Author Topic: Photos from Apollo 11 film footage  (Read 149322 times)

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
Re: Photos from Apollo 11 film footage
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:53 AM »
Intention is to post 7 frame capture photos from Apollo 11 film footage that includes astronauts excursion.
Film clip is single reel, shot continuously, at same frame rate, shutter speed and F-stop
Please download, then view photos in order.
Notice the location of the lunar lander shadow, the shadow progresses from left to right as you rotate through photos.
The shadow becomes progressively sharper and the picture progressively lightens. Best illustrated by moving from 1st to last photos.

All of these changes take place in 5:40 minutes x adjustment for frame rate.

The Sun when viewed from Earth would appear to move 1 degree of arc in 4 minutes.
From the Moon the Sun would appear to move 1 degree of arc in 112 minutes.

Evidence supports the apparent movement of the Sun, rising by several degrees, within a short period of time.

This is way awesome dude.  So the sun is rising at a rate not commensurate with a real landing?

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »
Yo dude, dont call him dude.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »
Do you ever plan to read the entire thread you post to before coming up with posts like this that make you look like an idiot?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:47 AM »
Can youn post and say more.  We need more details.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2013, 07:19:38 AM »
There are 18 pages of details. Read it yourself and stop trolling.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline chrisbobson

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2013, 07:20:31 AM »
Might be a way to reverse sequence this and get more info.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
What is seen in this photo of the Orbiter, if it is authentic?
It's authentic.

Here is what the photographer, astronaut Joseph P. Allen, said about it in his NASA Oral History Project interview on 18 March 2004:
The first time we did an OMS [Orbital Maneuvering System] burn—it’s to change your orbit ever so slightly, after we were safely in space and the payload bay doors were open—you do the countdown and [fire the engine]. Since the burn was being done by Vance and Bob Overmyer, Bill and I had only to just look out the back and see at T-minus-zero the OMS engines ignite, and to my astonishment, it looked like the back of the Orbiter blew off. It just went [demonstrates], this enormous flash of light—[totally unexpected]. You hear kind of a “whump” of the engine starting, [and see] a flash of light. It just is there and then it’s gone, even though the engine continues to burn.

I later learned there’s a reason for that. The engines are started rich, more fuel than oxidizer, in order to make sure a clean burn starts, and then [the mixture is] made lean again, such that everything gets burned and there’s no light at all. You would think there would be light from a rocket; there’s none, at least looking out the back.

Every OMS burn from that time—I mean, we did maybe four or five during that mission—with every one, I would have a camera and at T-equals-zero I would take a photograph. To my astonishment, one of those photographs has the flash on it. [The] “OMS burn” [photo is] in the Entering Space book, [and] in several NASA publications. [It turns out] the flash lasts for only a fifth of a second, [a fact] we can tell that from video, TV cameras, camcorders. About a fifth of a second. The exposure of a camera is a sixtieth of a second, so you have to put a sixtieth of a second right during that fifth of a second, which is virtually impossible to do. But I got very lucky and was quite pleased by that result.

Isn't it a shame that the hoax believers never seem to keep metadata like this attached to the photographs they present?

I searched for and found this thread, so I'll resurrect it if you folks don't mind.

About a month or so I was searching for HB's videos.  I came upon one, that I didn't link, that basically stated the any photo/image that had Photoshop/Ducky in the metadata area MEANT that it had been photo shopped.  So I trucked on over to NASA, but couldn't find any images.  Googled the images and found they appear to be at ASU web site.  Found many that had descriptions added and knew those are obviously photo shopped, but did find one of A16 that did not have any descriptions.  After downloading and opening in one of my hex editors, found:

"CCPPhotoshop ICC profile<bh:00><bh:00>x<bh:da>c"

toward the beginning of the file.
Now not being a camera buff or have photoshop even installed on my lap, brought me to a screeching halt. 

Googled something like faking LRO images (or something close to that) lead me to some forums in which there appeared to be a description of the information.  That's how I now know that this information is metadata.  But none of the links were live still.

So I know some of you guys can fill me in on the real reason this information comes from the file?

Edit:
Can't add the file, but the name is M192817484LR_thumb.png  "Astronaut's Eye View of Apollo 16 Site"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:13:50 PM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »
Simply because the picture, while being prepared for web use, has been loaded into photoshop, probably resized, has had color or brightness adjusted, or simply has been altered to a different jpg-compression ratio. It does not mean that the picture has had elements added or removed.

Remember, the original photos are on 120-film, has been through a scanning process which makes very large files, probably .tiff-files which are HUGE. As in Titanic. If those files had been used on a web page, you'd need a lot of memory on your computer and a fast connection. Don't know if a browser even supports .tiff files. Most photos we see are small 50-500 mb .jpg. Compare that to dozens of gigabytes for a simple picture.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:54:01 PM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2015, 08:38:26 PM »
So I know some of you guys can fill me in on the real reason this information comes from the file?

Edit:
Can't add the file, but the name is M192817484LR_thumb.png  "Astronaut's Eye View of Apollo 16 Site"

It would be strange if the file didn't have any indication of how it was converted and compressed. NASA's contemporary releases of press photos of Pluto are also in interchange formats; the science information certainly is not being transmitted that way from the New Horizons probe! Checking http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/nh-plutosurface.png... yup, Photoshop.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »
You see how seductively the HB's suck in the unenlightened and present  "reasonable" proposition to trap the unsuspecting.
Thanks
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2015, 12:16:29 AM »
What the average HB forgets, or doesn't realise, is that while Photoshop has become shorthand for faking things in images in some way, it is also the industry standard photo editing and processing software. It gets used for basic jobs, not just adding UFOs to things.

There isn't a single image taken by me that doesn't have that photoshop metadata in it, because the first thing I will do with holiday snaps and so on is tweak the levels and sharpen them.

The HB argument is that this means I never went on holiday.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2015, 03:43:05 AM »
You should use Lightroom for that. Better for batch jobs.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »
You should use Lightroom for that. Better for batch jobs.

Tried that, didn't get on with it :)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2015, 08:09:55 AM »
This may seem like a stupid question, but how does one "view" the post number in each of the threads?
I have searched through the help and can't find the setting to facilitate this option.

Edit:
Never mind, I see the information on each post.  I just thought that number referred to the post number in reference.  My bad
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:55:24 AM by bknight »
Eugene Cernan