Author Topic: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"  (Read 37902 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2015, 03:31:40 PM »
Well we never actually chatted about Apollo until last night.  There wasn't much of the conspiracy stuff going around when he was growing up.  It never seemed likely that he would have doubts.  I was crestfallen, but at least I have an understanding and hopefully turn him form the "dark side" so to speak.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »
Honestly, I would have thought it cooler it was true, but I was a space nut as a kid.

I know.  I try hard to see where other people are coming from, even when I disagree with them, but this attitude is utterly beyond my comprehension.  Maybe they think real life should be like a movie or TV? 

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »
I know.  I try hard to see where other people are coming from, even when I disagree with them, but this attitude is utterly beyond my comprehension.  Maybe they think real life should be like a movie or TV?
This how the HB's snare the unsuspecting with the seductive claims.  Coupled with the general lack of trust/faith in the "system" can lead to unknowledgeable beliefs.   Besides I speculate that a lot of those that voice these beliefs are they themselves seeking ego boosting acknowledgement.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »
Honestly, I would have thought it cooler it was true, but I was a space nut as a kid.

That's one of the dark facets of modern entertainment. While you may recognize you're dealing with fiction, the essential cynicism of the premise - that everything is a conspiracy - can be absorbed without realizing it. The same way many young people internalize that the way to romantic success is dogged determination in the face of refusal, and are bewildered when they end up on the wrong end of a restraining order.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »
I think its basically a reaction to the 'Love at first sight' trope, which can also be unhealthy.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
I think its basically a reaction to the 'Love at first sight' trope, which can also be unhealthy.

Actually, it seems a lot of younger people now believe in "lust at first sight," where sending a total stranger a text that says "wana *$@#?" will result in a fulfilling sexual encounter. They seem most surprised when it doesn't.

At least proper spelling, grammar and punctuation might improve their chances.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »

Actually, it seems a lot of younger people now believe in "lust at first sight," where sending a total stranger a text that says "wana *$@#?" will result in a fulfilling sexual encounter. They seem most surprised when it doesn't.

At least proper spelling, grammar and punctuation might improve their chances.
Lust at first site indeed.  Too bad IRL, it doesn't work that way.  But we hope all of our fantasies work out, right?
Eugene Cernan

Offline DonQuixote

• Venus
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »
You mean that you haven't submitted your "donation" to JW's flight around the moon? ::)

Surely I'm not alone in hoping some mega-rich contributors get wind of this and actually fund it, if for no other reason than giving us an opportunity to turn the tables and claim he hoaxed his own trip. It would be nice to give him a taste of the exasperation guys like Buzz and the other astronauts have to experience when confronted with such audacious stupidity.
You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can not make him think.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »
You could put down 100 million to reserve a spot from Space Adventures>

http://www.space.com/7866-moon-tourism-2020-entrepreneurs-predict.html
Eugene Cernan

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »

That's one of the dark facets of modern entertainment. While you may recognize you're dealing with fiction, the essential cynicism of the premise - that everything is a conspiracy - can be absorbed without realizing it. The same way many young people internalize that the way to romantic success is dogged determination in the face of refusal, and are bewildered when they end up on the wrong end of a restraining order.

I think you have nailed it. 

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »

Just as an aside, I wonder whether there might be another factor at play here - the go-getting principle that it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2015, 08:07:17 PM »

Just as an aside, I wonder whether there might be another factor at play here - the go-getting principle that it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.
Boy that didn't work with some of my micro management styles that I have been around.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »

I went back to this video this morning, been at it for about 4 hours, a couple of aspects lack a definition to me.  at 33:30 he talks about rings on the PLSS and his "research" didn't find any evidence of their existence.  Well that took all of a few minutes to disprove.  https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/plss02.jpg  My question to those more closely associated with the PLSS, what were the rings used Hanging in the LM?  Certainly not supporting wires as Jet insinuates.

Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »

I went back to this video this morning, been at it for about 4 hours, a couple of aspects lack a definition to me.  at 33:30 he talks about rings on the PLSS and his "research" didn't find any evidence of their existence.  Well that took all of a few minutes to disprove.  https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/plss02.jpg  My question to those more closely associated with the PLSS, what were the rings used Hanging in the LM?  Certainly not supporting wires as Jet insinuates.

Barring the fact that this loon claims to be the re-incarnation of the Holy Spirit, those are anchor points for the outer covering IIRC.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »

Barring the fact that this loon claims to be the re-incarnation of the Holy Spirit, those are anchor points for the outer covering IIRC.
Go to the video at that time, the rings are on the outside, perhaps there is a split were the rings protrude?

My bolding in his opinion
Eugene Cernan