Author Topic: Half arguments and problems for the hoax  (Read 29676 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: Half arguments and problems for the hoax
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »
Well, to be pedantic about it, Orion has already flown on EFT-1, and beyond low Earth orbit. 

And will fly around the Moon, if all goes... well, we'll see if 2018 holds.

But, yeah, it will be good to see people go that far.
No matter what language or accent they use, I'd love to see people on the moon again. The 16mm footage is about the best moving images we got so far of the moon, but modern HD would be gorgeous!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »
Well, to be pedantic about it, Orion has already flown on EFT-1, and beyond low Earth orbit. 

Yes that is what I was meaning, manned missions.  I am looking forward to the unmanned mission scheduled for 2018, unless something(s) occur to delay it longer.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2016, 05:05:01 PM »
I was watching one of my Xmas presents yesterday -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00264GAZM?keywords=sky%20at%20night%20apollo%2011%20night%20to%20remember&qid=1456696974&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_1&sr=8-1-fkmr0

It has what seems to be unedited footage of the Apollo 11 landing and a sizeable chunk of the EVA, all of which seems to be 'as broadcast' on the night. Good ol' BBC.

So if anyone wants some genuine footage to counter the messed-with, edited, second-hand stuff that Team Hoax thrives on, this might be a good place to start. 

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2016, 07:16:35 PM »

Yes that is what I was meaning, manned missions.  I am looking forward to the unmanned mission scheduled for 2018, unless something(s) occur to delay it longer.

That bothers me a little, the fact that they want to send Orion to the moon unmanned first before sending a manned mission. You just know what The Stupidati will say...

"Aha! NASA claims to have put men on the moon 6 times, nearly 50 years ago, and now when they finally do go, no astronots will be board. This just proves what we've been saying all along; the van Allen belts are a searing radiation hell and NASA don't know how to deal with it."
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »

That bothers me a little, the fact that they want to send Orion to the moon unmanned first before sending a manned mission. You just know what The Stupidati will say...

"Aha! NASA claims to have put men on the moon 6 times, nearly 50 years ago, and now when they finally do go, no astronots will be board. This just proves what we've been saying all along; the van Allen belts are a searing radiation hell and NASA don't know how to deal with it."

That may be true, however it is a testing phase mission checking out the systems. NASA doesn't consider the CT arguments in their actions.  But I agree with your assessment.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2016, 07:51:49 PM »
Eh, the Saturn V and CSM were both sent into the Van Allen belts with Apollo 4. New vehicle with a new, longer term mission and new hardware (including new electronics that are more susceptible to radiation compared to Apollo). Whatever the ignorants think, doing unmanned testing makes perfect sense.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2016, 08:19:29 PM »
Eh, the Saturn V and CSM were both sent into the Van Allen belts with Apollo 4. New vehicle with a new, longer term mission and new hardware (including new electronics that are more susceptible to radiation compared to Apollo). Whatever the ignorants think, doing unmanned testing makes perfect sense.

I know that, and you know that and I expect everyone here (other that our "friends") will know that, but do you really expect The Stupidati to actually do some research?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:53:44 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
I know that, and you know that and I expect everyone here (other that our "friends") will know that, but do you really expect The Stupidati to actually do some research?
Well, there's the rub, because if they did do research, they wouldn't be The Stupidati, unless they're hoax mongers, who I define as those, such Bart SIbrel and David Percy, who are willing to lie and make knowingly false claims in order to push whatever product they're selling.