Author Topic: Apollo and Stars  (Read 50058 times)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Re: Apollo and Stars
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »
He also complained that the solar array wasn't pointing at the Sun, but as was explained to him, it was pointing to the last "sunset" before cold soak killed the spacecraft.
That's obviously what happened, but I do wonder why they didn't park the array facing east so it would pick up the sun when it rose again.

Surveyor 1 did survive for 7 months so nighttime cold didn't always kill the electronics.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
Yup, just draw lines across the diagonal of the nearer panel, and see the angles are TOTALLY different
Good work. Now, for extra credit, show that the Surveyor high gain antenna and the S-band dish deployed next to the LM in the distance point in the same direction: at earth.  :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:40 AM »
You understand very well that send someone to look for something nonexistent is teasing ... no? everything else is poor excuses, who claims shows or silent.

Get over yourself.  You've made a whole string of claims that amount to denying the existence of certain kinds of evidence.  Yet when that evidence is pushed under you very nose, you still deny it.  That behavior fairly excuses anyone else from any obligation to produce arbitrary evidence for you.  You've made claims that imply you've studied the Apollo evidence thoroughly.  Yet it is quite clear you have not.  When you can demonstrate even a cursory familiarity with the pertinent evidence, then you can oblige people to produce obscure bits of it that become relevant.  But when you stand there ignorant as a child and unwilling to be taught in any respect, you don't get to claim any sort of moral high ground.
Nonsense ... the user who claims the Earth lunar rover photographed refused to prove the stupidity that was invented. Then he demanded that I seek and find such material (?).
And like any honest person can understand, that says something is who should try, if you do not agree with this is that you are crazy or a complete idiot.
I grow weary of your adolescent behavior.  Here is the Apollo 17 lunar liftoff and a pan after the ascent stage is well beyond goo video of it, you will notice the pan after that.
The earth is not contained in this pan, but if you look at this video you will see the earth on a Couple of occurrences taken from the LRV camera.

Now amit you were wrong that this type of video didn't exist.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »
Yep, right there around 19 minutes into the video.

Tarkus, once again you are wrong.  Don't all your errors, one after another, ever make you reconsider your beliefs? 

If you never reconsider your claims, despite being so routinely wrong, and so easily shown to be wrong, then why should anyone waste any more time trying to educate you?

I have asked you these questions numerous times. Please answer them.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2015, 08:29:22 AM »
Yep, right there around 19 minutes into the video.

Tarkus, once again you are wrong.  Don't all your errors, one after another, ever make you reconsider your beliefs? 

If you never reconsider your claims, despite being so routinely wrong, and so easily shown to be wrong, then why should anyone waste any more time trying to educate you?

I have asked you these questions numerous times. Please answer them.
e probably didn't have 19 minutes in his life to learn something or change his mind.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »
Nonsense ... the user who claims the Earth lunar rover photographed refused to prove the stupidity that was invented. Then he demanded that I seek and find such material (?).
And like any honest person can understand, that says something is who should try, if you do not agree with this is that you are crazy or a complete idiot.

tarkus, honest people are willing to research and discuss problems that have been shown to exist with their opinions and ideas. You have continually shown you are unwilling to do that. So who's really being honest here?

.....Oh wait, you don't answer questions do you? Oops, that's another question. When will I ever learn!  :-\
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »
tarkus, honest people are willing to research and discuss problems that have been shown to exist with their opinions and ideas. You have continually shown you are unwilling to do that. So who's really being honest here?

That's the key meta issue.  Affirmative claims bear the burden of proof.  But tarkus offers little more than negative claims.  "X doesn't exist in the record, and that's suspicious."  Naturally the only way that constitutes an actionable argument is if the proponent can demonstrate that he's searched diligently, if not exhaustively, for X.  In real scholarship, proponents who make that sort of claim get the benefit of the doubt.  They either have stature in the field that lets readers presume they are diligent.  (Stature is hard to acquire otherwise.)  Or they're making the statement in a context where the readers would agree with it on its face, as a known deficiency in the pertinent record.  We even afford it a little bit to conspiracy theorists who pop in out of the blue, even though we shouldn't.

Negative propositions are insidious as an opening shot because the most effective and direct rebuttal is to do as we've done here: simply refer to the evidence in the record.  "Oh yeah?  Well here's the X you say doesn't exist."  But that's an affirmative rebuttal.  It bears the burden of proof, and people familiar with the record can easily satisfy it.  So a negative opening that effectively shifts the burden of proof puts the hoax claimant immediately in what seems like a strong position.

But the opponent having satisfied his burden of proof, it then shifts back to the claimant to deal with it.  And we've seen how tarkus deals with it through evasion or ad hoc revision.  When that happens enough times, the presumption of diligence erodes and the burden no longer shifts to the opponent.  Upon the new claim, "Y doesn't exist in the record, and it should," a defensible response is, "You haven't done a diligent search."  Tarkus hasn't enjoyed the presumption of diligence for quite some time now.  And that means he is disqualified from shifting the burden for this type of claim onto his opponent.  Ignorance of the evidence is not a position from which an argument of suspicious absence has any probative value.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
Did you watch the two videos that I linked to you, and now ready to admit
1. Videos do exist even though you failed to look for them?
2. That yes the earth was captured in video by the LRV camera.  And yes the lunar launch was recorded by the same LRV camera?
Eugene Cernan