Author Topic: Space shuttle hoax...  (Read 16488 times)

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
Space shuttle hoax...
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
I was just trying to think like a hoax believer today and this came to mind.

How many years of the shuttle program being shut down before some idiot says the Space Shuttle was a big hoax.   No way could you launch a mass that size into orbit much less than bring it back through atmospheric heating to reuse on a future mission.   Look at all the other spacecraft ever flow or still being flown.   They are small manned capsules launched at the end of disposable rockets.

The idea of hitting a precise runway target from deorbit and not even using any engines on landing.   Absolutely ludicrous that NASA expects us to believe that is possible.

How come no other nations have launched a space plane into orbit manned and reused them on several occassions.   The Russians luanched one but it was unmanned and they never relaunched it because reusable spacecraft are an impossible engineering feat.   

Besides if it was possible to fly a space shuttle back in the 80s 90s and 2000s it would still be possible now.   Technology doesn't reverse does it?   The fact that the only ships in orbit today are capsules is damming evidence of a hoax.

The US supposedly operated these vehicles over a hundred missions yet no one else has ever operated one and the US does not operate anything remotely like it now.   What a bunch of hogwash.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:10:46 PM by astronaut23 »

Offline darren r

• Earth
Re: Space shuttle hoax...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but some of them already claim it. Heiwa for one (if I remember correctly).

But then, there are people in the dark corners of the internet who claim that nuclear weapons don't work and the Japanese tsunami was faked (along with every terrorist attack and mass shooting of the last 30 or so years). It just proves that there probably isn't anything anyone could come up with that would be too ludicrous for some wingnut to believe.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
I've tried playing that "devil's advocate" game of trying to think like a hoax believer, and it seems to me that all roads lead to the Illumanati, or some equivalent.  Some kind of behind-the-scenes entity that controls all world governments.  I just don't see any other way to explain the fact that other nations with tracking or (now) spaceflight capabilities have never blown the whistle on the "faked" missions.

Or geologists around the world not exposing the "fake" moon rocks.

Or whoever put together SOME kind of system that makes GPS and satellite TV work.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
http://www.webspawner.com/users/shuttlehoax/

LOL...read if you dare.   The stupid it hurts to read.    ::)

Offline scooter

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »
Heck, over at the cluesforum, even all the satellites are fake, as rockets don't work in space.

The stupid is very disturbing...

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Since you can look up at any point on Earth and, if you look at the right time, you'll see a satellite pass by, this takes a definite degree of wilful ignorance that staggers the imagination.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »
I was just trying to think like a hoax believer today and this came to mind.

How many years of the shuttle program being shut down before some idiot says the Space Shuttle was a big hoax.   No way could you launch a mass that size into orbit much less than bring it back through atmospheric heating to reuse on a future mission.   Look at all the other spacecraft ever flow or still being flown.   They are small manned capsules launched at the end of disposable rockets.

The idea of hitting a precise runway target from deorbit and not even using any engines on landing.   Absolutely ludicrous that NASA expects us to believe that is possible.

How come no other nations have launched a space plane into orbit manned and reused them on several occassions.   The Russians luanched one but it was unmanned and they never relaunched it because reusable spacecraft are an impossible engineering feat.   

Besides if it was possible to fly a space shuttle back in the 80s 90s and 2000s it would still be possible now.   Technology doesn't reverse does it?   The fact that the only ships in orbit today are capsules is damming evidence of a hoax.

The US supposedly operated these vehicles over a hundred missions yet no one else has ever operated one and the US does not operate anything remotely like it now.   What a bunch of hogwash.

Not to mention that the whole launch configuration is unbalanced, and would fall over the moment it got off the ground!!

Heck, over at the cluesforum cluelessforum, even all the satellites are fake, as rockets don't work in space.

The stupid is very disturbing...

FTFY

Since you can look up at any point on Earth and, if you look at the right time, you'll see a satellite pass by, this takes a definite degree of wilful ignorance that staggers the imagination.

Satellites? What satellites?
I don't see any satellites!!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »
It's truly amazing how much cleverness they put into being so stupid.

I usually see an argument along the lines that satellites are put up there by rockets that shut down before they leave the atmosphere. The fact that achieving a closed, stable orbit requires an impulse to be performed in vacuum is simply too esoteric for them; appeals to Newton's Cannonball usually go nowhere.

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 02:33:42 AM »
But since what we claim to be our satellites are really aliens in Unobtanium-Fueled-Orbiters, we lose that argument. So why don't we just blow them up? Because our weapons, like our rockets, won't work in space. And since radio transmissions can't propagate without atmosphere, that's the final proof that Apollo was a total hoax.

I'm so depressed.  :(
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline astronaut23

• Mercury
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 07:17:06 AM »
thats the final proof that Apollo was a total hoax.

I hope your joking.   Its hard to tell on the internet whether somone is or not.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
But since what we claim to be our satellites are really aliens in Unobtanium-Fueled-Orbiters, we lose that argument.

That would be Elerium, not Unobtainium. Elerium-115. You get 50 units of it per Power Source.

Offline karrde

• Mercury
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »
In fact, cluesforum admins are paid shills of the global conspiracy. Their job is to attract all brainless morons around the world and make them look as oligophrenic as possible.

Offline cjameshuff

• Mars
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »
I usually see an argument along the lines that satellites are put up there by rockets that shut down before they leave the atmosphere. The fact that achieving a closed, stable orbit requires an impulse to be performed in vacuum is simply too esoteric for them; appeals to Newton's Cannonball usually go nowhere.

Presuming there's any sort of coherent thought involved, this might be mixed up with the idea that gravity stops once you're "in space", so all you have to do is get high enough.

And SpaceX is really close to bringing the Falcon 9-R first stages back to a landing pad for reuse, and plan to do the same for the next version of the Dragon capsule, so there'll ongoing examples of the same sort of thing. That won't stop everyone though...every time a new Grasshopper test is done, there's cries that the video was faked. Some of them are certainly just trolls, but it's hard to tell the difference between them and the real thing...

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
thats the final proof that Apollo was a total hoax.

I hope your joking.   Its hard to tell on the internet whether somone is or not.

No, it's not hard. Just click on a poster's username and then on "Show Posts." A quick look at recent posts should answer that. But to save you the time, yes I was joking.  :)
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 12:47:47 PM »
http://www.webspawner.com/users/shuttlehoax/

LOL...read if you dare.   The stupid it hurts to read.    ::)

This line :

Yet despite the absence of this blue glow we can still see blue coloured oceans which according to the opinion of some obtain their colour from the very same blue sky glow.

suggests to me that this is a spoof. Or at least I hope it is...
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.