Author Topic: Rarely has an advertisement made me laugh so much...  (Read 16894 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Re: Rarely has an advertisement made me laugh so much...
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2014, 07:26:13 AM »
They were definitely on the c64, you can still play it if you are inclined the game is downloadable from various sites. There are plenty of free c64 emulators available.

Ian Bells Elite page is worth a visit it has all the versions of elite available for download. :)

http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/ 
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
Re: Rarely has an advertisement made me laugh so much...
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
Hmmm, never heard of Elite. I wonder why.
I did enjoy playing a quirky little game called "Mule." It was one of only two computer games my wife was ever interested in playing with me. The other one was a murder mystery...all text. I can't remember the name of it, though. A few years later I'll bet another game she would have been fascinated with was "Myst." But by then she had come to hate my computers.

Elite was a space trading game thought up by Ian Bell and David Braben.............

I was friends with a guy at school only because he had a BBC micro with Elite installed. Loved it. There is a new series of games called X that are basically updated expanded versions of Elite. I'm on X3 at the moment. I love open-ended sandpit games like that.