Author Topic: Apollo 13  (Read 167280 times)

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Apollo 13
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:32 AM »
Tax dollars and hundreds of hours?  I wish. 

Allan, I come here to read,  learn, and post occasionally (mainly, as a flight instructor, I get to use the toys engineers build for us, not design it, so I'm not near qualified to comment on a lot of this stuff) about one of the greatest achievements of my time.  The time I spend here is a small fraction of what I put into being the volunteer chairman of a not-for-profit aviation organization, not to mention my day job.

The fact that you won't learn and that you deny the reality of events that the historical evidence overwhelmingly says did happen renders your opinions less than insignificant - they are totally irrelevant.

Offline ineluki

• Earth
Re: Apollo 13
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »
instances where the chatter involved events that happened that NASA would have had no control over, like talking about the weather,

That's where crank magnetism comes into play, every really enlightened Conspiracist knows that NASA is manipulating the weather (*cough* Chemtrails).

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2013, 09:10:34 AM »
Hell, I spend more time watching Star Trek than I do on this forum. Does he think I'm paid to boost the fan numbers?

It depends... are you watching the movies (if yes which), TOS, TNG; DS9, Voyager or Enterprise?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
Hell, I spend more time watching Star Trek than I do on this forum. Does he think I'm paid to boost the fan numbers?

It depends... are you watching the movies (if yes which), TOS, TNG; DS9, Voyager or Enterprise?

He's watching TNG (yay!  :) ) and Enterprise (boo!  :( )
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »
There was something a bit Heiwa-esque about his refusing to see that he'd already been given what he asked for.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2013, 10:57:57 AM »
I found this video.

I don't know what to make of it...the whole video is really odd.

edit to add...at the 1 minute 16 second mark, I think we see where AC gets his "inspiration".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:01:28 AM by RAF »

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
Actually, if you watch Woodstock the film, I think you might see Our mate. He's the one convinced that the helicopters at the event were seeding the clouds to cause the rain. using his own logic, it is undeniably him. Who else could it be? Unless he can provide contemporaneous evidence to the contrary (which I will ignore anyways) he's fooling no one.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
I found this video.

edit to add...at the 1 minute 16 second mark, I think we see where AC gets his "inspiration".

Pathetic is a fit description.  Is this really what his life has come down to?  Drinking and conspiracy mongering. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
Yeah, why would anyone want to spend their free time talking to other people who share a common interest? No one ever does that willingly, right?

Actually -- no joke -- I'm being paid to write this post.  There's a crew from Russian Television shooting today in our offices and one of our computing centers, and I was asked to do something "with a lot of typing" to make me look busy.  So everyone smile and say "Soyuz!"  ;D

I guess, by that logic, that means he's being paid to spread misinformation about Apollo.

Oh no, the logic never works the same in both directions.  Anyone who defends the mainstream view is obviously being paid to do so, because who else would be motivated to do it?  Who would willingly ally with that?  In contrast anyone who argues against the mainstream automatically has pure motives and altruistic intent.  They are only trying to tell the truth.

[ whoops, there was a lighting problem -- take 2 ]

And if anyone happens to want money or solicit donations for any of the counter-mainstream activities, that's perfectly okay because it's money going to a good cause.  And they have to try to match the obviously well-funded efforts of their critics.

But yeah, the double standard is pretty apparent.  "If you post, you must be getting paid" has to work both directions if it works at all.  It's hilarious to see conspiracists falling all over themselves to poison the well, monetarily speaking.  My review of Bennett and Percy's book on Amazon.com has a couple of responses accusing me of being a paid shill and saying things like, "Of course he'll deny it, but it's true."  I suspect it's the typical YooToobers, but the point remains deliciously hypocritical -- they're posting on the page of a pro-hoax book being offered for sale for profit.  These critics are either monumentally stupid or have no shame.

Okay, shooting done.  And craft services has donuts.  ::)
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
I found this video.

Well, it looks like he's won over the drunk, credulous, girls on a beach demographic....

I don't count 41 though. Is there more to this?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:34:24 PM by darren r »
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #400 on: October 29, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
Yeah, why would anyone want to spend their free time talking to other people who share a common interest? No one ever does that willingly, right?

Actually -- no joke -- I'm being paid to write this post.  There's a crew from Russian Television shooting today in our offices and one of our computing centers, and I was asked to do something "with a lot of typing" to make me look busy.  So everyone smile and say "Soyuz!"  ;D

I guess, by that logic, that means he's being paid to spread misinformation about Apollo.

Oh no, the logic never works the same in both directions.  Anyone who defends the mainstream view is obviously being paid to do so, because who else would be motivated to do it?  Who would willingly ally with that?  In contrast anyone who argues against the mainstream automatically has pure motives and altruistic intent.  They are only trying to tell the truth.

[ whoops, there was a lighting problem -- take 2 ]

And if anyone happens to want money or solicit donations for any of the counter-mainstream activities, that's perfectly okay because it's money going to a good cause.  And they have to try to match the obviously well-funded efforts of their critics.

But yeah, the double standard is pretty apparent.  "If you post, you must be getting paid" has to work both directions if it works at all.  It's hilarious to see conspiracists falling all over themselves to poison the well, monetarily speaking.  My review of Bennett and Percy's book on Amazon.com has a couple of responses accusing me of being a paid shill and saying things like, "Of course he'll deny it, but it's true."  I suspect it's the typical YooToobers, but the point remains deliciously hypocritical -- they're posting on the page of a pro-hoax book being offered for sale for profit.  These critics are either monumentally stupid or have no shame.

Okay, shooting done.  And craft services has donuts.  ::)

So, are they shooting a documentary about how the old Soviet regime he the US fake the Apollo missions?  ::)
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #401 on: October 29, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
No, supercomputing and the surveillance state.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
There's a crew from Russian Television shooting today in our offices and one of our computing centers, and I was asked to do something "with a lot of typing" to make me look busy.

Is that "a Russian television", or RT, formerly known as "Russia Today"? Because if it's the latter case, they have a bit of a reputation...

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
It's the latter case, and I'm not entirely comfortable with it.

Offline Procopius

• Mercury
« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »
Well, it looks like he's won over the drunk, credulous, girls on a beach demographic….

I'm not convinced of that - the one who speaks never really says anything specific, and is often cut off in mid-sentence.  I suspect the vague, lacking in content statements which survived the editing are the best that could be done with the material she provided.

I don't count 41 though. Is there more to this?

It looked like two to me, but might it be that this is his 41st video posted?