Author Topic: Our friend Hunchbacked is back  (Read 19548 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Our friend Hunchbacked is back
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »
Not just spatially challenged but mathematically challenged. You can verify everything with a little trigonometry, but evidently he thinks that's another NASA conspiracy.

Pythagoras was on the NASA payroll?
But of course, why didn't I think of that ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 07:49:51 AM »
Despite his persistence with long  debunked arguments, Hunchbacked is the most reasonable of CTs. I don't think I have seen him throw insults around. He's actually quite a pleasant individual and quite refreshing compared to the usual offerings.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »
This video has been removed by the user.. funny that!  :o
Wow! I suppose I should have grabbed a copy while I could.

This isn't totally unprecedented, though. On occasion he has pulled a video in which I've pointed out a major blunder, only for it to go back up later with minor revisions of the form "although all my evidence of fakery was utter nonsense, that's no reason to change my conclusions!"

And sometimes he'll put it back up unmodified. Probably his easiest way to purge a whole bunch of highly critical comments.
Rather like kill the mesenger
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »
Despite his persistence with long  debunked arguments, Hunchbacked is the most reasonable of CTs. I don't think I have seen him throw insults around. He's actually quite a pleasant individual and quite refreshing compared to the usual offerings.
I have to agree with this. He also performs his own (highly flawed) analyses of Apollo technology instead of just parroting the usual claims about no stars, von Braun in Antarctica, etc.

But man, is he stubborn.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »
Looks like Tarkus isn't the only one who has a problem with that DISCOVR sequence showing the moon transiting the earth last July. Our friend Hunchbacked/Inquisitivemind does too:

There's good reason why the two are having the same problems. I suspected very early that tarkus in fact is hunchbacked. Lots of indicies points to it - in my opinion.
Did hunbacked keep changing the goalposts, or re-directing to a different subject?
Eugene Cernan

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »
I have to agree with this. He also performs his own (highly flawed) analyses of Apollo technology instead of just parroting the usual claims about no stars, von Braun in Antarctica, etc.

But man, is he stubborn.

He isn't so polite if you  corner him on his deliberate deceptions, i.e. his video claiming footage of Apollo 9 was footage of 16 really in Earth orbit,  misrepresenting Apollo footage timestamps, deliberatly speeding video up to make his case, posting 3 totally different versions of his degree as an Aerospace Engineer and claiming it's the same document.  He gets nasty when you demand explanations, lol.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:10:14 PM by DD Brock »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »
He isn't so polite if you  corner him on his deliberate deceptions, i.e. his video claiming footage of Apollo 9 was footage of 16 really in Earth orbit,  misrepresenting Apollo footage timestamps, deliberatly speeding video up to make his case, posting 3 totally different versions of his degree as an Aerospace Engineer and claiming it's the same document.  He gets nasty when you demand explanations, lol.

I've never seen that side of him. In fact, I've seen many ad hominen attacks on his videos and he has handled his attackers with dignity.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate nasty (10 being Jarrah White being full flow)?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 01:26:43 PM »

I've never seen that side of him. In fact, I've seen many ad hominen attacks on his videos and he has handled his attackers with dignity.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate nasty (10 being Jarrah White being full flow)?

Pretty mild, maybe a 6 at his nastiest. He thinks I'm a CIA shill, lolz. He got tired of me, I'm blocked now.

To be fair, I've relentlessly hounded him about that stuff, he honestly has good reason to dislike me. I despise liars, though.

He's got a new youtube  sockpuppet , Aerospace Engineer. AE  has appeared in some of Hunchie's newer videos to offer his "professional endorsement" to Hunchie's claims.

In a stunning coincidence, AE has  uploaded a number of videos that are similair and in some cases IDENTICAL to Hunchbacked's work. Weird, right? He was also using the logo of the school Hunchie claimed to be a graduate of.  It's a small, small world, lmao!

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »

Talking of jarrah, he now has a new career interviewing vending machines.. :D :D

"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »

Talking of jarrah, he now has a new career interviewing vending machines.. :D :D

He'll be outwitted..

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »

Isn't Jarrah an 11?
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
He'll be outwitted..

Excuse me while I wipe coffee from my laptop screen.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
It's truly amazing how he'll keep pounding on the same misconceptions literally for years.

He still claims the LM ascent stage was deliberately imbalanced, even though it's been patiently explained many times that fuel and oxidizer have different densities so asymmetric tanks were needed to balance them.

He still can't understand that core rope memory (the read-only memory in the Apollo Guidance Computer) operates on a fundamentally different principle than the more common read-write core memory with which he was familiar.

Hunchbacked perfectly illustrates why I take the time to debunk hoaxers, even though they (almost) never admit their mistakes. Showing why the LM ascent tanks are asymmetric was trivial, but it took me a little longer to understand exactly how core rope memory worked. Although it's obsolete today, I was impressed with the cleverness of the design and how it overcame the limited technology of the day. I almost always learn something even though he never does.
Is this the video you are describing? Not being an EE I was lost through all the video and for a non EE it sounds like it makes sense.  Of course his proposition is defeated by the fact the AGC worked at least 16 times, not counting A7
Eugene Cernan

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »
Can some kind person sum up what his problem with core-rope memory is? I'm not up for suffering through his grating voice while waiting for him to get to the point.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 06:15:02 PM »
From what I gathered, there are too many wires for sensing and nullifying, then he transistors and amplifiers are  all wrong..
That is the best I can do
Eugene Cernan