Author Topic: Slow around here, need my Apollo fix  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Slow around here, need my Apollo fix
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:51:58 AM »
It's been slow around her for a while so I've been exploring other web sites.  I heard about an unusual site on a favorite podcast, 99% invisible called youarelistening.to.  The site takes voice tracks such as police & fire radio and number stations and pairs them with music from Soundcloud.  More of relevance is the NASA channel, which currently is pairing random Apollo sound clips with various space or ambient music pieces.

We are all so familiar with the various voices and sounds of Apollo, but the pairing the familiar with music makes for a unusual listening experience as the voices fade in and out of prominence with the music.  Give it a try.  I also suggest listening to the number stations channel for an even more abstract experience. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Re: Slow around here, need my Apollo fix
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:22:05 AM »
I wonder if the numbers station would be good for insomnia. Anybody try it?

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
Re: Slow around here, need my Apollo fix
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:35:25 AM »
Whenever I get bored and need an Apollo fix, I just watch The Dish again.  Plus I get to reminisce - I was 12 at the time and was very much like the kid in the movie..  About a year later we traveled via Parkes to Qld - visiting it and doing the entire tour was the absolute highlight of my holiday.  Unfortunately we didn't get to play cricket or take the 'hay ride', but you can't have everything, I guess!