Author Topic: Trump will win?  (Read 63340 times)

Offline sts60

• Mars
Re: Trump will win?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
I saw this:

Offline Luther

• Venus
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 05:25:05 PM »
You just had to go and Godwin the thread, didn't you? >:( ;)

Here in the free world, we speak our minds.  I understand that not everyone can do that.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
You just had to go and Godwin the thread, didn't you? >:( ;)

Here in the free world, we speak our minds.  I understand that not everyone can do that.
Relax, I was kidding, and feigning anger, hence the winking smiley face at the end of my post.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 07:42:51 PM »
If it helps, my state's flag has a really big picture of our namesake on it.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 07:55:37 PM »
I saw this:

I endorse that image!

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »
I cant believe anyone thinks EITHER of them would make a good President, party or ideological affiliation bedamned.

Well, one of them is supportive of giving money to science, has consistently called for greater access to health care for the poor, and wants to get corporate money out of elections.  She's not perfect, but yes, I think she's going to make a fine President.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2016, 08:05:41 PM »
I saw this:

I endorse that image!

I'm a teetotaler these days, but I can get behind that, lol!

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2016, 04:57:49 AM »
If it helps, my state's flag has a really big picture of our namesake on it.
It's one of the lazier designs. Slap the state seal, a fairly dull one at that, on a plain background.

Maryland's is the most interesting. Ohio is good because it doesn't have a rectangular shape.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2016, 11:46:20 AM »
Oh, Maryland is definitely my favourite state flag.  Not a huge fan of California's flag, which doesn't make sense unless you happen to know a brief and obscure incident in state history.  I know it, because I took California history from an outstanding teacher, but few others do.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2016, 06:34:23 PM »
Yeah, a whole lot of people who have spent their lives in California have no idea what the flag means. I was never taught about it in school, I learned through my own personal studies.

Then again, it's possible I wasn't paying attention when they did teach it, lol!

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »
Check out Geography Hub in YouTube. There's a video about state flags.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2016, 08:41:36 PM »
Oh, Maryland is definitely my favourite state flag.
My home state. I have always thought it was one of the more distinctive and colorful flags. It certainly stands out in a collection.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2016, 12:31:57 PM »
Yeah, a whole lot of people who have spent their lives in California have no idea what the flag means. I was never taught about it in school, I learned through my own personal studies.

Then again, it's possible I wasn't paying attention when they did teach it, lol!

My high school California history teacher wrote her own curriculum, because the textbook we were expected to use (in the 1992-1993 school year) didn't know the results of the Korean War.  I'm not sure if the textbook would have told us the origin of the flag or not.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »

My high school California history teacher wrote her own curriculum, because the textbook we were expected to use (in the 1992-1993 school year) didn't know the results of the Korean War.  I'm not sure if the textbook would have told us the origin of the flag or not.

High school history texts are the worst.

I graduated in '88 in Glenn County,  I imagine my texts were (much) earlier editions of the same ones you had. Unfortunately I never had a decent history instructor, but I was a voracious reader and I've always loved history. I did a lot of studying that had nothing to do with school.  At least one of those classes I'm still convinced I knew more than my teacher lol!

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »

Technically we still don't. The state of war still exists.