Off Topic > General Discussion

Richard Branson

<< < (12/12)

JayUtah:

--- Quote from: Glom on October 13, 2021, 04:22:19 PM ---Relax. He survived.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but I would have been a lot happier about it if the ground crew had put on fake goatees (a la "Mirror, Mirror") for when he got back.  Or Planet of the Apes masks.  You can see where I'm going with this, I don't need to fill in the details.

molesworth:

--- Quote from: JayUtah on October 13, 2021, 09:21:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Glom on October 13, 2021, 04:22:19 PM ---Relax. He survived.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but I would have been a lot happier about it if the ground crew had put on fake goatees (a la "Mirror, Mirror") for when he got back.  Or Planet of the Apes masks.  You can see where I'm going with this, I don't need to fill in the details.

--- End quote ---

There were a lot of fun images / memes posted before launch, e.g.

jfb:
Dude's 90 and he looks like someone in their late '60s.  He's going to live to be like 110 years old or something. 

I saw the short video BO released - after a couple of genuine "wow"s, he stayed glued to the window while everyone else was bouncing around. 

No, it's not orbit, but it's not nothing, either. 

Zakalwe:

--- Quote from: jfb on October 14, 2021, 10:17:08 AM ---Dude's 90 and he looks like someone in their late '60s.  He's going to live to be like 110 years old or something. 

I saw the short video BO released - after a couple of genuine "wow"s, he stayed glued to the window while everyone else was bouncing around. 

No, it's not orbit, but it's not nothing, either.

--- End quote ---

The conversation that he had with Bezos afterwards was very touching. You could see that he was moved to tears by the experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version