Author Topic: Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...  (Read 29224 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Moon landings happened to convince you they were faked...
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2015, 08:27:12 AM »
No matches not a single crater between the two pictures. Because both are FALSE.

Wrong.

They aren't particularly hard to match. 10 minutes with Virtual Moon Atlas did the job

Can you now retract your assertion tarkus? Or do you not have the cojones to admit that you are wrong?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »
My apologies...there is a typo in the graphic above. "Otswald" should read "Ostwald"
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »
, it is not necessary that you treat me like an idiot ...

If you don't want to be considered an idiot, don't act like one.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
, it is not necessary that you treat me like an idiot ...

If you don't want to be considered an idiot, don't act like one.

He/she has a bit of a thin hide, doesn't he/she? Getting all butt-hurty but no too sensitive not to insult others....

You lie,

so absurd I can only laugh

We believe that the astro-nots ...
Please organize a collection for the poor so NASA can buy a camera because they miss TV transmissions of the fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »
o know that the moon landings were false enough to contrast the statements of astronauts with NASA space agency itself, so when Armstrong denies having seen stars during its journey through space, when Collins supports this statement with your own dose of amnesia, one wonders why NASA said the astronauts were guided by the stars ...
No? Yes?

The astronauts said they saw stars clearly when they were in the shadow of the Moon.
And why just behind the dark side? in space there is no air can scatter light as here on Earth.

The Sun was visible. The cabin lights were on. The astronauts' eyes were adapted to sunlight. Stars are much fainter than the Sun.

Anyone who gets on a car and drive along the road to a place far enough away from a big city on a clear, clear, moonless night, will be ecstatic at the spectacle ... I can understand that an inhabitant of New York refuses to see the stars, but an astronaut, with the invaluable advantages enjoyed by the lack of atmosphere it says not see the stars? really?

Yes, on a moonless night you can see a lot of stars. But when the astronauts travelled to the Moon it was not night time. Also, they were inside a spacecraft with the lights on so they could see what they were doing. If you are inside a lit room at night time and look out the window you will not see many stars.
Of course there is no day and night as below in space, it is not necessary that you treat me like an idiot ... too weak your argument because NASA says astronauts were guided by the stars using a sextant but they deny remember seeing them not withstand scrutiny.

When the astronauts looked through the sextant they saw only a tiny fraction of the sky. This greatly reduced the amount of sunlight affecting their vision.

They did not deny seeing the stars. They reported seeing lots of stars when they were in the shadow of the Moon.

Also, if the problem was the lights inside the capsule ... enough to turn them off !!! and look out the window.
It is incredible to read the desperate attempts to justify the unjustifiable, fly into space for a cruise of a week and not see the stars seem confession of a madman or a pathological liar.

Yes, they could turn off the lights if they wanted. On occasions they did. I believe Ken Mattingly was one who did this while orbiting the Moon alone on Apollo 16, while in the Moon's shadow.

You keep saying the astronauts denied EVER seeing stars. They did not say this. They spoke of times when they could not see stars and of other times when they could.

We believe that the astro-nots a laser reflectors were left without a camera pointing at Earth? since the days of Apollo Moon still without an installed camera and transmitted to Earth, is there anything in this a question of cost? Please organize a collection for the poor so NASA can buy a camera because they miss TV transmissions of the fantastic (fantasy) Apollo times.

What is the benefit of a camera on the Moon looking at the Earth? The Apollo astronauts took some photos of the Earth from the Moon, and there is some video footage of the Earth taken by the TV camera on the rovers of Apollos 15, 16 and 17.

And what was the benefit of playing golf on the moon?

It was a five minute piece of entertainment from an astronaut who liked to play golf. The cost was one golf club head and two golf balls. This is much cheaper than a camera designed to film the Earth from the Moon. It also graphically demonstrated the effect of the Moon's lower gravity in terms many people could immediately understand.

You seem very boring to see the Earth from space, as if NASA hign us the ability to view real-time Earth as viewed from space. Instead what we have is filming the ISS to Earth so low in internet forums in the XXI century still discussing what the real shape of the earth.

In some ways watching the Earth from the Moon would be boring to ordinary people. It wouldn't move, and it would take a month to complete a cycle from Full Earth to New Earth to Full Earth. And from the distance of the Moon there wouldn't be much detail.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
From the moon, the Earth is only TWO DEGREES of the sky - four times the diameter of the Moon seen from Earth.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2015, 01:26:58 PM »
From the moon, the Earth is only TWO DEGREES of the sky - four times the diameter of the Moon seen from Earth.

Or about the width of two fingernails held at arms length. I can't see how that would make for much of an interesting view!

I'm sure that tarkus will be along any moment to tell why a lunar-surface-based Earth observatory would be such a great idea.... ::)

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »
Don't hold your breath. Or postpone your dinner. Or stop planning for a vacation.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2015, 05:22:58 PM »
No matches not a single crater between the two pictures. Because both are FALSE.
Are you claiming LRO is fake too?