Author Topic: Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...  (Read 29208 times)

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
Re: Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
"Astro-nots"? Oookay.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:33 PM »
As for Armstrong not seeing stars.... From the mission transcripts.. When they entered lunar orbit and went into lunar shadow, he made this comment

071:59:20 Armstrong: Houston, it's been a real change for us. Now we're able to see stars again and recognize constellations for the first time on the trip. It's - the sky is full of stars. Just like the night side of Earth. But all the way here, we've only been able to see stars occasionally and perhaps through the monocular, but not recognize any star patterns.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:04:04 PM by Bryanpoprobson »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:13 PM »

We believe that the astro-nots a laser reflectors were left without a camera pointing at Earth? since the days of Apollo Moon still without an installed camera and transmitted to Earth, is there anything in this a question of cost? Please organize a collection for the poor so NASA can buy a camera because they miss TV transmissions of the fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times.

Covered... http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=699.0
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:40 PM »
"Astro-nots"? Oookay.
I believe I must go change my socks.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »

We believe that the astro-nots a laser reflectors were left without a camera pointing at Earth? since the days of Apollo Moon still without an installed camera and transmitted to Earth, is there anything in this a question of cost? Please organize a collection for the poor so NASA can buy a camera because they miss TV transmissions of the fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times.

There are dozens of cameras in space looking at the earth every hour of every day, and they have been doing it for over fifty years. Weather, earth resources, espionage. What could a camera on the moon do that one in earth orbit couldn't do better?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 04:35:10 PM »
o know that the moon landings were false enough to contrast the statements of astronauts with NASA space agency itself, so when Armstrong denies having seen stars during its journey through space, when Collins supports this statement with your own dose of amnesia, one wonders why NASA said the astronauts were guided by the stars ...
No? Yes?
How many stars can YOU see in daylight? Why were the optics used? You have not a clue, do you?

Anyone who gets on a car and drive along the road to a place far enough away from a big city on a clear, clear, moonless night, will be ecstatic at the spectacle ...
So what? The astronauts were not travelling anywhere on a "clear moonless night" the frakkin moon was right in front of them. Furthermore it was all in daylight. Clear frakkin' daylight from the sun. The only exception was on the farside of the moon and guess what? On the farside they could see stars and reported such.

I can understand that an inhabitant of New York refuses to see the stars, but an astronaut, with the invaluable advantages enjoyed by the lack of atmosphere it says not see the stars? really?
Two fails. Astronaut eyes are no different than any eyes and there is no difference between stars viewed from space than from stars viewed from earth to the human eye.

We believe that the astro-nots a laser reflectors were left without a camera pointing at Earth?
"astro-nots"? give me a break from that kind of failed rhetorical device. Why would they leave a camera pointing at the earth? What purpose would it serve? Wouldn't it have failed long ago?

since the days of Apollo Moon still without an installed camera and transmitted to Earth, is there anything in this a question of cost?
It's a question of purpose. What would be the purpose? To satisfy your incoherent demands? Is it your demand that a camera should have been left? To what end? What would be the scientific value of such a camera? What knowledge would it add? How could you justify such an expenditure? Is it not the case that you are applying arbitrary demands which have NO VALUE AT ALL onto a scientific endeavour just because you want to? Why should NASA agree to those arbitrary demands, given that you claim to be not American, don't live there and contribute no taxes to the effort?

Please organize a collection for the poor so NASA can buy a camera because they miss TV transmissions of the fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times.
NASA currently has no indigenous heavy lift capacity, and so must hitch a ride with the Russians in order to reach the ISS. This does not imply that they have not in the past nor will do so in the future.

I put it to you that you so clearly have no clue what you are talking about that it is obvious to everyone, but you, that all of the crackpot notions you have propounded are complete and abject bovine fecal matter.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 04:36:22 PM »

If I ran the zoo, there would be unicorns and dragons and other fantasy animals.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 05:04:08 PM »
We believe that the astro-nots a laser reflectors....

