Author Topic: A flat Earth thread for Tradosaurus  (Read 93446 times)

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
Re: A flat Earth thread for Tradosaurus
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2016, 10:57:57 AM »

Your blind defense of the globe earth and refusal to see reality is more proof that the globe earth is a religion with gravity as its god.   If the powers that be can brainwash people into thinking the globe earth is real they can brainwash people to believe 9/11 was committed by a bunch of ignorant goat herders.

A bunch of ignorant goat herders with pilots licences and (for some) advanced degrees.

A bunch of ignorant goat herders with pilots licences and (for some) advanced degrees and a willingness to kill and die for their fanatical beliefs.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

Your blind defense of the globe earth and refusal to see reality is more proof that the globe earth is a religion with gravity as its god.   If the powers that be can brainwash people into thinking the globe earth is real they can brainwash people to believe 9/11 was committed by a bunch of ignorant goat herders.

A bunch of ignorant goat herders with pilots licences and (for some) advanced degrees.

A bunch of ignorant goat herders with pilots licences and (for some) advanced degrees and a willingness to kill and die for their fanatical beliefs.
I don't want to get to far off the flat earth thread but in this case you should do a search on experienced pilots who used a flight simulator to try to replicate flying into the twin towers.  Only one was able to do it and it took him a few tries.   The goat herders training records from several U.S. flight schools indicate that they were marginal pilots, at best, even in single-engine airplanes.    9/11 is just one of the many manipulations the gov't has been creating to control peoples belief system.  nasa is just another extension.
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2016, 11:07:37 AM »
So now you're trying to claim that experienced pilots couldn't line up with something wider than a runway?  And you believe that?  Really?   LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2016, 11:15:42 AM »

I don't want to get to far off the flat earth thread but in this case you should do a search on experienced pilots who used a flight simulator to try to replicate flying into the twin towers.  Only one was able to do it and it took him a few tries.   The goat herders training records from several U.S. flight schools indicate that they were marginal pilots, at best, even in single-engine airplanes.    9/11 is just one of the many manipulations the gov't has been creating to control peoples belief system.  NASA is just another extension.

Yes, early in their training, some of the 911-pilots weren't very good. But they kept at it, motivated by their RELIGION, and eventually succeeded. And most of the piloting was done by the autopilot anyway.

Yes, some truther-pilots deny the flight characteristics of the aircrafts used - while other aren't so "sceptical".
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2016, 11:21:47 AM »

I don't want to get to far off the flat earth thread but in this case you should do a search on experienced pilots who used a flight simulator to try to replicate flying into the twin towers.  Only one was able to do it and it took him a few tries.   The goat herders training records from several U.S. flight schools indicate that they were marginal pilots, at best, even in single-engine airplanes.    9/11 is just one of the many manipulations the gov't has been creating to control peoples belief system.  NASA is just another extension.

This doesn't even merit a response, not even the one you are getting with this post.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2016, 11:53:52 AM »
Let me clarify.  It was actually Guglielmo Marconi, an Italian inventor and Electrical Engineer, who transmitted the first radio signal over the Atlantic Ocean (2200 miles) in 1901. 
As a radio ham, I'm well aware of Marconi's accomplishments.
The BBC actually was the first to begin national broadcasting of a radio program in 1922. 
Maybe so, I'll take your word for this.
So the point is that satellites are not needed to broadcast a signal long distances and on a flat earth this is how it is done.  Otherwise why are there still large antennas all over the world if there are supposedly 20,000+ satellites in orbit.
Wrong. Any radio ham (such as myself) knows (and can easily demonstrate) that worldwide radio communications unassisted by satellites are only possible on frequencies below about 30 MHz that reflect off the ionosphere. Marconi's experiments, for example, were in the vicinity of 0.86 MHz (in the modern-day AM broadcast band.) Higher frequencies punch right through it into space. That includes the frequencies used by GPS (1575.24 MHz), Sirius/XM satellite radio (2350 MHz), and direct satellite TV broadcast (12,200-12,700 MHz).

Furthermore, ionospheric communications are unreliable, being affected by solar activity, and very limited in capacity because of their low frequencies. Real-time TV is impossible. Satellite transmissions are as reliable and solid as the satellites themselves.

Some radio hams also bounce signals off the moon, though it takes a lot of power and very large antennas by amateur standards. The round trip delay is very noticeable at about 3 seconds -- just what it was when NASA communicated with the Apollo astronauts on the moon. A few radio hams even received the Apollo transmissions directly from the moon. Imagine that, individuals verifying NASA's claims for themselves, with their own equipment. So much for having to take them on faith, eh?

