Author Topic: Change'e 3/Yutu  (Read 26258 times)

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
Change'e 3/Yutu
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:29:16 AM »
Have any nutters started coming out of the wood work yet?  There were a few about the Shenzhou spacewalk.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
Re: Change'e 3/Yutu
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
As a rule of thumb, based on previous experiences, expect CTs to appear the moment CT-mongers become aware of it, which may or may not be the moment the despised "mainstream media" starts giving it coverage. :) A second candidate moment is when those pesky "debunkers" start using it in their arguments.

The Chinese spacewalk is a bit of a special case, as it originally had a large ideological component - it was given air by the Epoch Times, which has a heavy anti-PRC bias. Once started, such things gain a life of their own. It's still worth checking how the ET will cover it, though. :) May be worth a cheap laugh or two.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »
There has been the start of hoax theories not 1 hour after launch. BUT get a load of this: one critic on our mate JW's YT site has claimed that the chinese probe will proooove Apollo fake because the video will be different, as will the approach, orbit and landing. No doubts the probe will be legit, but at the cost of making Apollo fake at all costs.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
Have any nutters started coming out of the wood work yet? 

For the most part it seems to me that most professional conspiracists have moved past the subject, and the regular nutters have to wait for one of their experts before they know what to "think for themselves"

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
...and the regular nutters have to wait for one of their experts before they know what to "think for themselves"

What an excellent summary of conspiracy thinking!
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline slaver0110

• Mercury
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »
I came across a couple of the flight vids at LiveLeak; one of the lander-sep, and the other of the earth rotating into view shortly after.  In the context of this thread, I imagine that the more prominent HB accusations (in light of videos like these) will be along the lines of the ever-popular, "I can't see any stars...Fake!!"

Link to the vids: http://www.liveleak.com/view?I=caf_1385973960&comments=1

Cheers!!!

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »
I came across a couple of the flight vids at LiveLeak; one of the lander-sep, and the other of the earth rotating into view shortly after.  In the context of this thread, I imagine that the more prominent HB accusations (in light of videos like these) will be along the lines of the ever-popular, "I can't see any stars...Fake!!"
Yeah, especially when the camera on the 3rd stage was looking directly at the sun immediately after separation. The English language commentators didn't seem very well informed; they thought they were seeing a burn of the lander's engine. If so, it went on for a very long time.

This was probably not a coincidence, it was probably to put the sun on the solar panels of the lander.

I do expect a few hoaxers to 1) discover that the first two stages of the Long March 3B are hypergolic and 2) point to this video as "proof" that the hypergolic plumes of the LM should have been visible. Never mind that this launch occurred at night.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 04:23:39 AM »
So far I have seen one nutter on FB has claimed that it is just edited Apollo footage.  So the Chinese mission is faked but Apollo was real.  Reminds me of someone here, more of an anti-Chinese rather than an anti-space agenda.  The guy disappeared after that, so I did not get to ask which Apollo mission showed that particular crater we see Yutu next too, and which Apollo mission landed on Mare Imbrium from a polar orbit.

Anyway, a fantastic achievement by the Chinese, it's great to see the lunar surface again, from the surface.  It's been too long.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:06:32 AM »
So have the nutter in question tell us exactly what Apollo footage was used to "fake" the new Chinese images. It's all available on line, he should have no trouble finding it.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 06:10:19 AM »
So have the nutter in question tell us exactly what Apollo footage was used to "fake" the new Chinese images. It's all available on line, he should have no trouble finding it.

He disappeared before I could ask this.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »
He's back, so I did, specifically I said which frames or he's making it up.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »
I noted with some amusement that one of the publicity videos (I believe linked from CNN) showed a simulation of the lander touchdown - with dust billowing up around it.   Clearly, the computer used to produce the animation was on Earth!

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »
I'm glad too to see humanity back on the Moon's surface. I hope it's the sign of things to come.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »

I'm glad too to see humanity back on the Moon's surface. I hope it's the sign of things to come.

So am I, although I must admit that I'm not happy that my country squandered it's lead years ago.  Not jingoism on my part, but the fact that the U.S. has become a nation of risk-averse lotus eaters.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »
He's back, so I did, specifically I said which frames or he's making it up.

As to be expected he had nothing but abuse, the group moderator later deleted to thread as a waste of space (and rightly)