Author Topic: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)  (Read 91738 times)

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
Re: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
It's the Earth icon between the PM and Profile icons.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
Thanks, Chew.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:36 AM »
One of your art pieces has this quote from Julian Assange;
Learn how the world works.  Challenge the statements, actions and intentions of those who seek to control us behind the facades of democracy and monarchy.

Is that the framework for your beliefs about the Apollo missions?  If you mean to be questioning authority, you are not doing that.  Apollo is not a fact because the government says it is.  It is a fact because there is a vast array of physical evidence and documentation that clearly supports the conclusion that the missions were real.  Denial of historical facts is not challenging authority. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:38:24 AM by Echnaton »

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »
It's the Earth icon between the PM and Profile icons.

Thanks...I did not know that...

...and "ouch" for my last post. :)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »
Gee...I'm me ...Albert Sellaman ...check my web site on my profile...I'm not alexsanchez.  >:(

Very well, that seems fair enough to take on its face.  Want to explain how you concluded that alexsanchez was a qualified engineer and that his critics weren't?  For example, do you know him?  Do you yourself know anything about engineering such that you would be able to tell when someone is really speaking from expertise or whether he is just faking it?

Look at it from our point of view.  Someone shows up here, claims to be an engineer, makes classic layman's mistakes instead, and upon solely that basis of claims to expertise tries to tell the world that the most well-studied feat in aeronautical engineering was a hoax.  Then someone else shows up a very short time later and abruptly does almost nothing but to endorse the previous poster's claim to expertise.  If you take a step back, isn't that something you yourself would consider ripe for a challenge?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »
I'm glad to see qualified engineers like alexsanchez here putting forth proof that the Apollo Lunar Landing was a hoax. And to see an entire forum questioning the truth about fake Apollo Lunar Landing. Keep up the good work guys !

A wild HB appears! The plot thickens.

/Waits intently
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:40:04 PM by Inanimate Carbon Rod »
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
Albert, would you be so kind as to tell us:

1. What *your* background in engineering/space (or any) science/any related discipline is?

2. What, in your opinion, is the very best, most compelling piece of evidence that Apollo was faked?

3. Are you willing to discuss/debate that compelling evidence in a logical fashion, using cites, references and proper analysis?

4. Have you ever been (badly) wrong, and acknowledged it?

I'm happy to answer all those questions first, if you like.

Offline Halcyon Dayz, FCD

• Earth
  • Contrarian's Contrarian
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
One of your art pieces has this quote from Julian Assange;
Learn how the world works.  Challenge the statements, actions and intentions of those who seek to control us behind the facades of democracy and monarchy.

Is that the framework for your beliefs about the Apollo missions?  If you mean to be questioning authority, you are not doing that.  Apollo is not a fact because the government says it is.  It is a fact because there is a vast array of physical evidence and documentation that clearly supports the conclusion that the missions were real.  Denial of historical facts is not challenging authority.
Considering that the average hoaxie seems to mindlessly believe any patent nonsense and the biggest falsehoods as long as they are presented on garish websites with an anti-establishment smell "saving the sheeple" is exactly what we are trying to do here.

They're just sheeple of a different colour than the regular ones.

And indeed, attacking the Ebil Gubmint(tm) on the one thing they prolly didn't do is an effective way to marginalise yourself.
Now here's a juicy Conspiracy Theory for you: the more outrageous CTs are invented and promoted by Gubmint agents to lead the bewildered but angry masses on a wild goose chase, effectively neutralising them as politically relevant.

[/not serious]
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »
Considering that the average hoaxie seems to mindlessly believe any patent nonsense and the biggest falsehoods as long as they are presented on garish websites with an anti-establishment smell

I have this picture of a hoax believer, that they imagine themselves to be like Assange, except for the part where he actually goes out and to do the work needed to show what specific things governments are hiding.  And also the part where he has to live in one room at the Ecuadorian embassy. 

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2013, 01:34:14 AM »
Indeed. Teaching is a two way endeavour. If you are too ignorant or incompetent to understand the answers, it is not entirely the teacher's fault.
Especially when the student, for whatever reason, is determined to remain willfully ignorant and denies that he understands the answers even when he does.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:36:49 AM by ka9q »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2013, 07:57:03 AM »
I have no clue how a lunar rendezvous is achieved?  Either does NASA.

Your inability to work it out makes no difference to what happened or not. Your ignorance does not mean that everyone in the world is also as ignorant.

Also, is it your contention that an orbital rendezvous is impossible? Or just that a Lunar orbital rendezvous is impossible?

If orbital rendezvous was (in your opinion) impossible, is it still now impossible? If so, please explain the Space Shuttle rendezvousing with satellites? Also explain the Hubble repair missions. And the ISS?? What about the Russian space program and MIR? Are SpaceX also faking it with their Dragon capsule?

If orbital rendezvous was impossible at the time of the Apollo program, then please explain the Gemini rendezvous missions. Or are you also contending that the Gemini program was also a fake? If so, explain the launches and the Agena target vehicle launches. You will also have to explain the Apollo/Soyuz rendezvous and Skylab. When DID orbital rendezvous become possible in your version of history????

If it is your contention that Earth orbital rendezvous is possible but Lunar orbital rendezvous is impossible, then please explain why. What is unique about rendezvousing around the Moon that only applies there (apart from the obvious distance from Earth and the difference in orbited bodies).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:22:07 AM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2013, 08:24:19 AM »
If orbital rendezvous was impossible at the time of the Apollo program, then please explain the Gemini rendezvous missions. Or are you also contending that the Gemini program was also a fake? If so, explain the launches and the Agena target vehicle launches. You will also have to explain the Apollo/Soyuz rendezvous and Skylab. When DID orbital rendezvous become possible in your version of history????

Don't forget that the Soviets performed their first true rendezvous in October 1968 (Soyuz 3 with unmanned Soyuz 2).  And the joint Soyuz 4/5 mission performed the first docking of two piloted spacecraft in January 1969.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »

Don't forget that the Soviets performed their first true rendezvous in October 1968 (Soyuz 3 with unmanned Soyuz 2).  And the joint Soyuz 4/5 mission performed the first docking of two piloted spacecraft in January 1969.

Of course.
I wasn't implying that this was an exhaustive list.

Here's an interesting thought...why does the HB bandwagon tend to focus on the US space program? They never seem to claim that the Soviet's program was faked. If anyone had the government clout to fake anything, it was the Soviets.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
I think in great part to the fact the information is not so readily flowing for it. Look at how no (or nearly no) HB approaches ASTP or Skylab with the same fury as they do Apollo. The video downlinks are to be found but not collected in one place like ALSJ or AFJ. In the case of SL and ASTP the vehicles were identical to those used on Apollo, yet there is very little "hoaxery" mentioned.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »
anyhow you can't always believe what you see on TV and I "saw" the moon landing on TV.....hahahah.....

So, if I turn on the weather channel, and it says it's cold out today, I should wear my flipflops?

I think this shows the typical conspiracist mindset - it doesn't matter what the topic is, if it's "mainstream," they will immediately doubt it, because that makes them feel so much smarter than everyone else.

Sellaman, do you believe everything you read on internet message boards? If not, why do you believe that alexsanchez has any engineering credentials at all? If you believe he does, what evidence do you base this on, other than he supports a conspiracy theory that appeals to you?