Author Topic: Where is hunchbacked?  (Read 10202 times)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Where is hunchbacked?
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »
Anybody else noticed that Hunchbacked hasn't posted anything on his Youtube channel for 3 months now?

I hope the guy is all right. He may be thoroughly delusional but he kinda grows on you after a while.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Where is hunchbacked?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:01:50 AM »
Anybody else noticed that Hunchbacked hasn't posted anything on his Youtube channel for 3 months now?

I hope the guy is all right. He may be thoroughly delusional but he kinda grows on you after a while.

Yes, I hope he is fine. He's certainly less vitriolic when challenged. He certainly is not acquiescent, but he does have an endearing manner when presenting his counter claims.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:38:58 AM »

There is always hope... maybe he finally (for whatever reasons) understood reality, and is now ashamed of his previous beliefs.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »
He hasn't posted any videos, but I've seen some comments from him that are only a month old.  Also, he seem to have gotten distracted from moon-hoaxology by creationism and JFK bashing.

Maybe he's finally running out of material - his last few videos appeared to me to be rehashes of some of his earlier stuff.

I, too, hope he's OK. There's just something appealing about someone so serenely confident in his total lack of comprehension of... well, you can pretty much name any branch of the physical sciences and he's had a bash at it.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
And yet when it comes to creationism we're on the same side. Can't say that about anything else.

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 04:28:10 PM »
I posted a message in his discussion area that hunchbacked was so anti-NASA that he'd prefer to cut his own tongue out rather then admit the Hubble images were real or words to that effect. I noticed a week later my post had been deleted. The only comment about Hubble I ever got out of him was that he had no opinion about it.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 05:13:01 PM »
Hmm - apparently, he has unblocked me from his channel.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
Hmm - apparently, he has unblocked me from his channel.

Idem dito.

I wonder why...

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 12:50:21 PM »
Maybe he's bored, too.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
Well, I think I have taken one for the team...

Hunchbacked has posted a new YT video (I'll not dignify it with a link), and I sat through all 22 minutes of it - it was literally a struggle not to fall asleep at some points.

Nothing new to see here. Literally nothing, which I found kind of disappointing because hunchy usually comes up with something original even though ridiculous.  He drags out the VAB, the 'C' rock, invisible stars, shadow angles, and even invokes the work of Jack White.

Unless you have insomnia, it's truly safe to skip this one.

"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »
I got a response to my PM a few days ago. He said he'd been very sick but had recovered.

Regardless of how misguided he may be about Apollo, nobody deserves to be sick. I'm glad he's physically well, though it would be even better if he'd get a clue...

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 11:38:14 PM »
I got a response to my PM a few days ago. He said he'd been very sick but had recovered.

Regardless of how misguided he may be about Apollo, nobody deserves to be sick. I'm glad he's physically well, though it would be even better if he'd get a clue...
I'm glad to hear that he's better.  He's probably the one HB I feel any affection for. Granted, it's the special affection one has for a mentally challenged child, but affection for all that...

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
Every time I see this thread title, I think of the children's chant "Where Is Thumbkin?"  Which I guess means I remember it well enough to sing it for Simon?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates