

Hoax belief isn't a misguided conclusion, it's a compulsion.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2013, 04:49:54 AM »

I kid you not.

The contortions some people will go through to cling onto their world view.

And the appeal to such people is that their world view can never be faulted because they can always claim (with absolutely no basis in fact) fakery or collusion.

Apollo HBs are no different. If you took someone like Jarrah White or Hunchbacked to the moon and showed them the Apollo landing sites, they would just say that all the equipment has only just been put there. Quite simply, there is nothing you can do or say to these kinds of idiots, because they don't accept that Apollo is established fact with mountains of photographic, video and documentary evidence to support it, and they don't understand that the burden of disproof is upon them.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2013, 06:54:15 AM »
I kid you not.

Ouch. There goes a point!

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2013, 11:25:15 PM »
Il est français, je pense.

His name is Xavier Pascal. He claims to have graduated from a French university and I've seen posts he's written in French.
I guess it's him, then, who has a page at the Aulis web site with a lengthy exposition claiming the AGC wouldn't work. He started off by claiming that it couldn't control the spacecraft because it would take too long to get updates from the ground computers if anything went astray - apparently spacecraft on translunar trajectories are prone to suddenly lunging off course if not constantly corrected, which would be news to controllers watching, say, Pluto-New Horizons.  (The AGC's inability to provide realtime flight control would also be news to the pilots who flew the F-8 Crusader using an AGC for the first fly-by-wire aircraft tests.)

I had a headache and not enough time to pursue the rest, but at a glance he also appears to claim that neither the core memory nor the RAM of the AGC would work at all; apparently he is the first fellow with enough genius to look at the material that's been available for decades and figure it out.   Naturally the Aulis web site lapped it up. 

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »
I see in 2D (as does something like 6% of the population), and I still understand perspective just fine. In fact I have to understand perspective and general 3Dness as part of my job, and it was only after I'd been working for some 15 years that I discovered that I don't see in stereo.
Out of interest, do you mind expanding on this, please. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm more than a little curious. Do you have normal vision in both eyes? How did you discover you don't see in stereo? Do you know why you don't see in stereo?
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Drewid

• Venus
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
I see in 2D (as does something like 6% of the population), and I still understand perspective just fine. In fact I have to understand perspective and general 3Dness as part of my job, and it was only after I'd been working for some 15 years that I discovered that I don't see in stereo.
Out of interest, do you mind expanding on this, please. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm more than a little curious. Do you have normal vision in both eyes? How did you discover you don't see in stereo? Do you know why you don't see in stereo?
I have normal (ish) vision in both eyes, I wear glasses to correct distance issues.

I found out in my early/mid 30's. I had a company eye test and the optometrist did a test whereby I looked into an instrument that showed a different image to each eye, in this case a bird and a cage. It should have shown as a bird superimposed in the cage, and I just couldn't do it.  He did a couple more simple tests to determine which was my master eye, and he discovered that I can swap master eye at will. I'd known that for years but didn't know the reason for it.  That was it, he announced my vision was 2D.

I was born with what used to be called a "lazy eye" and had corrective surgery as an infant, but sometimes in these cases the brain never quite manages to do the stereo thing afterwards.

I've since realised a couple of things.
1) If I'd known before I took my driving test it may have disqualified me. I've since met someone with a similar problem who isn't allowed to drive. However I have a good driving record with many years no claims bonus.

2) I'd subconciously developed some small coping strategies for instances where depth perception was missing. For example when pouring from a bottle into a glass I always make sure to touch the rim of the glass with the bottle neck to ensure they're lined up, I've always done it but had never twigged as to why.

3D cinema just doesn't work at all for me, the glasses make everything darker but otherwise it's the same experience as 2D cinema, just more expensive.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:11:03 PM by Drewid »

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2013, 03:19:35 PM »
I have read of a queer case of a man who, though stereoblind up to that point, went to see a 3D movie, and, somehow, something clicked in his brain and he suddenly could see in 3D.
As an aspiring artist, I find actually seeing in 3D can be a pain as it hinders my ability to replicate the true shape of the lines of things skewed by perspective. My brain insists a square in perspective is square, even though the 2D projected shape on my retina is tetrahedral. However, I can close one eye and that helps.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
Il est français, je pense.

His name is Xavier Pascal. He claims to have graduated from a French university and I've seen posts he's written in French.
I guess it's him, then, who has a page at the Aulis web site with a lengthy exposition claiming the AGC wouldn't work. He started off by claiming that it couldn't control the spacecraft because it would take too long to get updates from the ground computers if anything went astray - apparently spacecraft on translunar trajectories are prone to suddenly lunging off course if not constantly corrected, which would be news to controllers watching, say, Pluto-New Horizons.  (The AGC's inability to provide realtime flight control would also be news to the pilots who flew the F-8 Crusader using an AGC for the first fly-by-wire aircraft tests.)

I had a headache and not enough time to pursue the rest, but at a glance he also appears to claim that neither the core memory nor the RAM of the AGC would work at all; apparently he is the first fellow with enough genius to look at the material that's been available for decades and figure it out.   Naturally the Aulis web site lapped it up.

That's gotta be him - he has kind of a fetish about the AGC.  In fact, I think some of his latest round of videos has been on that subject.  He really doesn't know much about... well, anything.  He's such a prolific producer of videos that it's hard to believe that he has time to do much of anything else. 
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
Besides, people have made working replicas of the AGC.
I guess they are part of the conspiracy too. ::)