Care to address the idea you already raised?  Or are you abandoning that point to move to this one?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 05:09:48 PM »
Funny* how someone that is having to use Google Translate to post can so rapidly slip into the childish playground rhetoric favoured by YouTube hoax believers ("astro-nots", " fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times").

Your MO is fairly well known around these parts tarkus- a semi-polite first post that usually contains a half-apology,  normally it along the lines of "I'm just asking questions" or "I was wondering". In your case its a version of "English is not my native language so I might not get this right". The tone rapidly changes to one of arrogance and insults when it is realised that this isn't a place populated by idiots or by people that don't know what they are talking about. It's a much different playground than YT, one populated by grown-ups who will go a long way to help with someone's understanding, but can be scathing when the same tired old hoax beliefs are trotted out. A gish-gallop of posts usually follows in an attempt to avoid having to answer the criticism of the original posts.

I forsee a flounce in your immediate future, tarkus. I'm just not sure whether you will implode in a spittle-flecked tantrum or just quietly disappear once you realise that the beliefs that you are clinging to have been debunked time and time again. Again, this behaviour has been observed many times on here.

Then again, I might be completely incorrect. You might realise that this place is a place where you can actually learn a lot of stuff- stuff that is a million times more intellectually satisfying than watching ridiculous YouTube hoax videos and going "hur-hur-hur. Stupid NASA astro-nots". 

I bet that the former is more likely to happen than the latter though....

*Not really.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:24:56 PM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 05:17:08 PM »
Funny* how someone that is having to use Google Translate to post can so rapidly slip into the childish playground rhetoric favoured by YouTube hoax believers ("astro-nots", " fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times").
<respectful snip for brevity>
This is an interesting thing. It is linguistically unlikely. Is that a term which google recognises? No. Is it a term which we see many times? Why, yes.

What conclusion may we draw from that?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »
o know that the moon landings were false enough to contrast the statements of astronauts with NASA space agency itself, so when Armstrong denies having seen stars during its journey through space, when Collins supports this statement with your own dose of amnesia, one wonders why NASA said the astronauts were guided by the stars ...
No? Yes?

People have beaten me to the punch (frenat), but this is one of the most misquoted parts of the astronauts testimonies. The person who asked the question was no other then Sir Patrick Moore, and he had every reason to ask the question from an astronomical perspective. He asked if they could see 'stars in the solar corona.'

Please get it right, use a full quote and not a cherry picked version, and put the quote into context.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering about the "astro-not" thing, too.  I'd also note that using Google translate to argue a complex scientific and historical point is not what I'd choose to do for fun.  Are there no Spanish-language sites you could use instead?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:31 PM »
If he were arguing from knowledge, he could use math and diagrams to make his point.  So I guess we are left with some version of "fun" as the reason and apollohoax.net as the  forum of last resort for such a trill seeker.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering about the "astro-not" thing, too.  I'd also note that using Google translate to argue a complex scientific and historical point is not what I'd choose to do for fun.  Are there no Spanish-language sites you could use instead?
It is not a Spanish native speaker thing. Google is irrelevant. It is a term specific to certain individuals who are pleased to pretend to be linguistically challenged in order to promulgate their particular flavour of nonsense by means of pretending to be in possession of functionally inadequate English.

I have seen it many times and in each case, it has been a ruse. I see no reason to consider it different on this rotation of the hamster wheel.

That said, if our proponent can demonstrate anything to support anything he states then fine. So far, not a jot and on the evidence so far, I have a fair idea who this is.

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 06:21:54 AM »
The US, Russia and China have all landed unmanned spacecraft on the moon.  In addition, Japan, India and the European Space Agency have launched lunar orbiters.  How many of these have had cameras that pointed at Earth?   To save you the research, the results are the same as for Apollo, the occasional picture had the Earth in shot, but the vast majority of pictures were taken of the Moon.

As others have already said, you can photograph the Earth much better from Earth orbit.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man