Author Topic: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?  (Read 420745 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?
« Reply #630 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
Asking what you think.

This is a convenient time to start caring what I think.  How about, instead of trying to play childish games, you address the part where I tore your IMU argument to shreds?  When you demonstrate you care what I think about that, you can start asking me questions about something else.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:53 PM »
Did Apollo 11 go to the moon and land while still faking the video?

Was this post meant to have a point?
Asking what you think.

That's known as "begging the question".

The Eagle landed on the moon.  Nothing was faked about it.

Edit: Jason posted while I was typing, I see we agree.... as usual :)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
Alexsanchez

What are your qualifications?

Do you know where Stanley Kubrick lived and worked during the time you say he was faking Apollo?

Do you have any response at all to the numerous replies to your absurd comments about IMU alignment precision?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »
Do you have any response at all to the numerous replies to your absurd comments about IMU alignment precision?

Obvious troll is obvious.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #634 on: January 31, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
Yeah, but it never hurts to make them even more obvious...
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #635 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »

Begging the question.

Apollo 11 did go to the moon and land, and did not fake the video.

But instead of asking questions, why don't you answer some instead?

Do you know where Stanley Kubrick lived and worked during the time you say he was faking Apollo?

Every rocket launched on earth goes through an IMU alignment.  Is that absurd?  Some people think the landing was real, but they faked the video.  I was asking Jay.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #636 on: January 31, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »

Begging the question.

Apollo 11 did go to the moon and land, and did not fake the video.

But instead of asking questions, why don't you answer some instead?

Every rocket launched on earth goes through an IMU alignment.  Is that absurd?  Some people think the landing was real, but they faked the video.  I was asking Jay.

Ooh ooh ooh!  Claiming to none new to the idea of the hoax but quickly focussing on Jay?  Where have we seen that before?!

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »
Asking what you think.

This is a convenient time to start caring what I think.  How about, instead of trying to play childish games, you address the part where I tore your IMU argument to shreds?  When you demonstrate you care what I think about that, you can start asking me questions about something else.

I think he got what he was after, a detailed rebuttal to manipulate as his own.....at a later date. Now he's been suspended at CQ....probably banned for socking for about the 50th time....he'll be here more of the time.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #638 on: January 31, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
Every rocket launched on earth goes through an IMU alignment.  Is that absurd?

No, the absurdity was in your given level of precision and your ideas about how the ascent and rendezvous actually worked, and the notion that you need to know exactly where you lift off from in order to successfully rendezvous with an orbiting spacecraft, and you know that. Stop playing idiotic, childish games.

Once again (and yes, I will ask this until I get an answer): do you understand that getting into orbit and the rendezvous were separate elements?

Some people think the landing was real, but they faked the video.

No-one here does.

I was asking Jay.

And? This is an open discussion.

Again:

Do you know where Stanely Kubrick lived and worked during Apollo?

Do you have anythign to say about how utterly wrong you were about the LM's ability to align the IMU and the precision with which it needed to do so, or about your ignorance of the engine and RCS capabilities, which would be rather useful for you to know if you're going to pronounce judgement on the capabilities of the spacecraft?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:57:17 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guruâ„¢
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #639 on: January 31, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »
sts60, your posts are EPIC.
(blushes) Well, thank you, but Jay, Bob, ka9q, etc. are doing all the heavy lifting in this thread.

I agree with Andromeda.  I always like reading your stuff, sts60.  Very informative and a hoot to read.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #640 on: January 31, 2013, 02:55:36 PM »
Some people think the landing was real, but they faked the video.  I was asking Jay.

You were asking Jay, what? If he agreed with you?

You simply can not be that ignorant.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
'Some people', eh? Do those people include you?
Enough with the weasel words. ::)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #642 on: January 31, 2013, 03:02:44 PM »
Every rocket launched on earth goes through an IMU alignment.  Is that absurd?

I have answered this question three times.  You have ignored the answer all three times.  I have given you a complete analysis of your error and misconception.  Since you cannot even acknowledge it, much less answer it, much less provide a suitable rejoinder, I conclude you are trolling.

Some people think the landing was real, but they faked the video.  I was asking Jay.

I will not play your games.  You have my answer.  Deal with it.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #643 on: January 31, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »
(blushes) Well, thank you, but Jay, Bob, ka9q, etc. are doing all the heavy lifting in this thread.

Perhaps, but that is not always the case, nor is it ever an excuse to deprive us of your unique skill and insight, so appropriately and succinctly phrased.  "Epic" is the single best word.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #644 on: January 31, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »

You were asking Jay, what? If he agreed with you?

You simply can not be that ignorant.
I heard a guy named Jay on a radio show one time saying Apollo was real, but for some reason the video was fake.  Don't remember the last name.  Thought it might have been the same Jay by chance.  Guess not.