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2016, 12:08:38 PM »
Yeah, a common misconception, especially among that crowd, about GPS is that it is two way.  They don't realize that a GPS no matter it is is handheld, in your car or in a plane is one way.  It receives only.  For somebody else to have your location they have to be receiving information either via radar, radio, or some other satellite link.
Right. Remember that GPS was originally designed for the military, and they are still its primary user. Military users don't want to risk giving away their positions. Also, any positioning system that requires that the users transmit (e.g., aviation DME) is inherently limited in capacity. GPS has billions of users; there's no way to get that kind of capacity without a one-way system.

GPS satellites do nothing more than continuously broadcast the time and their own positions -- very accurately (time within a few nanoseconds and positions within 1-2 meters). The details are more complicated, but they're secondary to understanding the basic idea. A receiver records the time from four or more satellites, and knowing their positions and the speed of light, works out the position that causes all those times to coincide. You also get the time of day, very accurately (whether you need it or not).

If you know your altitude, e.g., if you're on the ocean, then you only need three satellites. Most receivers now use every satellite they can see to average out the errors and to spot any satellites that are transmitting bogus information (now pretty rare).

It really is that simple. If you accept the reality of satellites, of course. Otherwise you have a real problem explaining why it is so accurate and why it works everywhere on the globe (the "G" means "global").
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:14:21 PM by ka9q »

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2016, 12:23:17 PM »
Not only does it use satellites, but they also must compensate for time dilation, or the timing signals would get hopelessly out of synch.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
do a search on experienced pilots who used a flight simulator to try to replicate flying into the twin towers.  Only one was able to do it and it took him a few tries.
That's ridiculous.

Way back in the mid 1980s (long before 9/11) I happened to sit next to an off-duty People Express (remember them?) airline pilot who talked about his time on the training simulators. Because PE was based in Newark NJ, many of their training sessions simulated the New York City area. One day they had some extra time to kill after his formal tests, so for fun he flew his simulated 737 north, underneath the Verranzano Narrows Bridge, toward lower Manhattan. As he approached the WTC, he snap-rolled 90 degrees and successfully flew between the towers.

So yeah, I know at least one commercial pilot who didn't hit the towers in the simulator. But he was trying to avoid them because that was a lot harder, not to mention much more fun.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2016, 12:30:55 PM »
Not only does it use satellites, but they also must compensate for time dilation, or the timing signals would get hopelessly out of synch.
I don't think they'd actually get out of synch because GPS is a closed-loop system. It actually measures your positions relative to a set of very well surveyed ground monitor stations around the world. The observations of those stations are used to generate the ephemerides broadcast by each satellite that gives the satellite's precise position (again with respect to those stations) and the corrections to apply to its time transmissions. So if GPS didn't account for relativity, those time corrections would be noticeably biased but you'd still get the right answers. I think.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
I don't think they'd actually get out of synch because GPS is a closed-loop system. It actually measures your positions relative to a set of very well surveyed ground monitor stations around the world. The observations of those stations are used to generate the ephemerides broadcast by each satellite that gives the satellite's precise position (again with respect to those stations) and the corrections to apply to its time transmissions. So if GPS didn't account for relativity, those time corrections would be noticeably biased but you'd still get the right answers. I think.
This is what I've read, anyway. If it's 'lies to children'* taken too far, let me know.
*A model to aid learning and understanding that isn't actually accurate as such. Think of the 'solar system' esque model of the atom. Great when you're just learning about electrons, protons, and neutrons and their basic properties in grade school. Not at all what atoms are like.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2016, 12:39:14 PM »
I had an email conversation with a professor on this topic a few years ago. I can't remember the exact conclusion, but I seem to remember thinking that the system would still work.

The navigation messages are sent at only 50 bits per second, so obviously you want to use those bits as efficiently as possible. You therefore model everything you can so you can reserve those bits for the things you can't model, e.g., random atomic clock and satellite position variations.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »
If the powers that be can brainwash people into thinking the globe earth is real they can brainwash people to believe 9/11 was committed by a bunch of ignorant goat herders. 

So you're a conspiracy theorist AND a racist. Why doesn't that surprise me.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2016, 01:02:42 PM »
If the powers that be can brainwash people into thinking the globe earth is real they can brainwash people to believe 9/11 was committed by a bunch of ignorant goat herders. 

So you're a conspiracy theorist AND a racist. Why doesn't that surprise me.
Crank magnetism at its finest.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Northern Lurker

• Earth
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

Before the 9/11 hijackings almost always ended landing on an airport and beginning of negotiations. During negotiations women and children would be released as sign of good will and the rest are exchanged in small groups for food and drink. So doing what hijackers told was safest bet.

During 9/11 passangers of UA 93 found out about flying into WTC and Pentagon and attacked hijackers. Plane crashed on a field without additional victims.

Post 9/11 passangers know obeying hijackers mean death. There has been several cases where drunk/mentally ill/panicked passangers have tried to open plane door and been jumped by other passangers. At least one case led to death by suffocation. Only successfull hijackings since then have been done by cockpit crew (ET 702, Germanwings 9525, possibly MH307).