Author Topic: Oh lord show me the truth....  (Read 19958 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Oh lord show me the truth....
« on: April 28, 2014, 05:52:23 PM »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Oh lord show me the truth....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »
"...and produced films shown on ABC, NBC, CNN, TLC, USA, BET, as well as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

I'm assuming he means the video of Buzz Aldrin punching him. That was probably shown on every network. ;)
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:19:10 PM »
Good grief....

http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/conspiracy-corner/#

I couldn't continue reading after this bit because the coffee I was drinking was sprayed all over the monitor...

"Bart Sibrel is an award winning filmmaker!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:55:58 AM »
I'm still struggling to find which films he has won awards for. All I have so far is that convicted criminal Sibrel has been told that his youtube videos were just lovely from an organisation that basically tells the people who pay them money to join that their youtube videos were just lovely.

All shall win prizes...

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 05:05:47 AM »
Maybe he's struggeling to sell his DVD, and need the cash?
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »
"Brother Bart"?

"Brother Bart's Conspiracy Channel"?

Ugh. Poe's Law strikes again.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
What's the bet that, as his religious belief systems become clear, he turns out to be a YEC?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »
What's the bet that, as his religious belief systems become clear, he turns out to be a YEC?

There may be clues from this 'co-written' song:

http://sibrel.com/sibrel/secretplace.swf?width=640&height=515

I advise caution. And anti-nausea tablets,

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
"...and produced films shown on ABC, NBC, CNN, TLC, USA, BET, as well as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

I'm assuming he means the video of Buzz Aldrin punching him. That was probably shown on every network. ;)

The Tonight Show is on NBC.  I know he's trying to add an extra layer of bragging--what, no Daily Show?--but that bothers me.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »

Crikey, you've just reminded me that I haven't watched that video in ages. I'm now in need of a fix.  :P
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
YEC?

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »
YEC  = Young Earth Creationist.  A pretty safe bet for BS.  I expect he is touting an impending Apocalypse too. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:49:40 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »
YEC  = Young Earth Creationist.  A pretty safe bet for BS.
Maybe superficially, but given that he has outright lied in his videos, I think he just does this for the money, ironically making him a true shill.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 05:39:28 PM »
YEC  = Young Earth Creationist.  A pretty safe bet for BS.
Maybe superficially, but given that he has outright lied in his videos, I think he just does this for the money, ironically making him a true shill.

More than superficially I think. Being a supposed YEC would give him a whole new vista of imagined conspiracies to get into....

► Evolution is a scam, perpetrated by the world's mainstream zoologists 
► Plate tectonics is a conspiracy that all the world's mainstream geologists are in on
► Dinosaurs are all hoaxes by mainstream palaeontologists the world over

I'm sure others can think of more, but those are the highlights!!