Poll

Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?

Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?
0 (0%)
Did NASA Land On The Moon & Faked No Pictures?
37 (97.4%)
Did NASA Never Land On The Moon At All?
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 19, 2013, 10:15:48 AM

Author Topic: Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?  (Read 89462 times)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: Did NASA Land On The Moon, But Faked Some Pictures?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
Remember what Astronaut Brian O'leary said "it is possible for NASA to fake some pictures"

ApolloHoax.net Forum people. What is your take on this?  :)
Brian O'leary was not an astronaut.

NASA claims him as an astronaut because he had completed the selection process and moved into training.  The fact that he quit before being qualified for a mission is relevant only if one considers going into space as being a requirement.  But being a NASA astronaut is a purely matter of employment classification.   

OTOH, apollo_deception's claim that O'Leary had some special insight to a hoax is simply an appeal to authority fallacy. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
well considering people believed everything they heard and saw on television back then its possible

No, they didn't.  What's your source for that?  By this statement, I think we can take it as read that you weren't around then, so how do you know?  Do you just believe what someone told you?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 11:03:11 AM »
actually no amount of money will get you through the deadly Van Allen Belts....show me one person who has went through it besides apollo?
The crews of Gemini 10 and 11 entered the Van Allen belts on their flights. The astronauts on the ISS travel through the South Atlantic Anomaly on a regular basis and survive. Were you aware of this, or are you saying those flights were/are faked too?

well considering people believed everything they heard and saw on television back then its possible
The Russians sent biological specimens (turtles and insects) through the Van Allen belts and returned them  to Earth alive. Did you know that?
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 11:03:25 AM »
actually no amount of money will get you through the deadly Van Allen Belts....show me one person who has went through it besides apollo?

Don't shift the burden of proof.  It is your claim, you prove it. 

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 11:05:39 AM »

No, they didn't.  What's your source for that?  By this statement, I think we can take it as read that you weren't around then, so how do you know?  Do you just believe what someone told you?

Evidently he does and is just applying his lack of imagination to the everything else.  The late 60's were a hotbed of anti-government sentiment and distrust. 

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »

And your basis for that assertion is what, exactly?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 11:09:36 AM »

Oh, the 'deadly' van Allen belts. I await your demonstration of a detailed understanding of the radiation types, flux density, intensity and so on, and the ways of shielding against the types of radiation in the belts. Also i await your demonstrated expertise in how to navigate in space to show how it would be impossible to avoid them, or at least the most intense parts of them.

Or are you just spouting the same old uncritical nonsense we always hear about the van Allen belts?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline geo7863

• Venus
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »

Oh, the 'deadly' van Allen belts. I await your demonstration of a detailed understanding of the radiation types, flux density, intensity and so on, and the ways of shielding against the types of radiation in the belts. Also i await your demonstrated expertise in how to navigate in space to show how it would be impossible to avoid them, or at least the most intense parts of them.

Or are you just spouting the same old uncritical nonsense we always hear about the van Allen belts?

Yes he is and when he realises he will get nowhere with it he will just post another thread with another marvellous 'truth' about the big hoax!

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 11:42:56 AM »
The crews of Gemini 10 and 11 entered the Van Allen belts on their flights. The astronauts on the ISS travel through the South Atlantic Anomaly on a regular basis and survive. Were you aware of this, or are you saying those flights were/are faked too?

And? Even if that was true. and people did believe everything on TV, how does that demonstrate that something wasn't true?

Your OP asks if they went but faked only some of the pictures. This makes your suggestion that no-one went through the VAB a bit dumb doesn't it?

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
they just recently found a 3rd belt of radiation that exists
i dont see how aluminum can shield radiation?
its said you need at least 2 feet of lead for protection. but think of how difficult it would be to launch a massive lead space craft into orbit lol
pretty dang hard considering it hasnt been done

Offline Valis

• Venus
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
I suspect that this poll is a trap. Most will choose the "faked no pictures" option, and at some point the OP will show some altered NASA PR pic, thus proving that pro-Apollo people are sheeple who believe everything they are told by the government.

Offline apollo_deception

• Venus
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »
no I'm a skeptic. i don't know for sure what happened. and quite frankly i don't think anyone in this forum knows for sure exactly what happened on July 20Th 1969
all i know is a lot of stuff doesn't add up
that we all can agree on, correct?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »
they just recently found a 3rd belt of radiation that exists

And? What were its properties that led to it being undiscovered until now? Could it be that it just wasn't intense enough to show up before? In which case, who cares?

i dont see how aluminum can shield radiation?

Well your lack of knowledge of the relevant physics is your problem, not ours. To begin with, do you understand that 'radiation' is not a single phenomenon but there are various types with different properties?

its said you need at least 2 feet of lead for protection

Said by whom regarding what kind of radiation of what intensity for what duration? The statement 'you need two feet of lead to protect against radiation' is meaningless.

but think of how difficult it would be to launch a massive lead space craft into orbit

Yes it would indeed, but since it wasn't necessary who cares how hard it would be?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »

I don't agree that's true.  In any case, what about the legions of scientists and engineers since then who don't get their information from television and who unanimously believe the Apollo missions were real?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »
all i know is a lot of stuff doesn't add up
that we all can agree on, correct?

Incorrect. What doesn't add up for you is not necessarily a problem for anyone else. You have already demonstrated a very poor understanding of radiation, so why should we believe you know much about any of the technical fields relating to Apollo? But there are plenty of people who DO understand it, many of them here on this board, and they don't find anything anomalous.

The problem is not that stuff doesn't add up, it's that you don't understand how it adds up.