Author Topic: interview Neil Armstrong at Buffini 2002  (Read 6816 times)

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
interview Neil Armstrong at Buffini 2002
« on: September 21, 2015, 03:39:05 PM »
Some folks directed me to my own YouTube channel and to this great interview. I posted it in 2013.
I almost forgot all about it. I watched it again and I must admit my eyes were getting a little wet.
Enjoy.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: interview Neil Armstrong at Buffini 2002
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »
Aww that's great.

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »
Clearly faked, as we all know Armstrong refused to ever talk about the moon landings ;)

Great interview, cracked me up at 7 minutes!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »
Clearly faked, as we all know Armstrong refused to ever talk about the moon landings

Great interview, cracked me up at 7 minutes!  ;D ;D ;D
You beat me to that.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »
Finally got back to a high speed connection and watched the video.  Good interview and cracking jokes about a serious subject.  I like his comment on the end, he wanted to make the world a little better.  Very classy statement from a "reserved guy". :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »

Very classy statement from a "reserved guy". :)

Yes, you're right, though. Armstrong was a very quiet, low profiled, highly intelligent, extremely capable, articulate man who did the USA proud as an unofficial, international ambassador of American sixties en seventies values. Very disciplined, kept himself contained in the face of unimaginable invasive, intrusive crowds demanding his attention. All he ever wanted was to fly. The limelight to him was what limelight truly is, a load of unwanted, useless baggage.

Armstrong was a different being, not better or worse, just different. The way he dealt with the pressure was to come back into society and keep a low profile. He managed to be a college professor soon after retiring from NASA and tried to hold a normal balanced lifestyle. He was incredibly protective of his family and his privacy!
I have also heard he was influenced by Lindbergh (his advice on fame and how to handle it).

How could someone like Armstrong not want to be interviewed and be in 'the public eye'?
Well he was born in the thirties in a less material world which did not see fame as the 'be all and end all' of life, I guess.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »
Finally got back to a high speed connection and watched the video.  Good interview and cracking jokes about a serious subject.  I like his comment on the end, he wanted to make the world a little better.  Very classy statement from a "reserved guy". :)
Had not seen that one before. Watched it and enjoyed it.

But it left a burr under my saddle.

Armstrong has left a trail of interviews, public appearances, speaking engagements and so forth over the decades, yet HB types continue to claim that he went into hiding in 1969 and hasn't been seen since. It matters not a whit that his activities are publicly documented and recorded. Oh, except when they want to cite that layers of truth crap. That's the only public engagement they will remotely acknowledge. And lie about.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »

Armstrong has left a trail of interviews, public appearances, speaking engagements and so forth over the decades, yet HB types continue to claim that he went into hiding in 1969 and hasn't been seen since. It matters not a whit that his activities are publicly documented and recorded. Oh, except when they want to cite that layers of truth crap. That's the only public engagement they will remotely acknowledge. And lie about.
Wasn't there a YT that attempted to "judge" his body language inferring that he was lying?
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:59 PM »

Wasn't there a YT that attempted to "judge" his body language inferring that he was lying?
Rene again, I think.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »
Rene again, I think.
That may be right, he was a wannbe physists, wannbe engineer, wannbe psychologist etc. etc.
Eugene Cernan